BOOKS, BOOks, Books... discussion

Books, only books.. > Who is your favorite.... Paranormal author?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Myers | 44 comments Mod
Ilona andrews. Thought she is technically a team and more Urban fantasy but they like to mix those groups up anyways.

Nalin singh

Thea harrison

Christine feehan

message 2: by Jacquie (new)

Jacquie | 4 comments J.R. Ward

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Fancher (goodreadscomjuliefancher) | 9 comments Mod
JR Ward, Christine Feehan

message 4: by Colleen (new)

Jacquie wrote: "J.R. Ward"

Oh love her. Her black dagger brotherhood

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Julie wrote: "JR Ward, Christine Feehan"

Christine Feehan was one of my first and favorite Authors with her Carpathian series. It is still a classic. What about the Dark Hunters too? I forget who writes those.

message 6: by Julie (new)

Sherrilyn Kenyon wrote the dark hunter series, i also love them!!

message 7: by Colleen (new)

There is a new one out right? I love seanan McGuire new series on zoology. Hmm let me get the name

message 8: by Julie (new)

Dragonmark! I have it, but havent read it yet!

message 9: by Colleen (new)

YES, I still have to read that

message 10: by Alina (new)

Alina Field | 2 comments I like Susan Squires

message 11: by Colleen (new)

OH. what has she written? A link.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (msjonesreviews) | 1 comments I love J.R. Ward. Her Black Dagger Brotherhood series rocks. Lately I've come to love Yasmine Galenorn (Otherworld series) and Lara Adrian's Breed series.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (httpgoodreadscomrealityshowgirl) | 1 comments Christine Feehan
Stephanie Myers
Charlaine Harris

message 14: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Psomas | 1 comments JR Ward
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Karen Marie Moning
Gena Showalter
Larissa Ione
Kresley Cole
Jeanine Frost
Lara Adrian

message 15: by A. (new)

A. White | 5 comments Other than myself. LOL! I have to say Gemma Files.

message 16: by Alina (new)

Alina Field | 2 comments Colleen wrote: "OH. what has she written? A link."

Susan Squires has her Magic series out about an extended family where everyone has a different power. Here's the link to her website: http://www.susansquires.com/

message 17: by Colleen (new)

Has anyone read the Sazi Series as well. I love that one.

message 18: by Lori (new)

Lori Bailey (loriannbailey) | 1 comments Love Karen Marie Moning & Sherrilyn Kenyon!!!

message 19: by Colleen (new)

Those are some of the greats.

message 20: by A. (new)

A. White | 5 comments Gemma Files wrote the Hexaslinger series. But perhaps my favorites of all times are Mary Shelley and Edgar Allan Poe. I like Charlaine Harris and Jr Ward but I prefer the classics. I will look into some of the names listed here for many I've never heard of.

message 21: by Amoreena (new)

Amoreena I love Sarah Maas for her A Court of Thorns and Roses series, but I don't know, is she a PNR author? Her books aren't YA in this series, so I guess? I also like Marie Johnston. She is an independently published author and I've read all of her books. I like Karen M. Moning as well. In the past, I read a lot of Charlaine Harris and Laurell K. Hamilton. I think it's all about whatever I'm reading and into at the moment!

message 22: by Colleen (new)

Amoreena wrote: "I love Sarah Maas for her A Court of Thorns and Roses series, but I don't know, is she a PNR author? Her books aren't YA in this series, so I guess? I also like Marie Johnston. She is an independen..."

L K Hamilton was my absolute fav until it really started becoming more erotic than about the story. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I loved the world and now it is not really about that I feel.

What about Dannika Dark. Love her. Just got her new novella.

message 23: by Amoreena (new)

Amoreena Yes, I read DD's 7 series, Marie's work reminds me of her's in a way. Completely agree about Laurell K Hamilton, I read the Meredith Gentry series for a while, but haven't read the last ones. I read a couple of books from her vampire and other series too, but it's been so long.

message 24: by Riet (new)

Riet De Bruin-Strijker | 5 comments I like to read Hazel Hunter. I loved her second sight series, but she wrote a lot more.

message 25: by Colleen (new)

Hm. what are so of the book names?

message 26: by Colleen (new)

Amoreena wrote: "Yes, I read DD's 7 series, Marie's work reminds me of her's in a way. Completely agree about Laurell K Hamilton, I read the Meredith Gentry series for a while, but haven't read the last ones. I rea..." Lk Hamilton was one of my favorites until it became less about the story and more about the sex. Although I like erotic romance it isn my favorite and I hated how they took a series I loved and made it less. i guess.

message 27: by Riet (new)

Riet De Bruin-Strijker | 5 comments About Hazel Hunter:
Touched is book 1 of second sight
Dominic is book 1 of her warlock protector

message 28: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Tharp (bdtharp) | 5 comments I think Sara Addison Allen is my fave, then Alice Hoffman.