What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Ghost on Saturday Night
This topic is about The Ghost on Saturday Night
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Spooky children's book about a ghostly hanged magician? [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brady (new) - added it

Brady | 4 comments This was a picture book I read in grade school (in the early 90s), but my memory is very fuzzy about it. It took place in a village that I believe was the Old West, but could have been Victorian England maybe? There was this creepy magician (at least I think he was) and he might have done some trick with a noose that went wrong and everyone thought he hanged to death. I believe it was revealed at the end that he was still alive (or came back as a ghost with the noose on his neck?) Something in that ballpark.

The plot could be way off, but I distinctly remember it for it's Tim Burton-like art style. The image I remember the most is the possible magician who was gangling and had a really tall forehead. He looked vaguely like Frankenstein's monster.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking for this book for years!

message 3: by Brady (new) - added it

Brady | 4 comments Not quite. Thank you though! Very good guess.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40168 comments Mod
Brady, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Brady (new) - added it

Brady | 4 comments I found it! If you need to remove the post, that is perfectly fine.

Bryn (Plus Others) (brynplusplus) | 186 comments Brady, please tell us what the right book is! It'll stick around for other people to find if they're looking for the same book.

message 8: by Brady (last edited Jul 10, 2019 07:05PM) (new) - added it

Brady | 4 comments Oh, of course! Sorry about that. The book was The Ghost on Saturday Night" by Sid Fleischman. Ironically, Holly mentioned a similar Fleischman book above and I had no idea just how close she was!