#AYEARATHON discussion

Yes Please
This topic is about Yes Please
August2016-Non-Fiction/Biography > Yes Please - Amy Poehler (Non-Spoiler)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (last edited Jul 27, 2016 06:02PM) (new) - added it

ke-sha (angel707) | 1329 comments Mod
This is the NON-SPOILER thread for Talking about "Yes Please" PLEASE NO SPOILERS there's a specific thread link down below for that:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by ke-sha (new) - added it

I decided to start this already. Especially since I'm listening to the audiobook and I'll probably just be listening to a chapter or two before bed. Maybe more if i feel like it.

So are you listening to the audiobook or reading the physical copy?

Liene (rasaslase) I haven't started it yet, but I have a physical copy so I most likely will read that.

message 4: by Ana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ana (404-equivalent) | 56 comments I've read it quite a long time ago. I've, too, listened to it on audio. It's a good one to listen to. On the other hand in physical copy you have some pictures and quotes etc.

I wasn't blown away by it if I'm honest. It was just okay. It was interesting to hear about how she started and other things but that's that. It didn't leave a great impression. Maybe also because I didn't know her before and wasn't a fan of her show.

message 5: by Shelleen (new) - added it

Shelleen Toland I will be reading the physical book.

message 6: by ke-sha (new) - added it

Sarah wrote: "I just randomly happened to pick up this book at the library the other day, will try get to this next week."

Lol it was Fate!!!

message 7: by ke-sha (new) - added it

Ana wrote: "I've read it quite a long time ago. I've, too, listened to it on audio. It's a good one to listen to. On the other hand in physical copy you have some pictures and quotes etc.

I wasn't blown away ..."

Yeah I'm on Chapter 10 of the audiobook and its just okay to me. If anything I was thinking "theres like 25 more chapters to go blah".
I got this book for free otherwise this would have been a wasted credit.

message 8: by Hana'a (new) - added it

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 126 comments I have the physical copy but I feel like I have watched Inside Out and seen so many of her Old Navy commercials that when I read it, I can essentially imagine her voice in my head reading it, which I wish I had the money to buy the audiobook too because she has such a lovely soothing voice to me

message 9: by Hana'a (new) - added it

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 126 comments Ana wrote: "I've read it quite a long time ago. I've, too, listened to it on audio. It's a good one to listen to. On the other hand in physical copy you have some pictures and quotes etc.

I wasn't blown away ..."

I like her writing style, I feel like she is a comedian but she isn't trying to be funny, she is just being awkwardly honest and also honest in a sense you would see from someone tired and just over it?If that makes sense? Anyway, to me it isn't what she is writing that I enjoy but the way she wrote it like if she was in the speech class I took freshman year of college and was telling her stories one by one there.