Forever Young Adult Book Club - Columbus, Ohio discussion

Monthly Meetings > September 2016

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 86 comments Mod
Hiya folks,

I'm reviving the GoodReads group so that newbies can find us. We will next get together in the second half of September to discuss a number of the recent FYA picks. We usually meet somewhere in the Clintonville area on a weeknight, and closer to September I'll post the date/time/location.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1) by Julie Murphy
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Every Breath (Every, #1) by Ellie Marney

We'll be discussing any and all of the above!

message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 86 comments Mod
Rachel has alerted me to two author visits at Cover to Cover bookstore, so we will hold our meetings on those nights!

On September 28, Rae Carson will be discussing her new book Like a River Glorious.

On October 6, there will be a panel with Mindy McGinnis, Kendare Blake, and Lauren Oliver.

After each event, we can reconvene for coffee nearby and discuss the FYA selections. If we don't get through all the ones listed above in September, we can roll some of them over to October and add on the October selection Illuminae.

Cover to Cover is at 3560 N High St, Columbus, OH 43214, which is in Clintonville. As far as I can tell, the times for the events are TBA.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori (loriwritingmyownfairytale) | 26 comments Mod
Are either of you guys going to the Rae Carson one? The email said 5pm. I'm still hoping I can make it.

message 4: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 86 comments Mod
Shoot, I didn't even look at the times. I'm still at work at 5, I won't be able to get to Rae Carson on time. I see the other two are at 6, which I can do and plan to attend. Man, I was looking forward to Rae.