Grab a Book & Play Booktivity! discussion

Fun With Challenges > August 2016 Scavenger Hunt

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Jul 28, 2016 05:01AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2821 comments Mod

Your challenge is to find the following words/phrases in the TEXT of the books you are reading this month.

You are NOT restricted to one book / one word; you may find as many of the words/phrases in a single book as you like. If you find all the words in one book you are really lucky!

This month's scavenger list are words that were found in
The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson.
NOTE - you may not use this book for the scavenger hunt!

BASIC Scavenger List
abundant
acreage
éclair
elegance
fields
Latin
maritime
messenger
motorcycle
newspaper
promenade
several
splendor
triumph
weakness

BONUS
condescension
galvanizing
goggles
larder
peremptory

Unless a variation is specified above, words must match exactly - although I will accept a plural/singular version. But that is the ONLY deviation allowed. So if you are looking for "daddy" - I will NOT allow "father", "Pops" or "dad".

You MUST finish the book before you can claim credit for finding the word/phrase.

Report as follows:
Word - Title of book - date finished - page # where you found the text - QUOTE
E.g.
1. Chandelier – A Prayer for Owen Meany ✔ – 10Jan16 – pg 297 – “…looking at the chandelier, …”

Have fun!

message 3: by Carol (last edited Aug 24, 2016 04:52AM) (new)

Carol | 2529 comments August Scavenger Hunt
17/20

✔ abundant: In the Clearing by Robert Dungoni - 8/23/16 - page 72 - "...refereed to as Pill Hill because of the abundant bunber of hospitals and doctors' offices."

✔ acreage: In the Clearing by Robert Dugoni - 8/23/16 - page 47 - "...a sprawling complex of buildings and acres that reminded her of college."

éclair:

✔ elegance: Mariana by Susanna Kearsley - 8/11/16 - page 35 - "....two tall windows overlooked the back yard, adding to the impression of stately elegance"

✔ fields: : The Fall- by John Lescroart- 8/10/16 - page 117 - "...along the tracks by the bay and out to Crissy field."

✔ Latin: The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer - 8/13/16 - page 122 - "The three called it fatum, Latin for fate."

✔ maritime: -Caught in the Light by Robert Goddard - 8/23/16 - page 199 -"...I had a meeting at the Maritime Museum..."

✔ messenger: Deep Dark by Laura Griffin - 8/16/16 - page 18 "She stood up and threw her messenger bag over her shoulder..."

✔ motorcycle: The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer - 8/13/16 - page 7 - "....two police motorcycles with their sirens blaring..."

✔ newspaper: The Fall by John Lescroart - 8/10/16 - page 302 - "To buy herself some time, Rebecca put the newspaper down on the table."

✔ promenade: Mariana by Susanna Kearsley - 8/11/16 - page 207 "And see that you promenade yourself well."

✔ several: Everything She Forgot by Lisa Ballantyne - 8/5/16 - page 30 - "There were several reports, even in the national papers..."

✔ splendor: Caught in the Light by Robert Goddard - 8/23/16 - page 95 - "...who had lived in some splendor at a country mansion..."

✔ triumph: Mariana by Susanna Kearsley - 8/11/16 - page 31 "I crossed the yard and stood on the spot in "u>triumph

✔ weakness The Fall by John Lescroart - 8/16/16- page 413 - ...he had a weakness, for soft centered chocolates..."

BONUS
condescension;

galvanizing;

✔ goggles; In the Clearing by Robert Dugoni - 8/23/16 - page 261 - "...her eyes distorted behind swim goggles..."

✔ larder: Mariana by Susanna Kearsley - 8/11/16 - page 130 "...the larder and the the scullery build around an unusual indoor well."

✔ peremptory: Smooth Operator by Stuart Woods - 8/15/16 - page 13 -"...even if she hadn't summoned him peremptorily at the last minute."

message 4: by Tanya D (new)

Tanya D (tdrosebud) | 12 comments BASIC Scavenger List
abundant
acreage
éclair
elegance
fields
Latin
maritime
messenger
motorcycle
newspaper
promenade
several
splendor
triumph
weakness

BONUS
condescension
galvanizing
goggles
larder
peremptory

message 5: by Koren (last edited Aug 28, 2016 10:10AM) (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 528 comments BASIC Scavenger List
10/20
abundant-Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard P. 18 finished 8/4/16 Cattle flourished on my grandparent's farm, grazing the abundant pasture that volunteered from the rich valley soil.
acreage-Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard finished 8/4/16 p. 84 Fruit trees were perhaps a more sensible use of large acreages...
éclair
elegance
fields- Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard P. xvu finished 8/4/16 The fields of swaying grass now look like they have been there all along.
Latin- Freak Like Me by Jim Rose p. 124 finished 8/28 But for me the Lollapalooza was Latin for heaven.
maritime
messenger
motorcycle- Anatomy of Motive by John Douglas p. 106 finished 8/28. The movie concerns San Francisco PD detective Harry Callahan rooting out a rogue element of motorcycle cops...
promenade
several-Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard P. 40 finished 8/4/16 My father, never much of a nurse to my sister and me when we were sick, appeared several shades paler than normal.
splendor-Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard P. 17 finished 8/4/16 Tucked into the northern-most section, here the valley was truly in full splendor.
triumph- Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard P. 8 finished 8/4/16 If I could only cultivate some small success, a minor triumph or two...
weakness- Law and Disorder by John Douglas p. 112 finished 8/25 This is a story that will illuminate many key issues: the strength and weaknesses of the death penalty...

BONUS
condescension
galvanizing
goggles
larder
peremptory

Gaining Ground A Story of Farmers' Markets, Local Food, and Saving the Family Farm by Forrest Pritchard

message 6: by Book Concierge (last edited Jan 19, 2017 01:42PM) (new)

August Scavenger Hunt
Begins: 01Aug16 / Ends: 31Aug16

11 books read
15 / 15 main words found
5 / 5 bonus words found

Main Scavenger List
abundant - Chasing Cezanne ✔ – 17Aug16 - pg 139 - "…the abundant hot water …"
acreage - The Girls of Atomic City ✔ – 29Sept16 - pg 23 - “...acreage, homes, and outbuildings ...”
éclair - Deadly Cliché✔ – 21Aug16 - pg 149 - "…selection of eclairs, Napoleons,…"
elegance - Diva Takes the Cake ✔ – 04Aug16 - pg 36 - "…distinctly European elegance."
fields - Murder in Belleville ✔ – 09Aug16 - pg 277 - "…roads or irrigated fields.
Latin - Chasing Cezanne ✔ – 17Aug16 - pg 121 - "…indecipherable Latin motto."
maritime - The Geography of Genius ✔ - 14Sept16 - pg 119 - "…and maritime insurance."
messenger - Murder in Belleville ✔ – 09Aug16 - pg 167 - "I'm just the messenger."
motorcycle - Not My Father's Son ✔ – 04Aug16 - pg 129 - "…on his motorcycle, and …"
newspaper - Diva Takes the Cake ✔ – 04Aug16 - pg 107 - "Bernie shoved the newspaper in …"
promenade - A Fatal Grace ✔ - 12Aug16 - pg 281 - "...time for his promenade."
several - Diva Takes the Cake ✔ – 04Aug16 - pg 16 - "…like several houses on our .."
splendor - Chasing Cezanne ✔ – 17Aug16 - pg 21 - "…surround by the splendors of …"
triumph - A Fatal Grace ✔ - 12Aug16 - pg 178 - "She hoped triumph wasn't …"
weakness - A Fatal Grace ✔ - 12Aug16 - pg 69 - "And weakness led to mistakes."

BONUS words
condescension - La's Orchestra Saves the World ✔ - 16Aug16 - pg 71 - "…well-meaning condescension …"
galvanizing - When Books Went to War ✔ – 03Jan17 - pg 149 - "…by galvanizing the media …"
goggles - The Double Bind ✔ - 06Aug16 - pg 53 - "…wear these goggles that …"
larder - Dracula ✔ – 20Oct16 - pg 289 - "…chicken-feed of the larder…"
peremptory - Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil ✔ - 18Jan17 - pg 143 - "…and peremptory, that …"

message 7: by Book Concierge (new)

Carol, Tanya D and Koren - you are all linked! Enjoy the hunt ...

message 8: by Olivermagnus (last edited Aug 31, 2016 09:26AM) (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) August Scavenger

of 20 Completed

Basic Words

✔ abundant - Caught In The Light by Robert Goddard - 4.5 Stars - 8/23/16 - page 98 - "whhen the supply of light becomes abundant, can I hope to achieve any practical results".
✔ acreage - You Are Dead by Peter James - 5 Stars - 8/10/16 - page 92 - "substantial acreage of arable or dairy or sheep farming land"
✔ éclair - The Light of the World by Elizabeth Alexander - 4.5 Stars - 8/29/16 - page 87 - "eight thin chicken cutlets and four miniature chocolate eclairs".
✔ elegance - The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor - 3.5 Stars - 8/9/16 - location 842 - "amid all the luxury and elegance"
✔ fields - Want You Dead by Peter James - 4.5 Stars - 8/7/16 - page 195 - "the Strawberry Fields bed and breakfast"
✔ Latin - The Black Widow by Daniel Silva - 5 Stars - 8/11/16 - page 73 - "entered the Latin Quarter"
✔ maritime - Want You Dead by Peter James - 4.5 Stars - 8/7/16 - page 191 - "the UK border agency maritime division was very helpful"
✔ messenger - The Black Widow by Daniel Silva - 5 Stars - 8/11/16 - page x - "#"
✔ motorcycle - Want You Dead by Peter James - 4.5 Stars - 8/7/16 - page 321 - "she heard the roar of a motorcycle"
✔ newspaper - The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor - 3.5 Stars - 8/9/16 - location 664 - "Peggy showed me in the newspaper"
✔ promenade - The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor - 3.5 Stars - 8/9/16 - location 1491 - "glimpse of the first class ladies as they promenade"
✔ several - The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor - 3.5 Stars - 8/9/16 - location 281 - "after several wrong turns"
✔ splendor - The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor - 3.5 Stars - 8/9/16 - location 4291 - "the splendor of that magnificent ship"
✔ triumph - Want You Dead by Peter James - 4.5 Stars - 8/7/16 - page 50 - "But his triumph was short lived"
✔ weakness - The Black Widow by Daniel Silva - 5 Stars - 8/11/16 - page 29 - "he shed the baggage and the weakness of his past"

Bonus Words

✔ condescension - The Aftermath by Rhidian Brook - 3.5 Stars - 8/5/16 - page 58 - "she could hear his mocking condescension"
✔ galvanizing - The White Road by John Connolly - 4.5 Stars - 8/18/16 - page 234 - "succeeded in galvanizing into action"
✔ goggles - You Are Dead by Peter James - 5 Stars - 8/10/16 - page 51 - "through his night vision goggles"
✔ larder - The Aftermath by Rhidian Brook - 3.5 Stars - 8/5/16 - page 91 - "she went to the larder and got three sugar lumps"
✔ peremptory - The Aftermath by Rhidian Brook - 3.5 Stars - 8/5/16 - page 61 - "Lubert nodded at her peremptory abbreviation"

message 9: by Patty (new)

Patty | 184 comments Is any one else having troubles with Amazon.com look inside feature? It keeps coming up none of the words found. I even typed all these words under the book these words were found and it comes up not found.

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Patty wrote: "Is any one else having troubles with Amazon.com look inside feature? It keeps coming up none of the words found. I even typed all these words under the book these words were found and it comes up n..."

What browser are you using? I've had this issue with I.E. several times. Usually if I switch to Firefox or Chrome it comes up.

message 11: by Book Concierge (new)

Welcome to the hunt, Olivermagnus and Marilyn. I have you linked.

message 12: by Patty (new)

Patty | 184 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Patty wrote: "Is any one else having troubles with Amazon.com look inside feature? It keeps coming up none of the words found. I even typed all these words under the book these words were found and..."

I am using Google but I will check on Firefox. Thanks!

message 13: by JennH (last edited Aug 30, 2016 11:37PM) (new)

JennH | 218 comments BASIC Scavenger List

17/20

✔abundant - Eligible - 8/11/16 - p165 - "...such an abundance of white, female, middle-aged real estate agents..."
✔acreage - Golden Malicious - 8/13/16 - p38 - "They had covered most of the acreage..."
✔éclair - The Diva Steals a Chocolate Kiss - 8/20/16 - p41 - "...offered me a miniature eclair..."
✔elegance - Devonshire Scream - 8/1/16 - p78 - "...old-world elegance and luxury..."
✔fields - Just What Kind of Mother Are You? - 8/6/16 - p81 - "...covering the fields..."

✔Latin - Devonshire Scream - 8/1/16 - p135 - "...to the Latin quarter of Paris..."
✔maritime - Devonshire Scream - 8/1/16 - p225 - "...noted in any maritime log."
✔messenger - Devonshire Scream - 8/1/16 - p200 - "...into her leather messenger bag...."
✔motorcycle - Devonshire Scream - 8/1/16 - p8 - "...like a scream of a motorcycle..."
✔newspaper - Devonshire Scream - 8/1/16 - p36 - "I read about it in the newspaper this morning."

✔promenade - Eligible - 8/11/16 - p465 - "...made their victorious promenade..."
✔several - Devonshire Scream - 8/1/16 - p8 - "...several blocks away..."
✔splendor - Eligible - 8/11/16 - p330 - "...that arose from the splendor of the setting..."
✔triumph - Eligible - 8/11/16 - p387 - "...in defeat or triumph?"
✔weakness - Devonshire Scream - 8/1/16 - p212 - "....a nation's strength and weakness lies..."

BONUS
✔condescension - Eligible - 8/11/16 - p72 - ''...the gesture contained condescension..."
galvanizing
✔goggles - Just What Kind of Mother Are You? - 8/6/16 - p121 - "...bug-eyed in their goggles...
larder
peremptory

message 14: by Book Concierge (new)

I've got you linked, Jenn ... Enjoy the hunt!

message 15: by Patty (last edited Aug 30, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Patty | 184 comments BASIC Scavenger List

abundant-Grand Central-8/3/16-page 187-"sun set over the abundant vegetation"

acreage-My Cousin Rachel-8/17/16-page 190-"Mrs. Ashley could sell what acreage she pleased"

éclair-Silent Honor-8/21/16-page 328-"and a chocolate eclair"

elegance-Grand Central-8/3/16-page 4-"His elegance came instead"

fields-Grand Central-8/3/16-page 108-"in the harvest fields they passed."

Latin-Me Before You-8/7/16-page 106-"I didn't even do Latin at school"

maritime-Inferno-8/14/16-page 399-"the Maritime Customs Office"

messenger-My Cousin Rachel-8/17/16-page 209-"by special messenger"

motorcycle-Inferno-8/14/16-page 17-"unstraddled her BMW motorcycle"

newspaper-Grand Central-8/3/16-page 12-"and the newspaper stand"

promenade-Inferno-8/14/16-page 402-"The wide stone promenade"

several-Grand Central-8/3/16-page 46-"several lengths of polished stone beads"

splendor-Inferno-8/14/16-page 9-"Do you not grasp the splendor of my creation?

triumph-Me Before You-8/7/16-page 4-"sneaking sense of triumph."

weakness-Inferno-8/14/16-page 385-"to transcend the weakness"

BONUS

condescension-Grand Central-8/3/16-page 294-"The note of condescension in his voice"

galvanizing

goggles-Me Before You-8/7/16-page 36-"view of him in his ski goggles."

larderMy Cousin Rachel-8/17/16-page 158-"she visited the larders"

peremptory-The Portrait of a Lady-8/29/16-page 16-"as the mother of two peremptory little boys"

message 16: by Book Concierge (new)

Patty - I just had the issue with amazon's "look inside" feature when using Firefox. I wonder if Amazon's search engine is the problem.

message 17: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 368 comments It's still working for me using Firefox, but when I listen to a book and then look at the preview, even though I find words, I can't figure out which pages they're on. Any suggestions other than getting the book in print?

Are you for sure selecting "highlight" the words? I had that issue!

message 18: by Patty (new)

Patty | 184 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Patty - I just had the issue with amazon's "look inside" feature when using Firefox. I wonder if Amazon's search engine is the problem."

I have tried Google, Firefox and Internet Explorer and none of them are working. I think it is an Amazon problem.

message 19: by Book Concierge (new)

Marilyn wrote: "It's still working for me using Firefox, but when I listen to a book and then look at the preview, even though I find words, I can't figure out which pages they're on. Any suggestions other than ge..."

I also get the text version from my library when I get an audio. That way I can find the words on the pages (usually).

message 20: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 368 comments Thanks, Tessa. I usually get audio when there's too long a waiting list for the print version--oh well!

message 21: by Licha-Olivia (last edited Aug 31, 2016 09:28PM) (new)

Licha-Olivia | 278 comments August 2016 Scavenger Hunt
(1) Rare Find by Dale Mayer (8/14/16)4****
(2) Eyes to the Soul by Dale Mayer (8/19/16)4****
(3) The Fault in our Stars by John Green (8/24/16)4****
(4) Now You See Her... By Dale Mayer (8/26/16)4****
(5) A Buccaneer at Heart by Stephanie Laurens (8/31/16)3***

BASIC Scavenger List
(2) abundant: Kindle location 4133-...abundant energy as she could.
(1) acreage: Kindle location 12930-...He knew this acreage well...
éclair
(3) elegance: page 223-...its elegance being observed.
(2) fields: Kindle location 466-...in the energy fields.
Latin
maritime
(5)messenger: page 203-... a messenger of some sort.
motorcycle
(4) newspaper: Kindle location 94: ... On the newspaper...
promenade
(2) several: Kindle location 140: ...several of those same ones...
splendor
(5) triumph: page 214-Buoyed by mild triumph -...
(2) weakness: Kindle location 387: ...the weakness spreading...

BONUS
(2) condescension: Kindle location 4190: ...was no condescension...
galvanizing
goggles
larder
peremptory

message 22: by Book Concierge (new)

Glad you are joining our scavenger hunt, Licha - I've got you linked.

message 23: by Marilyn (last edited Aug 28, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Marilyn Lott | 368 comments BASIC Scavenger List

10/15

abundant--The Wives of Los Alamos--8/28/16--loc 1111--"Heavy snow of winter gave way to abundant wildflowers."
acreage
éclair
elegance--The Wives of Los Alamos--8/28/16--loc 1270--"...we were charmed by her elegance..."
fields--On the Move--8/17/16--loc 657--"There are also tremendous fields of uranium..."
Latin--Five Quarters of the Orange--8/24/16--loc 1006--"We had a Latin teacher there,..."
maritime
messenger--On the Move--8/17/16--loc 355--"...saw me now as a messenger or symbol of Death."
motorcycle--On the Move--8/17/16--loc 119--"I met up with a motorcycle group..."
newspaper--On the Move--8/17/16--loc 834--"He started reading a communist newspaper, ..."
promenade
several--On the Move--8/17/16--loc 175--"...and did not speak to me for several days."
splendor
triumph--On the Move--8/17/16--loc 91--"...a dozen more marques--AJS, Triumph, BSA, ..."
weakness--On the Move--8/17/16--loc 237--"...--essays presenting individuals with unusual weaknesses..."

BONUS

1/5

condescension
galvanizing
goggles
larder--On the Move--8/17/16--loc 786--"...your ravenous attacks on the 'fridge' and larder, ..."
peremptory

message 24: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 368 comments Tessa, I found the words "galvanized" and "goggled" but assume they are variations not allowed since the only variation allowed is the plural of the word. Is that correct?

message 25: by Book Concierge (new)

Marilyn wrote: "Tessa, I found the words "galvanized" and "goggled" but assume they are variations not allowed since the only variation allowed is the plural of the word. Is that correct?"

That is correct .... I also found "galvanized" ... S I G H....

message 26: by Book Concierge (new)

Boy ... this list has been harder than I expected!

message 27: by Patty (new)

Patty | 184 comments Marilyn wrote: "Tessa, I found the words "galvanized" and "goggled" but assume they are variations not allowed since the only variation allowed is the plural of the word. Is that correct?"

I can not find galvanizing also. It is my last one and I don't think I will finish this challenge because of it.

message 28: by Book Concierge (new)

Patty wrote: "I can not find galvanizing also. It is my last one and I don't think I will ..."

Patty ;.. it's part of the "BONUS" so no worries. Those five words are totally optional (though, like you, I really try to find them all).

message 29: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) Olivermagnus wrote: "August Scavenger

20 of 20 Completed

Basic Words

✔ abundant - Caught In The Light by Robert Goddard - 4.5 Stars - 8/23/16 - page 98 - "whhen the supply of light bec..."

Sliding in just in time. Huzzah!

message 30: by Carol (new)

Carol | 2529 comments Good job Lynda & Woof! Woof!, Oliver

message 31: by Book Concierge (new)

Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, Oliver!

message 32: by Connie (new)

Connie D | 265 comments Patty wrote: "Book Concierge wrote: "Patty wrote: "Is any one else having troubles with Amazon.com look inside feature? It keeps coming up none of the words found. I even typed all these words under the book the..."

I had a bunch of books this month that wouldn't let me look inside; it seems to vary by the book, since at the same time (same web browser) I was able to access other books.

I had so many books I couldn't look inside this month that I've given up. I chose the wrong books for this challenge. Maybe next month.

message 33: by Connie (new)

Connie D | 265 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Marilyn wrote: "Tessa, I found the words "galvanized" and "goggled" but assume they are variations not allowed since the only variation allowed is the plural of the word. Is that correct?"

That is..."

I think past tense should count!!!

message 34: by Connie (last edited Sep 17, 2016 10:14AM) (new)

Connie D | 265 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, Oliver!"

You are amazing, OM and Patty!

Marilyn, you're doing great too! These are really hard words to find.

message 35: by Book Concierge (new)

Connie wrote: " These are really hard words to find."

Yes, they are! I don't worry too much about the BONUS words, but I'm still looking for "acreage" ... never thought that one would be so hard to find!

message 36: by Book Concierge (new)

Still missing some "BONUS" words, but found all the basics

challenge completed - 29Sept16

August Scavenger Hunt
Begins: 01Aug16 / Ends: 31Aug16

10 books read
15 / 15 main words found
2 / 5 bonus words found

Main Scavenger List
abundant - Chasing Cezanne ✔ – 17Aug16 - pg 139 - "…the abundant hot water …"
acreage - The Girls of Atomic City ✔ – 29Sept16 - pg 23 - “...acreage, homes, and outbuildings ...”
éclair - Deadly Cliché✔ – 21Aug16 - pg 149 - "…selection of eclairs, Napoleons,…"
elegance - Diva Takes the Cake ✔ – 04Aug16 - pg 36 - "…distinctly European elegance."
fields - Murder in Belleville ✔ – 09Aug16 - pg 277 - "…roads or irrigated fields.
Latin - Chasing Cezanne ✔ – 17Aug16 - pg 121 - "…indecipherable Latin motto."
maritime - The Geography of Genius ✔ - 14Sept16 - pg 119 - "…and maritime insurance."
messenger - Murder in Belleville ✔ – 09Aug16 - pg 167 - "I'm just the messenger."
motorcycle - Not My Father's Son ✔ – 04Aug16 - pg 129 - "…on his motorcycle, and …"
newspaper - Diva Takes the Cake ✔ – 04Aug16 - pg 107 - "Bernie shoved the newspaper in …"
promenade - A Fatal Grace ✔ - 12Aug16 - pg 281 - "...time for his promenade."
several - Diva Takes the Cake ✔ – 04Aug16 - pg 16 - "…like several houses on our .."
splendor - Chasing Cezanne ✔ – 17Aug16 - pg 21 - "…surround by the splendors of …"
triumph - A Fatal Grace ✔ - 12Aug16 - pg 178 - "She hoped triumph wasn't …"
weakness - A Fatal Grace ✔ - 12Aug16 - pg 69 - "And weakness led to mistakes."

BONUS words
condescension - La's Orchestra Saves the World ✔ - 16Aug16 - pg 71 - "…well-meaning condescension …"
galvanizing
goggles - The Double Bind ✔ - 06Aug16 - pg 53 - "…wear these goggles that …"
larder
peremptory

message 37: by Connie (new)

Connie D | 265 comments Way to persevere, Book Cin.

message 38: by Book Concierge (new)

OMG I found "Galvanizing!"

message 39: by Connie (new)

Connie D | 265 comments Book Concierge wrote: "OMG I found "Galvanizing!""

Yay!!!!