Young Beginner Writers (closed) discussion

Mod Search

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (last edited Jul 26, 2016 06:38AM) (new)

Emily   Hi everyone, this group is really growing and I am so glad it is, but that also means its time to get new people to help monitor the group, If you are interested in becoming a Moderator for this group, please comment and answer the following:

1) How often are you on goodreads?
2) list 3 things you think you could do to improve or help the group once you a Mod.
3) Why do you want to be a Moderator for this group?

When we feel we have found a great mod, we will close this discussion :)

message 2: by Coralie (new)

Coralie (corkybookworm) | 386 comments Mod
What are the duties and responsibilities of becoming a moderator?

Abby ~Sign Please~ | 39 comments I'm always on goodreads...
Maybe we could write a group story
I want to be mod cuz I love helping people...

I told Lorien more about all this... But that's basically it

message 4: by lorien (new)

lorien | 2222 comments Mod
Coralie wrote: "What are the duties and responsibilities of becoming a moderator?"

Well, you monitor the group, making sure that all the rules are being followed. You can also make new topics if you'd like (yeah, sorry I'll try to get on that a bit more). Encourage people to be more active in the group. That's pretty much it, and I'm sure Emily will add a few more things to the list. ; )

Abby ~Sign Please~ | 39 comments When is the deadline for becoming a mod?

message 6: by Coralie (last edited Aug 01, 2016 07:23PM) (new)

1. Pretty much daily...several times a day...during the summer; a little less (maybe every other day?) during the school year...I'm kind of addicted.
2. I'd love to work with the prompts discussions specifically. I also love reading through the Stories folder and giving feedback there. I'm super organized and I'm a grammar Nazi, so that could be helpful...somehow? Ooh, and I think it would also be neat to start up a section that gathers tidbits of professional writing advice. For example, Gail Carson Levine has a blog that she frequently updates prompts to, answers writing questions, and generally talks about different writing aspects and story situations, character development, etc. It would be neat to start a thread here where someone posts tidbits from published authors like that.
3. I think it would be a neat experience, and this is my favorite group that I've participated in.

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily   Coralie wrote: "What are the duties and responsibilities of becoming a moderator?"

the full duties of a Mod. would be making sure everyone is following the group rules and generally managing the group. also that person would also have to have open communication with the other mods, before making any changes in the group.

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily   Abby wrote: "When is the deadline for becoming a mod?"

When we feel we have found the right person for the job :)

message 9: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (ellieorsborn) 1. Pretty much every day, sometimes every other day
2. I think it would be cool if we wrote a group play and we each wrote for a certain character so that they all have different voices.
3. I love the feeling it gives you when you're a moderator. It makes you feel so helpful.

message 10: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 3 comments 1.) Everyday after school, all the time on the weekend
2.) I think it would be cool if we had writing workshops or writing contests
3.) I love how helping people makes me feel happy and I always make sure someone who needs help gets help.

message 11: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh)
1) How often are you on Goodreads?
-everyday, an hour to two hours.

2) List 3 things you think you could do to improve or help the group once you become a mod.
-organization! this group needs definite help.
-a help requested folder
-topics request thread, members creating threads gets messy, quick.
-interaction with members
-mentoring (a mod picks a small group to help and dedicate their time to), or volunteer mentoring. (carry writes mystery, she mentors the mystery

3) Why do you want to be a moderator for this group?
-I believe I can boost activity and organization, with a good dose of fun.

message 12: by Coralie (new)

Wait, what happened to Emily?!

message 13: by lorien (new)

Emily, *sniffles* isn't going to be a moderator because she's been fairly busy.

message 14: by Coralie (new)

Aww...sadness, but I understand. Maybe summer will bring her back around?

message 15: by lorien (new)

I hope so! *crosses fingers* Emily! Come back to us! >.<