Soldeluna discussion

The Moon Court Castle > The library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 144 (144 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
The Moon Court library is simple, but huge and vast. A massive, square room with countless shelves and books. It is quite dim in here, even in the day, and very dark at night, but there are plenty of lamps on little tables to provide light to read. But don’t be surprised if you see some people just hanging about the library for no particular reason.

message 2: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Not that Killian was hiding, because Kings never hide from their duty, but he was definitely hiding in a not hiding way in the back of the library because for once in his life Killian was making do like his eldest son and avoiding responsibility. His reason? Killian's advisors were urging him to allow suitors to pursue his eldest daughter's hand in marriage. She was 16 and his advisors believed that was plenty old enough to be married off and solidify some treaty or another with another kingdom. Killian was sure his daughter would hear none of this and was therefore hiding from his advisors. Oh how life bid him well.

message 3: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea sat behind the racks of scrolls, wincing as she applied pressure to her wounds.

message 4: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina was sitting in a chair, reading peacefully, when she heard a quiet wince. She looked up from her book to see a girl.
"Hey miss are you alright?" She called softly.

message 5: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea was startled. She hastily pulled up the sleeve of her gown. "Yes, your Majesty." She said, quietly

message 6: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina fluttered a hand dismissively. "Please, none of that Your Majesty stuff. Just call me Marlina." She said with a small smile. "And are you sure?" She asked gently, tilting her head slightly. She concerned herself about everyone.

message 7: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"Yes, Marlina." Celestiea said, hoping that Marlina wouldn't notice the red gash on her collarbone. She tried to hide it with her hair.

message 8: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina watched the girl for a moment, then closed her book. "What's your name? If I may ask?"

message 9: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea decided to be honest with her. At least Marlina wasn't as hostile as her brother. "Celestiea." She said, palming the tube of herbs

message 10: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina smiled. "Well its nice to meet you Celestiea." She said.

message 11: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"And you as well." Celestiea bowed low, and straightened. "I had the pleasure of meeting your sibling today. He was quite polite." Lie, she thought

message 12: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina straightened. "Oh? Polite you say? Then I assume its Kael you're talking about right?" She asked.

message 13: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea shook her head. "No, it was Prince Kaz. I have not met the crown prince yet, but I do hope to do so soon."

message 14: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina widened her eyes slightly. "Kaz?! Oh gosh. And HE was polite? Really?" She said knowingly. Kaz. He was an extreme worry to her. They'd used to be so close, then one day he'd suddenly just shut everyone out. And he'd done that ever since.

message 15: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea gave a tight smile. "Yes, Marlina. Though, he did not speak much, only as much as necessary."

message 16: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina sighed sadly. "That's all he ever does now. He'll barely talk to anyone. None of us know why. I just wish I knew why he suddenly became like that. He didn't used to be, when we were younger..."

message 17: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea already knew that. "Would you need my help, Princess? I wish to be his friend, but he pushes others away like they are doomed with the plague. I could also help with your suitor problem."

message 18: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina looked at her. "I think Kaz is beyond help." She said mournfully. "I highly doubt he'd ever accept any friends. We used to be inseparable. Now look at us." She then looked confused. "Suitor problem? Whatever do you mean?" She asked.

message 19: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea cocked her head. "Why, I thought everyone in the court knows that you have almost come of age. They're twittering about it like little birds in spring."

message 20: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina huffed a sigh. "Their twittering is irritating. I'm still young. I shouldn't have an interest in marriage yet." She said.

message 21: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea smiled. "Lucky for me, not many seek my hand."

message 22: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina gave her a look. "Yes very lucky for you." She replied, then smiled. "You have no idea..." She added.

message 23: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea smiled. "I understand. My cousin was the spotlight of attention for several well looking suitors back then. She has married happily and wealthy."

message 24: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina smiled again. "Well good for her then." She said.

message 25: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea enjoyed Marlina's company much better than Kaz's. "Do you know why Kaz is so unpleasant?" She asked.

message 26: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina sighed and shook her head. "No. I wish I did, but I have no idea. He refuses to speak about it. Or at all pretty much now, as you saw. We were very close when we were younger. But suddenly one day he just himself off and pushed everyone out." Marlina had been devastated initially. Her brother had changed so drastically.

message 27: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"Something must have happened." Celestiea said, intrigued by the turn the conversation had taken. It was true, the prince was a favorite topic of the gossip at court.

message 28: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina placed her head in her hands. "I don't know." She said, almost whining. "It was just so sudden. Do you want to know what happened? One day he just wouldn't come out of his chambers or even open the door. And when he finally did he just shouted at me and Kael to leave him alone and then ska,med the door in our faces. He didn't come out of his chambers for another two weeks! Then when he finally did he just acted the way he does now. And he hasn't changed since." She explained the story sadly.

message 29: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea bit her lip. Kaz was quite the mystery. "There are many things that could cause that, but do you know the one most powerful emotion that could cause such a sudden change?"

message 30: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina tilted her head. "No. What is that?" She asked, genuinely wanting to know. No one had any idea about the reason for Kaz's sudden change of heart. Anyone's guess was as good as anyone else's.

message 31: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea smiled. This was something she had more experience in than anyone else. "The feeling of being betrayed by someone you loved."

message 32: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina looked at her for a moment, then up at the ceiling in thought. "But... I don't think Kaz had anyone he loved... Not that I know of anyway. And he was only thirteen at the time..." She commented. 'And it surely couldn't have been any of us." She added, referring to her and her siblings.

message 33: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea shook her head. "You misunderstand. Not the love between couples. But the love of good friends. There many types of love in this world."

message 34: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina frowned. "But... I'm sure I would've known if he had a friend like that... We were close as well." She said again, then sighed hopelessly. "I don't know. I just don't know..." It truly tortured her, every time she tried to speak to Kaz, and he just shut her down...

message 35: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"It's okay, Marlina." Celestiea said softly. "I'm sure he still loves you very much. Such sibling affection is hard to destroy."

message 36: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina looked up and sighed. "Thank you Celestiea." She said sincerely. "You see, to know a lot about this sort of thing." She said curiously. Maybe she could get through to Kaz.

message 37: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea smiled, though it was more of a grimace. "I have experience." She said, not offering any additional insight.

message 38: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina noticed her grimace, and didn't press the matter. I should probably talk to Kael, she thought to herself. "Well, thank you for your insight. It really is most appreciated." Marlina said with a small smile. "If you ever need anything let me know."

message 39: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea smiled a genuine smile at Marlina. "Thank you." She said, glad. She had probably just made her first friend since childhood.

message 40: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina smiled back at her. "It was lovely to meet you by the way Celestiea." She closed her book and stood. "I think I should go look for Kael. Or maybe Kaz... But I hope to see you again." She said.

message 41: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"Goodbye." Celestiea waved, and walked away.

message 42: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Marlina stared after her a little bewilderedly at her abrupt leaving. "Bye." She called softly after her. Then set off to search for either one of her brothers.

message 43: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
((Great, but short, RP!))

message 44: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
((Yeah, didn't realise it'd be so short. Sorry about that))

message 45: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
((It's ok. To be honest, I was running out of things to say XD))

message 46: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
((Yeah true, me too... Haha))

message 47: by alma (new)

alma (bookworm_alma) | 170 comments Mod
Kael ran his finger down the spine of an interesting novel, wondering what he should read. Unfortunately, by now he had very little time to read - between his council meetings, lessons and wanderings through the town, he didn't have many opportunities to settle down with a good book. He eventually decided on a fast-paced mystery novel, pulling it off the shelf and settling down on a nearby chair.

message 48: by jade (last edited Aug 07, 2016 08:16PM) (new)

jade (juliaskim) | 278 comments Classical novels, Damon Maddox had once said, a bright sparkle in his eye, listen Mae, not everything comes from equations and formulas. Sometimes, you have to be able to dive into a good book. Analyzing literary art is amazing for the brain, you understand?

Maeve rolled her eyes but smiled fondly at the memory, carefully pulling a book off the shelf. It was tattered and worn, though there was a layer of dust covering the cover and the spine: a once appreciated book, left forgotten. She frowned, opening it carefully, coughing when a cloud of dust rose to meet her.

message 49: by alma (new)

alma (bookworm_alma) | 170 comments Mod
Kael glanced up at the noise, his mouth automatically forming a smirk when he caught sight of Maeve. He flipped the book shut (it hadn't been great, anyway) and walked over to where she was standing. He leaned against the book shelf as he glanced at the cover of the book she was reading. "Really?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, though he was taken aback at her choice. Not many people were interested in reading classics, especially the women - he rarely ever saw them in the library.

message 50: by jade (new)

jade (juliaskim) | 278 comments To her credit, Maeve didn't jump when she heard his voice (though the beat of her heart spiked momentarily - she had assumed she was alone). Turning to face him, she closed her book, sneezing when another cloud of dust fanned out over her face.

"Oh, it's you," she said pleasantly when the dust cleared, matching his smirk with her own as she held the book protectively to her chest, "what, not interested in the immersive world of Bronte?" Despite her words, her tone was light, not challenging, and she leaned back into the bookshelf.

« previous 1 3