YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Humerus (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tati (last edited Jul 29, 2016 07:26PM) (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Hello everyone!

This is the chat thread for the Hangman Challenge!

Jamie ✓
Tati ✓
Gillian ✓
Tayane ✓

Does anyone have any preferences for numbers?

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Hi hi! Any number works for me. Ooh so eager to get started on this.

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Tati, I think they just put two of the best solvers for this particular challenge together. :)

message 4: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Awesome!!

I was thinking of 189 for this first round, though I usually end up picking the hardest titles...

message 5: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments Hey!
I really like the number 13, so it's also a choice :)

message 6: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Hey! A fellow Brazilian!

message 7: by Tayane (last edited Jul 28, 2016 10:24AM) (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments Yeah, what a coincidence we end up on the same team!

message 8: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments 13 it's a pretty popular number, so there is a chance we might not get it.

Any plans B?

message 9: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments I'm really found of any number that ends with 3 or 5, actually hahaha Maybe we could try to get 23 or 25 - or the number you said before XD

message 10: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I'm going for 13, then. It's still available!

message 11: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I'm here but a little confused as to how this all works. I will go read the instructions :)

message 12: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Welcome, Gillian!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here!

message 13: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I have read the instructions and i have no preference for numbers. Do we get advance notice for the first title?
Can i please have the time that this will start as my times will be way out of whack for this challenge it is currently 12:34pm on Saturday 30th of July here.

message 14: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments We went with number 13 for the first round.

It starts 12 AM 1st of August, Pacific Time Zone. As soon as we get there, we can start reading and posting our guesses.

message 15: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Ok thanks Tati I think that converts to 5pm on the 1st for me :)

message 16: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Usually, the mods let us start and finish on our own time zones, might be worth it to check with them

message 17: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I think for this one they said we can't as we won't have the tittle, but i will double check.

message 18: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Alright, got my first several books lined up and ready to go! I am off most of the first 2 weeks of the month however I will be traveling to visit family for a good portion of that time so the 4th and the 9th especially as I will be flying but most of my personal time will be spent reading. I love this challenge!

message 19: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Our first board is up!

message 20: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments What are you reading first? I think I'll start with The Blessed by Tonya Hurley .

message 21: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I have BR for My Lady Jane, so I'm going with it

message 22: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Already finished and posted my first book! I'm liking my new time zone! But now I need sleep before the sun comes up lol.

message 23: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I'm sorry I won't be able to join in for a few days as my father passed away unexpectedly yesterday.

message 24: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Oh no!! I'm so sorry!!

Don't worry, take your time.

message 25: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Gillian wrote: "I'm sorry I won't be able to join in for a few days as my father passed away unexpectedly yesterday."

I am so sorry Gillian! We'll see you when we can. *hugs*

message 26: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I couldn't read much yesterday, as I had to drive into work today, but I should be done with a BR today!

message 27: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Also, good job, Jamie!

message 28: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Completed another set!

The one I picked seems to be tougher, sorry about that!

message 29: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Maybe but you got another book and answer for us! I have 2 books I am working on. Hope to have them done by tomorrow. If not, they will have to wait for an extra day. I will be off for almost a full day as I have a long flight on the 4th. I will be reading on the plane though!

message 30: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I'm halfway through another book, I'm trying to have it done before I go home, but I can't make any promises.

message 31: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments Just posted my first book. I should've finished it yesterday, but it's kinda hard for me to read during the day when my mom is 100% of the time home.

Gillian, I'm so sorry about your loss. I know how it's hard, take your time. Hope you feel better soon.

message 32: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments How's everyone doing?

I'm reading a pretty long book (nearly 700 pages), so I'll likely need a couple of days to get that done (it's a BR, though, so bonus guess!)

message 33: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments I'm reading HP and the Cursed Child, but I admit that I can't stop looking for those covers XD

message 34: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Slight chance I might get one more up today but I doubt it. And if I don't finish it it will be next week I finish it as I am traveling the next few days. I have my kindle with me but my currant book is not on it so Not sure I will finish before I leave. Going to bed early tonight and won't be on for about 24 hours or so. So I leave guessing to the rest of you. The next 5 days reading might be a bit light but the second half of next week should offer some amazing reading chances I hope!

message 35: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Tayane wrote: "I'm reading HP and the Cursed Child, but I admit that I can't stop looking for those covers XD"
Those covers are evil! I only found 1 so far and don't have the time right now.

message 36: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments @Tayane, those covers can be impossible to let go of.

@Jamie, that's okay. Thanks for letting us know! I'll try to focus on shorter, faster books after I finish what I'm reading now, so we get more letters on the boards.

message 37: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments As I've found them all, I'm free to read LOL

message 38: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments You've found all of them?? OMG!! I found only 2. This is really hard.

message 39: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I did. Took me the whole morning, but I did.

message 40: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments That board is stumping me... We need to guess A, I think, so we get more vowels in the mix. I'll try to finish an A book tonight

message 41: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments Yep. I'm going to be terrible at guessing the titles, because they use mostly less known books that I'm not aware of XD So my hope is you and the girls. At least I'll try to help guessing letters *insert blind monkey emoji here*

message 42: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments So, that A didn't help much...

I'll try to finish one more book by tonight.

message 43: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Still trying to read a few books. Still a bit slow for 2 more days then It should pick up the rest of this week. After this next week though I honestly sadly do not know how much reading I will be doing. Still a decent amount but perhaps not what I thought I'd do. My husband was laid off work so I will be asking my work for some extra hours plus taking on some odd projects to make up some of the loss. Leaving less free time. But I will still do my best!

message 44: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Oh no, that's awful!! Hope the whole thing sorts itself out soon!

message 45: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Gosh, this set is stumping me!!

message 46: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments Tati, sory about the letter error the other day. Guess my phone wasn't showing it for some reason. Weird. Anyways I am back wit ah pc to work with so should be better now for me to participate. :)

message 47: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Don't worry about it, Jamie!

I know I keep mixing up the rules for the Spelling Bee and Hangman...

message 48: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11405 comments How is everyone doing on their reading (or in life in general). I am working on Winter right now which is a bit long but just over 1/2 way through. Also another book which I am about 25% through.

I am re-adjusting to CA heat after being in cooler states the couple weeks so my energy level is a bit low. But making decent reading progress.

message 49: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I should have 2 reviews to post tomorrow morning.

I'm really tired, need to take a break from work...

message 50: by Tayane (last edited Aug 11, 2016 05:21PM) (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2886 comments I'm reading Do Not Disturb and trying to finish Grasshopper Jungle. I don't want to dnf if, 'cause I already wasted time on it so it at least needs to give me points hahaha. I'm also trying to read a chapter a day from City of Ashes, since I started it in July and it will only count a few pages to Pages Count.
Anyway, I hope I can finish Do Not Disturb 'til tomorrow and I have a few BR scheduled. I swear I'm trying to read as much as I can.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.