What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > 80's YA Novel about Reincarnation

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara the Librarian (last edited Jul 29, 2016 08:33AM) (new)

Sara the Librarian (museoffire) | 13 comments The story was narrated by a girl who's friend has come to believe or comes to believe through the course of the book that she has a past life and that in that past life she was murdered (possibly accidentally) and the murderer was never caught. There are repeated memories or flashbacks where the reader sees the girl in previous life being chased in a graveyard. Death was possibly the result of a fall off a cliff near the graveyard?

They end up finding the guy who did it, he's still alive but an old, old man and I think this helps the friend though they never confront him.

There was a "trick" ending where it turns out the narrator also remembers a previous life and vows not be weak like her friend when she finds the person responsibly for her death.

message 2: by Hestia (new)

Hestia | 6 comments Maybe "On That Dark Night" by Carol Beach York?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

Sara the Librarian (museoffire) | 13 comments This could definitely be it Hestia! Thanks so much! Pity it looks hard to get a hold of. I think about it from time to time. For whatever reason its one of those books that just stuck with me over the years.

message 4: by Hestia (new)

Hestia | 6 comments I read one of hers, "Revenge of the Dolls" and I've never forgotten it. Maybe try requesting this one through your library -- although you may want to wait until the school year starts, when the schools are open to loan items. (For some reason, schools tend to have these older titles more often than public libraries.)

I'm glad if I could help!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Sara wrote: "This could definitely be it Hestia! Thanks so much! Pity it looks hard to get a hold of. I think about it from time to time. For whatever reason its one of those books that just stuck with me over ..."

Used copies start at $0.01 on Amazon, $3.48 at Abebooks.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Bumping since Sara posted recently.

Sara, was "On That Dark Night" your book?