Challenge Corner discussion

The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
This topic is about The School for Good and Evil
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy/Para > The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani->Restarting March 9th 2020

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments The first kidnappings happened two hundred years before. Some years it was two boys taken, some years two girls, sometimes one of each. But if at first the choices seemed random, soon the pattern became clear. One was always beautiful and good, the child every parent wanted as their own. The other was homely and odd, an outcast from birth. An opposing pair, plucked from youth and spirited away.

This year, best friends Sophie and Agatha are about to discover where all the lost children go: the fabled School for Good & Evil, where ordinary boys and girls are trained to be fairy tale heroes and villains. As the most beautiful girl in Gavaldon, Sophie has dreamed of being kidnapped into an enchanted world her whole life. With her pink dresses, glass slippers, and devotion to good deeds, she knows she’ll earn top marks at the School for Good and graduate a storybook princess. Meanwhile Agatha, with her shapeless black frocks, wicked pet cat, and dislike of nearly everyone, seems a natural fit for the School for Evil.

But when the two girls are swept into the Endless Woods, they find their fortunes reversed—Sophie’s dumped in the School for Evil to take Uglification, Death Curses, and Henchmen Training, while Agatha finds herself in the School For Good, thrust amongst handsome princes and fair maidens for classes in Princess Etiquette and Animal Communication.. But what if the mistake is actually the first clue to discovering who Sophie and Agatha really are…?

The School for Good & Evil is an epic journey into a dazzling new world, where the only way out of a fairy tale is to live through one.

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Wow, this sounds really unique. Who all is reading this?

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Also, is it part of a series?

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Kaylin and I are reading it. Not sure if anyone else is joining us. It's the first in a trilogy.

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I'm going to see if I can get a hold of it.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Hope you can!

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Read the first two chapters. (view spoiler)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Through chapter 4. (view spoiler)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) I've started this, but Real Life hit me pretty hard this week. Almost through chapter one.

message 10: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments That's ok. Life happens. :)

Through chapter six. (view spoiler)

message 11: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Through chapter eleven. (view spoiler)
Really enjoying this.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Just finished chapter two. :) I never read middle grade, so I think I was expecting this to be a little more child-like. I've been pleasantly surprised so far!

message 13: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Glad to hear that! Yeah, most middle grade isn't too child like. Just simpler sentence structure, and not as hard hitting on certain topics for the most part.

message 14: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Through chapter 16. (view spoiler)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) C P wrote: "Through chapter 4. [spoilers removed]"

Just finished chapter 4 myself. (view spoiler)

message 16: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Kaylin wrote: "C P wrote: "Through chapter 4. [spoilers removed]"

Just finished chapter 4 myself. [spoilers removed]"

That was definitely different than what I expected too. But in a good way.

message 17: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Through chapter 19. (view spoiler)

message 18: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Through chapter 23. (view spoiler)

message 19: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Through chapter 27 (view spoiler)

message 20: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I finished this a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it. It was the same and different from what I expected at the same time. I'm looking forward to reading the second book soon.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) C P wrote: "That's ok. Life happens. :)

Through chapter six. [spoilers removed]"

Still slowly making my way through this. Just finished Chapter Seven. (view spoiler)

message 22: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Kaylin wrote: "C P wrote: "That's ok. Life happens. :)

Through chapter six. [spoilers removed]"

Still slowly making my way through this. Just finished Chapter Seven. [spoilers removed]"

Exactly! (view spoiler)

message 23: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (last edited Mar 09, 2020 11:03AM) (new) - added it

Aly (alyp_01) | 24211 comments Mod
*******RESTARTING MARCH 9TH 2020*************

message 24: by Esther (new) - added it

Esther | 1310 comments General Statement: (view spoiler)

message 25: by Esther (new) - added it

Esther | 1310 comments I finished the book, but I basically guessed what would happen before the book ended.

message 26: by Esther (new) - added it

Esther | 1310 comments I knew that: (view spoiler)

message 27: by Esther (new) - added it

Esther | 1310 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

message 28: by OjoAusana (last edited Mar 15, 2020 11:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

OjoAusana | 430 comments read this book a few times but forgot some of the details of this book lol there similar book I often confuse with this one so reading it again helped me remember the differences

5% (view spoiler)

30% (view spoiler)

81% (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

OjoAusana | 430 comments BookWorm wrote: "General Statement: [spoilers removed]"

lmfao for real tho

OjoAusana | 430 comments BookWorm wrote: "Finished: [spoilers removed]"

I think I remember but im pretty sure that's where the next book picks up