What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > protagonist is a young woman who has some healing abilities. She belongs to a clan that is in hiding. The clan is being hunted by an enemy clan. She has a coming into age ceremony at the beginning of the novel.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 3 comments I wonder if anyone could help me name this book...

The protagonist is a young woman who has some healing abilities. She belongs to a clan that is in hiding. The clan is being hunted by an enemy clan. She has a coming into age ceremony at the beginning of the novel. Shortly after this she finds an injured man. He was hunting a lion that had killed his wife. He wore a lion's tail around his waist. She heals his injuries, but he kidnaps her to aid him on his journey. Once reaching his clans settlement area, his chieftain makes her set up her own healing tent. The clan is then attacked by soldiers searching for her original clan. She escapes, and retreats into the mountains. In the mountains she comes across a castle, inside she befriends some men who teach her new healing techniques and teaches her how to see across the lands. She comes across the enemy who hunted and captured many of her kin. However, she returns to the chieftain who is ill. He repays her by attacking their enemy and they win. At the end of the book she marries her lover.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
When did you read it? Remember the cover? Author male or female? Standalone or series?

message 3: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 3 comments Whitney wrote: "I wonder if anyone could help me name this book...

The protagonist is a young woman who has some healing abilities. She belongs to a clan that is in hiding. The clan is being hunted by an enemy cl..."

Lobstergirl wrote: "When did you read it? Remember the cover? Author male or female? Standalone or series?"

I read it around 2007-2009. The cover was black/blue with a painted woman on the front. I remember nothing else. It's really puzzling me haha.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jul 27, 2016 11:41AM) (new)

Kris | 36060 comments Mod
A guess - Bear Heart by K.J. Colt? It has at least two different cover images.
Bear Heart (Klawdia, #1) by K.J. Colt Bear Heart by K.J. Colt

message 5: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 3 comments Unfortunately, that is not the book. Thank you very much regardless. I may even read that book!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Whitney, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bear Heart (other topics)
Bear Heart (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

K.J. Colt (other topics)