Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Authors > Completed romance/suspense novel in need of beta

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Ellis | 2 comments Hello all,

I've recently completed my romance/suspense, and I'm looking for fresh eyes to help me nudge it towards the finish line. At the moment, I feel it's a little overlong at 108k, so one of the things I'd love to know is which bits are extraneous. But it would also be wonderful to have any and all feedback you might care to offer.

Here's a quick blurb to give you a flavour:

Her father was supposed to pay.
She was supposed to die.
It was supposed to stay buried.

Nine months after Faith Roden was kidnapped, beaten and left for dead, she's physically recovered. But she remembers nothing of her abduction, and is grappling with several other gaps in her life left by trauma-induced amnesia.

Headstrong Faith is determined to move on and ignore all the things she's lost, throwing herself into her career as a journalist and diving into a new romance. Yet, when violent nightmares begin to haunt her and a trickle of memories becomes a flood, she's left with no choice but to confront a past that jeopardises her future.

The book does contain erotic content and some violence, which is not horrendously graphic, but some readers may find it distressing.

I'm not on a tight schedule... or any schedule really... but it would be great if it could be completed within a month. Thanks for reading this and giving the novel your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you if you think it might be something you'd enjoy.

Best wishes,
Samantha

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim | 3 comments Hi Samantha, your book sounds interesting and judging from your synopsis, I like your voice. I'd be interesting in exchanging critiques if you are interested. I have a completed the 1st draft for which I am in the process of making changes to based on one beta reader's suggestions but I really want to get many more opinions on it. As it stands now it is just under 66,000 words. I don't have a synopsis written (I keep trying to write one but not satisfied with what I am coming up with) but the book is about a young couple that travels back into the time of Noah's Ark, right before the flood. It has no sexual content except for a kiss; the violence I would say is mild - not too graphic; and there's a little bit of a religious element in a few parts. I would say it's adventure/suspense - at least that's what I was going for. So if you'd be interested, or have any other questions, let me know.
Kim

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Watt-Michael | 2 comments I would be interested. jcm802@zoominternet.net

message 4: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Ellis | 2 comments Hello, Christine.

Thanks very much. I'll drop you a line.

Best wishes,
Samantha