World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15750 comments How about 1-st or 2-nd weekend?
I think we can go with two main categories of free and discounted 0.99 books, for 2-3 days.
Everyone who enrolls also commits to perform a certain minimum of promos on his/her social networks
Feedback/suggestions?

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments I'm in! Is there an optimal weekend? I think Labor Day weekend is a definite no-no for obvious reasons.

message 3: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 31 comments Nik, that was quick! I'm in too.

I'll make an online form for authors to submit their work / promotional info this afternoon. I'll just need the dates for the form.

I wonder if there's a way we can work something out with free newsletter sites, like Book Raid, to help with emailers.

message 4: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15750 comments Tara, when is Labor day?
I know that of May 1-st, but that's probably not what you mean -:)

Thanks, Dylan!
Don't know the answer about the sites, but it's definitely something to explore towards the event

message 5: by Dylan (last edited Jul 27, 2016 08:04AM) (new)

Dylan Callens | 31 comments Labour Day weekend (is it Canada only?) is the first weekend in September (3-5).

I have put the submission form up. It's lacking a few specifics, but those can be added in afterwards. If a few of you would like to test it out, please give me some feedback and suggest whatever you think should be added/changed/taken away. I have to use a flash loader for the cover images, so please let me know if that causes you any grief. PS - "Promo Mania" is only a placeholder. lol

http://www.cosmicteapot.net/index.php...

Thanks,
Dylan.

message 6: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15750 comments Looks cool. Not sure, everyone can provide a B&N link, as some go exclusively with Amazon

message 7: by Annie (last edited Jul 27, 2016 08:52AM) (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Just FYI, gentlemen.

Canadians can't get on Nook *frowns* unless they go through SW *frowns deeper*

EDIT: And no, Mr Dylan. Our Southern neighbors have Labor day as well (Please note I spelled Labor the American way ^_~)

message 8: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 31 comments Nik - I added the additional vendor links for those that have them. I will put an "if applicable" sign next to them.

What's wrong with going through SW? I'm on B&N that way... it wasn't a big deal. lol

I had to spell Labour the good ol' Canadian way, this time. It being our holiday and all. :)

message 9: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) @Mr Dylan: There's nothing wrong with going through SW at all! I think people should!! I'm just a stubborn butthead cuz that's what I do ^_~

message 10: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15750 comments If there is no Labo(u)r on Sept 10-11, we can target these

message 11: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 31 comments I'm good with those dates.

message 12: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15750 comments Ok, guys, so let's do it on Sept. 10-11, view it as a pilot of a sort, and pending the results decide on the next steps.
So anyone can enroll a book or a few, provided their price is set at 0 or 0.99 (their advantages and drawbacks for each tactic) at the above dates.
We would need the links of each other to the sale platform for spreading on the web. Everybody's participating shall undertake to place and promote links of fellow authors on his/her network. That's a minimum. On top of that we should check additional venues, and FB page, twitter acc.

message 13: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 31 comments Nik wrote: "Ok, guys, so let's do it on Sept. 10-11, view it as a pilot of a sort, and pending the results decide on the next steps.
So anyone can enroll a book or a few, provided their price is set at 0 or 0...."

I think that I have a completed registration page now. So, What I can do is gather all the people that want in and then make a FB group so that we all have easy access to it.

Are we limiting the number of entrants this time around, since it is a pilot?

Thoughts?

message 14: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15750 comments Let's see how many enroll. Pilot or not, the more participants, the bigger the exposure, I think

message 15: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) *applies war paint**nods**throws my book in*

Done.

message 16: by Tim (new)

Tim Rees | 732 comments So what's this about? Do we have to give books away to be involved?

message 17: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1907 comments Dylan wrote: "Labour Day weekend (is it Canada only?) is the first weekend in September (3-5).

I have put the submission form up. It's lacking a few specifics, but those can be added in afterwards. If a few of ..."

I have already done it. Is there anything else I need to do?

message 18: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 31 comments Register here: http://www.cosmicteapot.net/index.php...

If anyone likes, they could offer up a free book... others will probably do a free promo run.

Mehreen, you were making up an interview sheet, correct?

Other than that, there isn't much to be done yet. We just need authors to sign up. So, if y'all can spread the word about it and get them to register, that would be great.

message 19: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1907 comments Dylan wrote: "Register here: http://www.cosmicteapot.net/index.php...

If anyone likes, they could offer up a free book... others will probably do a free promo run.

Mehreen, you were making up an interv..."

Yes I will prepare an interview sheet and email it to you.

message 20: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 31 comments Mehreen wrote: "Dylan wrote: "Register here: http://www.cosmicteapot.net/index.php...

Mehreen, you were makin..."

Thanks.

message 21: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15750 comments Tim wrote: "So what's this about? Do we have to give books away to be involved?"

Just to make a book free or price it at 0.99 (your choice) for a limited time of two days