Beta Reading and Editing discussion

Authors in Need of Beta Readers > Completed romance/suspense novel in need of beta

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Ellis | 2 comments Hello all,

I'm seeking unpaid beta services and a fresh pair of eyes for my recently finished romance/suspense novel. It's slightly on the too long side, I feel, at 108k. And one of the things I'm particularly looking for is help in finding what's extraneous in there.

To give you an idea of whether or not you might want to give it a read, here's the blurb:

Her father was supposed to pay.
She was supposed to die.
It was supposed to stay buried.

Nine months after Faith Roden was kidnapped, beaten and left for dead, she's physically recovered. But she remembers nothing of her abduction, and is grappling with several other gaps in her life left by trauma-induced amnesia.

Headstrong Faith is determined to move on and ignore all the things she's lost, throwing herself into her career as a journalist and diving into a new romance. Yet, when violent nightmares begin to haunt her and a trickle of memories becomes a flood, she's left with no choice but to confront a past that jeopardises her future.

I should also point out two things - it contains erotic content and some violence (although not horrifically graphic), so is intended for an adult audience and may distress some readers.

Thanks so much for your time in reading this. I look forward to hearing from anyone who might be interested.

Best wishes,
Samantha

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Martin | 3 comments Hi Samantha--

I'd be interested in reading this. Message me, and we can work out the details.

Amy

message 3: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Ellis | 2 comments Thanks so much, Amy. I've sent you an email, but let me know if it doesn't reach you.