YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Parietal (M) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (last edited Jul 31, 2016 06:18AM) (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Ways to earn points:

• For every book read, you and your team will earn one point.

• For every buddy read you participate in, you and your team will earn one point.

• For every title or quote guessed correctly, your team will earn 4 points.

Rules:

• Books must be read from the 1st of August to the 31st of August 2016.

• Books must be at least 100 pages in length, 150 pages for middle grade books, and 300 pages for poetry books/books written in verse.

• Buddy read must take place in our group to count.

• Letters guessed have to be the first letter in the book title / author's name to count, unless it's a bonus guess (from taking part in a buddy read for the book you read and reviewed.)

• Letter guesses have to be based on the English title. (However, you can still read the book in any language you like.)

• Your team have to read at least 1 book before making a guess, and you only get one guess per book read.

Team Members:

Abby ✓
Laura ✓
Noella ✓
Victoria S ✓

Please check in before August 1st!

Review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 620 comments Hi everyone! I can't wait for August to start :P

What are you all planning to read?

message 3: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I already have 6 buddy reads planned! Will start out with Poison Study.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 620 comments I have 5 BRs planned at the moment. Am I buddy reading Magic Study with you? I can't remember with whom I am reading what until the BRs start lol

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I'm not doing Magic Study, just the first one.

message 6: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Hi guys! I have 4 buddy reads planned right now, but I'll hopefully join some more :) Can't wait for the month to start!

message 7: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments The Hangman challenge is my fav! We had a blast with it last year.

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments I've never done it before :) I think I did some of the challenges last year, but not this one!

message 9: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Yeah, it was August of last year. I guess they do it every year for the Mega Month Challenge.

message 10: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Checking in!

message 11: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments We're all here! Shall we pick a number for our first clue?

message 12: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Yes please go ahead :)

message 13: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Okay, I'm going for #22.

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 620 comments Hey Noella and Victoria! 22 sounds great to start with, I can't wait!

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 620 comments When and how are we getting our first hangman?

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Laura, it's on the review thread :) I'll start my first book tomorrow!

message 17: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I think I've got the first one, ladies! It's Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson. Shall I go ahead and make the guess?

message 18: by Laura (last edited Aug 02, 2016 08:00AM) (new)

Laura | 620 comments Abby wrote: "I think I've got the first one, ladies! It's Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson. Shall I go ahead and make the guess?"

Yay! Sure, you go ahead and make the guess and then we choose a new number. I'm right now in the middle of two books, tomorrow I'll have one of them finished for sure and it's a BR.

message 19: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I'll put the # on the thread too. How's 100 sound?

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura | 620 comments I've finished my first book and I've guessed 2 letters ^-^

message 21: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments We get a free guess! What letter should we do?

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 620 comments Abby wrote: "We get a free guess! What letter should we do?"

I don't know... maybe a vowel? I chose 2 already for this book so anyone else choose :)

message 23: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Looks like we're the only two commenting on this thread anyway, Laura. I'd go with E, since it's a common vowel and not many books have it in the title.

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura | 620 comments Abby wrote: "Looks like we're the only two commenting on this thread anyway, Laura. I'd go with E, since it's a common vowel and not many books have it in the title."

Go ahead!

message 25: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Reading my first book at the moment, but it's quite a big one :) It's a buddy read though, and so is my next one!

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura | 620 comments I finished my second book ( Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater ) and I'm going to guess now 2 more letters ^-^

message 27: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Great job guessing, Noella!

I'll be finishing a book tonight, review will probably go up tomorrow. Buddy read so I get 2 letters!

message 28: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments How's everyone doing?

message 29: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments I planned my month terribly, and I'm still chugging through my massive book. I'm starting another one now though so I can catch up, and it's a buddy read, so I do plan to try and catch up! You guys are doing really well though, I'm sorry for not helping :)

message 30: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I do the same thing, Victoria. Have to read those massive books sometime, challenge or not. Just good to know you're not MIA. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.