YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Sternum (S) - Chat! ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 182 (182 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Jul 28, 2016 10:01PM) (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Please check in with us by July 31 so that we know you're still participating.
Members:
Cinthia✔
Jackie✔
RimiV
Leah✔

Review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Ways to earn points:

• For every book read, you and your team will earn one point.

• For every buddy read you participate in, you and your team will earn one point.

• For every title or quote guessed correctly, your team will earn 4 points.

Rules:

• Books must be read from the 1st of August to the 31st of August 2016.

• Books must be at least 100 pages in length, 150 pages for middle grade books, and 300 pages for poetry books/books written in verse.

• Buddy read must take place in our group to count.

• Letters guessed have to be the first letter in the book title / author's name to count, unless it's a bonus guess (from taking part in a buddy read for the book you read and reviewed.)

• Letter guesses have to be based on the English title. (However, you can still read the book in any language you like.)

• Your team have to read at least 1 book before making a guess, and you only get one guess per book read.

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Books I want to read:

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Does anyone have a preference as to which number they want? I vote 30.

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Also, I have a suggestion as to how we should go about this. Again, this is just a suggestionso we can take it or leave it.
I think we should take a guess as we post our reviews as this is usually updated more than once a day. That way, we have more of a chance of getting the title/quote. If, however, the thread has not been updated by the time another person posts a review, I think we should hold the second guess until the mods have confirmed the first one. Does this make sense?

message 5: by Leah (last edited Jul 28, 2016 09:20AM) (new)

Leah | 2176 comments That's all fine with me.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Great.:)

message 7: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Yes. Makes sense.

message 8: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Jackie wrote: "Does anyone have a preference as to which number they want? I vote 30."

I don't mind.

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Okay, thanks for checking in. I will check you off once I am on my computer.

message 10: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments I am excited to start this. I will be part of some of the GBRs and some of the BRs.

message 11: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Jackie can I please make a request?? Can you add the review thread to the first comment on this chat? Please? It's easier for me to keep myself up to date.

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Yes, I've been meaning to do that. Thanks for reminding me.:)

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I have added our review thread.:) Also, we're almost all checked in.

message 14: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Thank you Jackie.

message 15: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Jackie have u requested the number yet? Maybe just ask and if someone don't agree with it we could discuss it further.

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I was just about to post here that I am going to go ahead and request it. It's like you read my mind.:)

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I think the puzzle is only posted on the review thread, but if we want I can post new puzzles at the end of my first post along with what we've solved for easy access. Once we complete it, I can delete it and post the new one. Otherwise, we can just check the review thread.

message 18: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments That's ok Jackie. U already posted the review thread here on the top so everyone could just look at review thread. Thanks for all your hard work. I'm so excited to start. I plan to read at least 23 books this month. I was on fun last month and read 18 and the month and in May I was in a serious team and I read 30 so I know I can do it. I went to the library last week and requested most of my GBRs books. I'm only missing 1 but so far I've got 12 of my planned to read books.

message 19: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Nice job! I think I'll read 15, but I'll try and do more. Don't know I'll do 23, but we'll see.:)

message 20: by Cinthia (last edited Aug 01, 2016 05:41PM) (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments My TBR LIST FOR AUGUST :)

1- Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton -GBR, My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand -BR
2- Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore -BR
3- Emerge (Evolve, #1) by S.E. Hall -BR
4- Love Comes Later by Mohanalakshmi Rajakumar -BR
5- Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn -GBR
6- Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh -BR
7- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu -GBR
8- Of Pens and Swords by Rena Rocford -BR
9- Howl (Howl #1) by Jody Morse -BR
10- Madame X (Madame X, #1) by Jasinda Wilder -BR
11- Evensong (Meratis Trilogy #1) by Krista Walsh -BR
12- The Bridge from Me to You by Lisa Schroeder -GBR
13- Life of Pi by Yann Martel -BR Nerve by Jeanne Ryan -might BR
15- Conversion by Katherine Howe -GBR
17- Never Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen Hoover
18- vN (The Machine Dynasty, #1) by Madeline Ashby -GBR
21- Half Lost (The Half Bad Trilogy, #3) by Sally Green
22- The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender -GBR
24- Girl on a Wire by Gwenda Bond
25- Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty -GBR
27- After the End (After the End, #1) by Amy Plum -BR
29- These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1) by Tarun Shanker -GBR

I keep editing this post mostly for my own convenience and to keep myself on track.

message 21: by Remi (new)

Remi (remivfoliage) aaaaah!!! I'm here. Sorry that I didnt see this.

message 22: by Remi (new)

Remi (remivfoliage) I think I can probably read 15 books in August.

message 23: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments RemiV wrote: "I think I can probably read 15 books in August."

That's good :) the rules for a serious group I Think is 12 or more so you will be fine.

message 24: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments We just got our board posted. It looks like we have a one word title.

message 25: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments That looks tough.

message 26: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments True, but it might be easier since we're a serious team. Plus, I know my first book is a BR so that helps.

message 27: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments I still have 12 hrs before I can start ;( my first book is a BR too.. So That's at least 4 letters we can guess on the first day. :)

message 28: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Same! Ahh well, we will just have to step on it.:)

message 29: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments IMPULSE by ELLEN HOPKINS? Just a guess.

message 30: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments PERFECT by ELLEN HOPKINS?

message 31: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Good ideas. I will either start with Everneath or The Sword of Summer, both buddy reads that can help with those guesses.

message 32: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Awesome. I'm reading everneath too. I will also do My lady Jane.

message 33: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Let's try E and S first.

message 34: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments I like that!!! Our odds will be better.

message 35: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Yes. Whoever posts the first book then could guess that and then we will wait to see what the mods say.

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Based on how those letters pan out, the next person can try and make a guess if they fit with your theories. How does that sound.

message 37: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Yep. I'm glad we have a plan going in instead of going blind. Well... we r going blind cuz we have to guess lol.

message 38: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments I'm so glad that we are all checked in now. This will be so much smoother.

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Cinthia wrote: "Yep. I'm glad we have a plan going in instead of going blind. Well... we r going blind cuz we have to guess lol."

Yes, but I think of having a plan and having to guess more of going in partially blind. And, if I may, I'm going in literally blind as I can't see. haha:) Sorry, I couldn't help it.

message 40: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Haha..

message 41: by Remi (new)

Remi (remivfoliage) it's really hard to guess. I don't have any TBR book with 7 letters in the title.

message 42: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments So maybe this is a dumb question but say we guess E and there are 3 E's. We get all the E's right?

message 43: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Cinthia wrote: "So maybe this is a dumb question but say we guess E and there are 3 E's. We get all the E's right?"

Yep.:)

message 44: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments 40 more minutes.. The suspense is killing me.

message 45: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Same! I'm going to try and fly through Everneath. Need to sleep, but arg! It sucks because I use GR time instead of my own but technically I could have started.

message 46: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments have my first three books ready to go.

message 47: by Cinthia (last edited Aug 01, 2016 04:11AM) (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments I finished What Really Happened in Peru (The Bane Chronicles, #1) by Cassandra Clare I'm almost done with My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand but wanted to do a quick read...

I'm gonna guess I see what happens...

message 48: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Well that sucks. My guess was way off:(

message 49: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6299 comments Just finished Lady Jane BR but I don't know if I should post and guess letter or wait til maybe someone has a clue with the letter we already have?

message 50: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Who is the author?

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.