Mystery Madness discussion

#Book1CoziesClub > First in a Series Cozy Mystery Book Club

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Di (new)

Di (disis19) | 732 comments Mod
Inspired by the #SaveOurCozies Readathon, I've created this book club to help put a spotlight on the genre as well as introduce readers to several of the series that are out there. I personally have been seeing a ton of cozy mystery series and authors that I am not familiar with, just from being a part of the readathon! It's been making me want to try them all, which also helped me come up with the idea for this club.

As the title of the book club states, we will be reading only the first book in each series. Two books will be pulled out of a jar around the fifteenth of each month. If there is a particular series you are interested in reading, please let me know before the fifteenth so we can consider it for the following month. You are welcome to read one or both of the books of the month and discuss them, but I do ask that you be considerate and hide any spoilers in your posts. If you decide to post your review on your favorite social media site, please tag it with #Book1CoziesClub so we can find it. Also, please feel free to link your review in the discussion thread.

The books for August have already been pulled and there will be a dedicated thread for each so we can comment and discuss. If you'd like more information, please see my blog post and video here: http://disis19hearts.blogspot.com/201...

Please let me know if you'll be joining in! Thank you to Elizabeth and Troi for allowing me to host the book club in their group ^-^

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 335 comments Mod
Hi Di! Welcome to Mystery Madness! I am so happy that you will be hosting this bookclub in our little group. I hope that our group will grow and I think your group will be a big part of that. I will also mention this in my August TBR video. I am planning to read Homicide in Hardcover, but I have to find it first. I am hoping to find my own copy, but I think our library has it too.

message 3: by Di (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Hi Di! Welcome to Mystery Madness! I am so happy that you will be hosting this bookclub in our little group. I hope that our group will grow and I think your group will be a big part of that. I wil..." Thank you so much! I just picked up my copy of Homicide in Hardcover from the library yesterday. I should have It Takes a Witch soon also. I'm super excited for this. Thanks also for mentioning the book club when you make your TBR video!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 335 comments Mod
Troi wrote: "Di wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Hi Di! Welcome to Mystery Madness! I am so happy that you will be hosting this bookclub in our little group. I hope that our group will grow and I think your group will..."

I'm like you Troi, I only have the 5th one in that series for some reason, and the first one was already checked out from my library. I called a local used bookstore and they have it, so I am going by there tomorrow to purchase it.

message 5: by Di (new)

Troi - Wouldn't you know that I have the 6th one of the series on my shelf but none of the others! I look forward to your success if hunting Homicide in Hardcover down. Fighting!! LOL

message 6: by Di (new)

Elizabeth - I have the 6th one but none of the others. Glad you found a copy of the first one! I do plan in purchasing my own copy of each if I enjoy these.

message 7: by Di (new)

MsG wrote: "I'm new here and plan on participating in the August book discussion. See you there!"

Awesome! Thanks for joining us ^-^