The Potterheads ⚯͛ discussion

Harry Potter Books > Cursed Child

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Will you read it through the night or at a leisurely pace?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I will be reading it the whole night and I will not stop until it is finished. Then i will be an emotional mess for days.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay i'm glad i'm not the only one.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I'll lock myself in the cupboard under the stairs so no one will see me cry as I suffer from sleep deprivation... Just kidding- I WISH I had a cupboard under the stairs... My room will have to do.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

hahaha

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Has anyone got any idea of what they think might happen in Cursed Child? I have no clue but I am glad because then it will all be a surprise when I am reading it! :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I HAVE THE BOOK! IT IS SO GOOD I CANT EVEN DESCRIBE. I AM IN TEARS ALREADY. WHO ELSE HAS BOUGHT IT?

message 8: by Giselle (new)

Giselle Chionh | 19 comments I just finished reading Part 1 of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! It was amazing!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you like the script format? i love it

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes I thought that sometimes time passed a little quickly, but the script format was really nice for a change.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel OMG I loved it so much! I've seen a lot of people saying they think it's terrible but I found it sweet and very emotional! I cried :.(

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I cried as well :(

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Glad I'm not the only one! The ending for me...
I thought some of the plot was a little weak but then it is for a play so it was never going to be a really deep, complicated thing. More about the characters and their emotions

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I really want there to be a movie with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson playing their original characters. I know the actors are younger than their characters but makeup could fix that.

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Me too! For me, they will always be the trio

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. It was strange reading cursed child and not imagining them as 15 year olds at hogwarts.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

How long did it take everyone to read cursed child? It took me about 4 hours

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hermione wrote: "How long did it take everyone to read cursed child? It took me about 4 hours"

Same here. About an hour for each act.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Did anyone else find it strange reading about the trio and Draco etc as adults of 40? I thought it was strange reading about Harry being a 40 year old man as I'm so used to imagining them as 15 year old Hogwarts students!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes it was weird! Draco, especially, I didn't know how to see him with a ponytail like Lucius. The actor for Ginny in the play is exactly how I pictured her as I was reading, which was pretty awesome.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I just pretended the ponytail wasn't there XD. I just watched a gif of Draco turning into a ferret in GOF and now I'm crying because they are older now and they don't go to Hogwarts anymore! :(

message 22: by Fangirl13 (new)

Fangirl13 | 6 comments My copy comes in tomorrow I can't wait!!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh that must be so exciting! Im sure you will love it!

message 24: by Dita (new)

Dita P P (saladita12) | 4 comments My copy arrives on the 15th and I am so exited!! My poor Drarry heart is just happy to have them not trying to kill each other ahaha

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Your Drarry heart will like Cursed Child

message 26: by Dita (new)

Dita P P (saladita12) | 4 comments I am sure I will cry. Whether in happiness or in need for more, I am not entirely sure.

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 05, 2016 08:34AM) (new)

I cried for both reasons!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

He is very cute!

message 29: by Carlos (new)

Carlos | 104 comments Is anyone of you guys going to watch the play?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Sadly not :( I would definitely go if I had the chance though!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I heard that :( There were tickets on sale yesterday but I wasn't quick enough and they are quite expensive!

message 32: by Valerie (last edited Aug 05, 2016 08:33AM) (new)

Valerie Ravenscroft (valerieravenscroft) Look at what I got!! :-O

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh! I hope you like it! It takes a little while to get used to the script format but the plot is really good and the character developments are amazing! :-)

message 34: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ravenscroft (valerieravenscroft) Hermione wrote: "Oooh! I hope you like it! It takes a little while to get used to the script format but the plot is really good and the character developments are amazing! :-)"

That's okay; my mom works in the theater industry, been reading script for as long as I can remember hihi ^_^
I can't wait to start it! =D

message 35: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 20 comments i want to see the play so bad but i sadly live in the middle of nowhere

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

@Cindy, Awe I know, I really want to go and see it!

message 37: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 20 comments what do you guys think about delphi?

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

(view spoiler)

message 39: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 20 comments I know right! I actually trusted her in the beginning or like, I didn't think about it all that much but isn't it a bit weird that Voldemort has a daughter? I mean I don't know but Bellatrix is married so did she and Voldemort have their child before she was with her husband? And Dumbledore often said that Voldemort isn't able to love. so, isn't it bizzare that he has a daughter?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

(view spoiler)

message 41: by Carlos (new)

Carlos | 104 comments Hermione wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

I don't know how to hide spoilers so pleaso stop reading if you haven't read the book.

I also thought about another Horcrux, I even thought that maybe Harry still was a Horcrux for not been totally destroyed and that Voldemort's soul was transfered to Albus= the cursed child. But a daughter? come on...

message 42: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 08, 2016 09:38AM) (new)

Ooh the Horcrux being passed to albus sounds like a good story!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I kind of hoped that Draco and Ron would be a bit more friendly/civil to each other. Did anyone else think that?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! I was really disappointed in both of them, like come on guys it's been like twenty years!

message 45: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 17, 2016 06:48AM) (new)

I know! I guess they like to hold a grudge!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a question! (view spoiler)

message 47: by Mireya (new)

Mireya (passtar00) | 3 comments Hermione wrote: "Yes. It was strange reading cursed child and not imagining them as 15 year olds at hogwarts."

I dragged it out for a week I didn't want to finish it so fast.

message 48: by Mireya (new)

Mireya (passtar00) | 3 comments I had mixed feelings after reading this but after a few days thinking about it I liked it. I mean I feel like it didn't need another story it was good with 7 books. It was weird reading about them as adults they'll always be teenagers to me. I really didn't like the delphi/voldermort thing and the Snape being alive in that universe.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Hermione wrote: "I have a question! [spoilers removed]"

I'm not sure exactly. I felt a little bad about not knowing though :( I'm not sure if he was mentioned in other books or not.

message 50: by Srijita (new)

Srijita | 110 comments He was just a normal student,a slytherin prefect who ws killed as he was present in the wrong place at the wrong time..
He is used to remind us of cedric who was also killed under similar circumstances.

« previous 1