Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Percepliquis (The Riyria Revelations, #6)
This topic is about Percepliquis

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Buddy read for book 6 of the Riyria Revelations

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Just started a couple of pages in. as always reat beginning gripping from the first sentence:) This one might take a bit longer considering its twice as long as all the other ones

message 3: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Renamed the discussion to match the rest of the discussions with the title of the book. :)

I also just started, but I'm not far enough in to comment.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments That's fine:) well the first chapter is pretty grim

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Up to half of xhapter 4.Degan Gaunt is the type of person I'd really like to kick in the face. Complete ass hole. I really liked the conversation Hadrian had with Royce in the tower. It really shows how much they both love each other. (view spoiler)

message 6: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jarek wrote: "Up to half of xhapter 4.Degan Gaunt is the type of person I'd really like to kick in the face. Complete ass hole. I really liked the conversation Hadrian had with Royce in the tower. It really show..."

I'm loving seeing more of Myron as well and Degan Gaunt is the biggest asshole in this whole series, in my opinion. He's worse than pampered Alric was, he's worse than Saldur and he's worse than Luis Guy. Mostly because we see more of him and we know (view spoiler). (spoiler for previous books)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Saldur and guy at least were somebody. They were strong and believed I something however bad it might have been. Gaunt is just a sorry pissant excuse for a human being...

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Ian up to middle of chapter 10. Does anyone have any idea who are the people from aristas dreams? Either we aren't supposed to know or I missed something:)

message 9: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jarek wrote: "Ian up to middle of chapter 10. Does anyone have any idea who are the people from aristas dreams? Either we aren't supposed to know or I missed something:)"

I also don't know..

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Half way through chapter 18. I realy cant Begin to describe how freakin awesome and epic this last book is:) (view spoiler)

message 11: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (last edited Aug 01, 2016 12:39AM) (new)

Jarek wrote: "Half way through chapter 18. I realy cant Begin to describe how freakin awesome and epic this last book is:) [spoilers removed]"

Chapter 18: (view spoiler)

So I did it again - I just couldn't stop reading! Finished the book :)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Holy shit I love this book! Finished chapter 21 (view spoiler)

message 13: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jarek wrote: "Holy shit I love this book! Finished chapter 21 [spoilers removed]"

The all-powerful, extremely detailed...(drum roll)...thingy thing! I love that the characters don't always know what to call something or how to say something in beautiful poetry or vocabulary-rich prose. It makes it much more realistic.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments I laughed so hard when he said " thingy thing" I almost cried. I sometimes use that " Thingy" when I forget something:D

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments This was such an amazing read. I cant really Begin to describe it. So much going on so many memorable moments. A great wrap up for the series. (view spoiler)

message 16: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments I'm gonna put this book on hiatus right now. I had a crazy busy couple of weeks where I just didn't read a thing, and now that things have calmed down I find myself with no major urge to pick it up right now. I was sort of on a roll with the series, but after having that interrupted I felt the burnout of reading the previous five books in a row.

I'll definitely get back to this, but it'll be shelved for the next month or two. I want to enjoy the finalé, but feel like I'm forcing myself to try and read it now.

message 17: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Sean wrote: "I'm gonna put this book on hiatus right now. I had a crazy busy couple of weeks where I just didn't read a thing, and now that things have calmed down I find myself with no major urge to pick it up..."

Too bad you didn't have a chance to appreciate it, but life does get in the way sometimes. I'll look forward to see what you say when you do get back to it.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Please read it as soon as possible:) this is the best in the series

message 19: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Yeah, I'm not doubting that it's a good read. I just think I'll enjoy it a bit better after stepping away for a bit.