One True Loves One True Loves question

Who would you choose?
Adriana Delgado Adriana Jul 27, 2016 04:14PM
Ok. Only for people who finished the book because it's a spoiler. So if you haven't finished the book don't read past this line.

Did you agree with how Taylor Jenkins Reid finished the book? Who did you prefer Emma to have picked, Sam or Jesse? I honestly leaned toward Jesse. It seemed to me that Sam was a bit wishy-washy and that Emma changed her whole personality as a result of being with him. True, she's in her thirties when Jesse reappears and has matured and changed like we all do. But still, I think Jesse was the one for her. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure, but I wish they had both ditched her. For a few days there, it was like she wanted to have her cake and eat it, too. The way she acted with Jesse was so frustrating, and then to just go back to Sam like she hadn't done anything wrong left a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't feel like she was a good person.

i couldn't even imagine being in a situation like this. how torn the main character must have felt when she had to choose between the man she thought she lost and the life she had built with another man. as i kept reading, i found it difficult to side with one love over the other and truly had no way of knowing what the outcome was going to be. i knew i was going to be sad regardless of the decision since i honestly liked both couples together. i think it is possible to truly love more than one person throughout your life, but i also think it would be hard to make a choice if there is a possibility of being with more than one person at the same time. when someone dies, you have to go on living still and try to move on. but to have more than one person you love available to be with at the same time just seems like an impossible decision. how do you decide which person is right for you? i was definitely captivated by this story and even after finishing it don't know what i would've done in her situation. i guess the ending made sense since they were different people but i still think it would be very difficult to decide such a thing.

Jesse

definitely Jesse!!!!

I agree I leaned more towards Jesse

I am glad she chose Sam. It irritated me that when Jesse came back he tried to be in charge. She would say no to him and he kept pestering her until she changed her mind. She loves different things now and was trying to fit him into her life like a square peg in a round hole.