The Potterheads ⚯͛ discussion

Debates > Should all house elfs be free?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you think all house elfs should be free or should they stay in the hogwarts kitchens?

message 2: by Minnu (new)

Minnu | 30 comments Free, of course. Can a house elf use a wand? Then I recommend magical education for them too.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree but I think that if a house elf wanted to have a job then they could get paid for doing it (like Dobby after CoS).

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

As for the wand, I'm not sure they need one when they can do magic without.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Just imagine how powerful they would be with a wand( must likely unstoppable)!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Dobby would be so cool with a wand.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Would anyone want a house-elf to work for them?
I would pay one to work for me, but I would be very kind to them and give them days off and I would probably end up being really good friends with them :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

If I didn't do what you would, I probably would just skip getting a house elf in the first place. But I would love to know one like Dobby!

message 9: by Fangirl13 (new)

Fangirl13 | 6 comments I think they should have a choice, like how rich people have servants who choose to work for them, or cruise ships have employees as well as hotels. They would get paid.

message 10: by Srijita (last edited Aug 16, 2016 05:29AM) (new)

Srijita | 110 comments But guys do you think a house-elf would agree to all these?
If they would then it would be wonderful to have them free and live on their own will!!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that at first some of them wouldn't like it, but it would eventually become normal!

message 12: by Srijita (new)

Srijita | 110 comments Maybe hermione will work on it now that she is a minister!

message 13: by FA (new)

FA (books_nd_coffee) | 24 comments I think being a "servant" is in their nature so it could be something like Dobby. They work for us but they get money and wear clothes if they want to and maybe even buy their own house so they can go there after their work is done in our homes. No one would force them to punish themseves when they do something wrong-instead people could maybe pay less?- and there will be some house elves who would not be happy about getting payed so maybe we just would not make them iron their hands or something? I guess you guys got the idea.