Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry discussion

Classrooms > Music room

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 746 comments Mod
Frog Choir
Music
Muggle Music

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Liza struggled to put notes down on the paper. Her usually routine ways were put to the test when it came to music. All schedule seemed to fly out the window! She decided to move her attention away from the notes and onto relaxing. There were no rules against that, right?

message 3: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim walked into the music room. he was there to focus on different types of singing.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

((What does Tim look like?))

Liza jumped at the sound of another person walking into the room. She had her feet propped up on the desk because she thought no one would come in.
She recognized the boy walking in, though, so she said hello politely.

message 5: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

((he has a bio under students. or just look up Tim Drake))

message 6: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim nodded politely. he wasn't concerned with her. Fawn was gone. the second challenge was coming up. and there was still the Yule ball

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2016 10:19AM) (new)

((Wait why is Fawn gone? I'm really sorry I'm completely clueless))

Liza watched Tim out of the corner of her eyes, wondering what he was here for. She scribbled a few notes down on her music sheet, determined to be good even it music didn't come naturally. Singing did, but her composition skills needed countless hours of work.
She didn't hum when others were around, so that didn't help.

message 8: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

((Fawn was played by Maple))

message 9: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"Come seek us where our voices sound," Tim sang to himself. He turned the words over and over in his head, taking them apart.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Liza gasped quietly. She recognized those words from somewhere!
She quickly turned around in her chair, pulling out the updated version of a book on Triwizard Tournaments. She had checked it out of the library a few days ago so she could refresh everything she had read before. She flipped open to page 207, following the lyrics as Tim sang them. She could hear him even just muttering the words, for everything else in the room was silent.
Then she mentally slapped herself for not realizing this boy was a competitor in the tournament.
She looked directly at him.

((Oh my goodness I have no clue what she should say xD))

message 11: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"We can not sing above the ground. An hour long you have to look. TO recover what we took," Tim sang. He took notes. Then he noticed the girl looking at him. "Hello,"

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Liza's eyes grew wide suddenly.
"Er- I apologize. I didn't mean to distract you. I just- recognized the lyrics and wanted to concentrate on them. I mean, not in a weird way, of course!"

message 13: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"No, it's fine. I'm just trying to dissect the meaning of the lyrics. Maybe you could help me?" Tim suggested.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

"Technically it's against the rules. But if you'd like me to I wouldn't mind. I mean, I do have a book that would help."
She gave a polite smile, picked up her book, and drifted towards Tim.

message 15: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"I don't think it really matters. Thanks" Tim smiled. There was a bit of sadness in his eyes.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Liza took a seat beside him. For some reason, she began softly humming the song. It wasn't like her to do so in front of others, but for some reason, she just... did!
"I'm assuming you already know that this clue has been given in a previous tournament... But they must have a different variation on it for this one. What have you figured out?"

message 17: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"There are mermaids involved and it must be at a lake" Tim said, thinking.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Liza laughed cheerfully. "Yes, we knew that much. Do you have any idea what you're going to use to stay underwater for that long? Can you transfigure yourself into anything yet? It says here that Viktor Krum turned himself into half a shark, but I suppose you already knew that."
She found herself being unusually happy.

message 19: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"Yeah, I think I could try to do half a dolphin," Tim said

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"Sounds perfect! Would you like to try to decipher everything else, or would you rather wing it?"

message 21: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"I want to know as much as possible, honestly," Tim said shrugging a bit.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"Good answer." She smiled in a supportive way, then read the lyrics again. "What will you surely miss? Last time they tried hiding friends and family, but hopefully they'll change it to make it more interesting."
Liza pulled her chair in closer to the desk and squeezed her green amulet necklace in her palm.

message 23: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"I think they might try something similar. The second part is," Tim started singing. "An hour long you have to look
To recover what we took
Your time's half gone so tarry not
Lest what you seek stays here to rot."

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

"You have a nice voice," said Liza plainly. It was a compliment, but she said it more like a fact instead. "I apologize, I'm not great at riddles. If I were ever to meet a Sphynx, I would be probably be killed. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. I am fraternizing with the 'enemy' though!" She joked.

message 25: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim smiled. "Thank you for the compliment" He said softly.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Anyway, I think I'm off to dinner. Maybe I can help more another time." Liza casually scooted out her chair and gathered her belongings. "You can keep the book, if you'd like. As long as I get it back by the next task." She waved goodbye, sighing quietly as she exited the music room.

((End? I wouldn't mind continuing somewhere else, but we would need DRAMA))

message 27: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

((*Shrugs*))

Tim looked at the book the rushed after her. "Wait? Can I... ask you something?"

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Liza jumped slightly. "Sure, as long as it isn't a riddle."

message 29: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"No it's not a challenge," Tim said. "It's just. I kind of need a date to the Yule ball, and you've been really kind to me, so... If you're not already going with someone... Would you like to go with me?"

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Liza was stunned. "I would love to. I really am looking forward to it. I'll be watching your second task, by the way. Looking forward to seeing a dolphin." She smiled in pure happiness, then reached out for a handshake.

((Mwahahaha sweet successsss *cackles*))

message 31: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim laughed and shook her hand. "I look forward to the ball. And it's good to know that someone will be watching my second task,"

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Liza smiled one last time, then went off to eat some dinner, humming over and over again.

((Okay okay now end? I have to take care of a few things, so if not ending then I'll post later))

message 33: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

((We can end))