Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Completed Romance/Suspense Novel

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Ellis | 3 comments Hello all,

I've recently finished my romance/suspense (or perhaps it's suspense/romance), and am at the point where I desperately need fresh eyes to help me improve it ready for publishing.

Here's a blurb to give you a little flavour:

Her father was supposed to pay.
She was supposed to die.
It was supposed to stay buried.

Nine months after Faith Roden was kidnapped, beaten and left for dead, she's physically recovered. But she remembers nothing of her abduction, and is grappling with several other gaps in her life left by trauma-induced amnesia.

Headstrong Faith is determined to move on and ignore all the things she's lost, throwing herself into her career as a journalist and diving into a new romance. Yet, when violent nightmares begin to haunt her and a trickle of memories becomes a flood, she's left with no choice but to confront a past that jeopardises her future.

I think it's a little overlong at 108k, so one of the things I need help with is identifying the places that are dragging or just downright unnecessary. But I'd also be grateful for any other feedback about characters, plot and anything you care to mention.

Two quick warnings: It does contain erotic content, and there's also some violence, which some readers may find upsetting.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
Best wishes,
Samantha

message 2: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 75 comments I really liked the blurb, but I'm at the point where my response time would be about 7 days per a 3 chapter (20k words) feedback. If you get some faster beta readers, go for it. If you don't mind the wait, you can PM anytime.

message 3: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Ellis | 3 comments Hi Zero,

Thanks very much for your interest. I'm not too fussy over how long it takes. The quality of the feedback is really much more important to me than how quickly it's turned around. I'll write you a PM.

Thanks again.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hi Samantha- if you were looking for more than one Beta Reader I'd also be interested. I read/write in similar genres and would be happy to give it a look. The length doesn't scare me- but I should be able to help you trim it down if that's what you want.

message 5: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Ellis | 3 comments That would be wonderful, Sarah. Thank you very much. I'll send you a quick PM with a bit more about the book and my details.

Thanks again.