YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Paper Princess (The Royals, #1)
This topic is about Paper Princess
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Paper Princess (The Royals #1) by Erin Watt - Restarting June 23rd 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments "From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself.

These Royals will ruin you…

Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone.

Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.

Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals.

He might be right.

Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees."

Feel free to join!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Awesome! I'm excited to read it!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 3:
(view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments I got caught up in the story and read ahead quite a bit! Although I was planning on 7 chapters a day and hope to stick to it from now on.

Through Chapter 7: (view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments Through Chapter 14: (view spoiler)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Helen 2.0 wrote: "Through Chapter 14: Callum is a fine example of parenting gone wrong... don't know if I should laugh or call child services on him.
Ella is my idol though, especially her dance tryout! She knocked..."

(view spoiler)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

@Helen (and @bookslayer, if you get around to reading it) Would you like to BR the second book too? We can either do it after this one or a little closer to book 3 (it comes out mid-October).

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments Anna if you want to BR the second book lets do it soon! I don't think I can hold out long...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Helen 2.0 wrote: "Anna if you want to BR the second book lets do it soon! I don't think I can hold out long..."

I'm still in the middle of this one. I'll message you once I'm closer to finsihing. This book is surprisingly fun and addicting!

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments Anna wrote: "Helen 2.0 wrote: "Anna if you want to BR the second book lets do it soon! I don't think I can hold out long..."

I'm still in the middle of this one. I'll message you once I'm closer to finsihing. ..."

I binge read through it yesterday and loved it. I'll try to comment some thoughts when I get home.

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments Anna wrote: "Helen 2.0 wrote: "Through Chapter 14: Callum is a fine example of parenting gone wrong... don't know if I should laugh or call child services on him.
Ella is my idol though, especially her dance tr..."

(view spoiler)

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 22, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Chapter 18: (view spoiler)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

@Helen (view spoiler)

Chapter 26: (view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments Anna wrote: "@Helen [spoilers removed]

Chapter 26: Yup, Easton's adorable. Funny Val says that when a couple chapters ago, when Ella made out with him she asked whether she needed an intervention.

I love Eas..."

(view spoiler)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Helen 2.0 wrote: "Anna wrote: "@Helen [spoilers removed]

Chapter 26: Yup, Easton's adorable. Funny Val says that when a couple chapters ago, when Ella made out with him she asked whether she needed an intervention...."

(view spoiler)

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 23, 2016 12:11PM) (new)

Chapter 30:
(view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments Anna wrote: "Chapter 30: [spoilers removed] "

(view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 6: (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85294 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date changed. Restarting February 9th 2017. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments Chapter 1-6

I am going to start by saying there are very few books I don't like. I genuinely love all or most books and I lobe losing myself in the story line of a book. I am loving this books so much. I love the your girl Ella and her guardian and his 5 spoiled brutish boys. I thought it would be close to the story of Princess Diaries and I am happy to say it isn't. There are a couple similarities but mostly it takes a different turn.
(view spoiler)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments Chapters 6-12

I am so hooked on this book. I couldn't stop myself from reading it even though my partner still didn't have her book. Mickey, you I hope will love this books as much as I did :)

(view spoiler)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments Chapter 13-20

(view spoiler)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments Chapters 20-to the end

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 4th of July 2017

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Hey heeeeeeey, all! I'm starting this read as of right now! SO EXCITED! I've heard such great things!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Decided I'm gonna Audiobook this one, because why not?

Super intrigued already, and just getting started!

message 27: by Shae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Would love to hear what the audiobook is like :)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Shae wrote: "Would love to hear what the audiobook is like :)"

It's super interesting actually--I love that most female narrators (at least all the ones I've listened to so far, which admittedly isn't many because I don't audiobook things often) always go out of their way to bring unique voices and personality to the different characters! It makes the listening SO much more enjoyable and entertaining!

message 29: by Lesa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments I'm start tomorrow morning. The sample was interesting. I can't wait.

message 30: by Lesa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments I'm so enjoying.
Chapter 1-5

(view spoiler)

message 31: by Lesa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Omg I'm so liking Ella.
Chapter 6-10

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments (view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 32%

(view spoiler)

message 34: by Lesa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Chapter 11-15
(view spoiler)

message 35: by Lesa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Chapter 16-20
(view spoiler)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm starting this book today 😄

message 37: by Lesa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Chapter 21-25

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments (view spoiler)

message 39: by Lesa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Chapter 26-30
5 chapters left. I must say I've enjoyed this book.

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 100%

(view spoiler)

message 41: by Shae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments I'm late to the party sorry! Been trying to finish another book for a different challenge, will be joining soon

message 42: by Lesa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Done
(view spoiler)

message 43: by Lesa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Elizabeth wrote: "100%

[spoilers removed]"

@elizabeth (view spoiler)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 4
(view spoiler)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 18
(view spoiler)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 28
(view spoiler)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished
(view spoiler)

message 48: by Shae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments End of chapter 5. I agree with you Chantal and Elizabeth (view spoiler)

message 49: by Shae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments End of chapter 7 (view spoiler)

message 50: by Shae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 60% (view spoiler)

« previous 1