ThatOneReader's Book Club discussion

August Book Club > August Book Club

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary ♥ (new)

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
Since the TBR reducer, which I really enjoyed, I thought of something rather special. Instead of reading a book, all of us, as most of the time, we should do something weird and cool, like the marathon we had. I am still noting down my ideas. I wanna hear yours too :) What should we do in August?

message 2: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Hmm, I'm a bit stuck for ideas to do in August since we just did the TBR Reducer, but I have one for November. Since we all love books, I'm assuming some of us must love writing too, and November is also Nanowrimo. This is a yearly event where you have to try to write 50,000 words in the month! Or at least as much as you can! While we write we can have weekly wrap ups in the book club and discussions and perhaps polls! We can have a book for the month for people who don't want to participate.

message 3: by Alesandra (new)

Alesandra (buyanearthquake) | 80 comments I love the idea! Let's do that in November.

message 4: by Mary ♥ (new)

Ι love the idea as well, since I'm a writer

message 5: by Mary ♥ (new)

LET'S DO IT ON NOVEMBER, GUYS!!
As for this month, we could do some sort of book exchange. Recommend one of our favorite books to each other :)
We should ask for genres though :)
For example, I'll recommend fantasy/action to all of you :D

message 6: by Mary ♥ (new)

Unless you ask for something else of course

message 7: by Mary ♥ (new)

And each person will have to read this book for August

message 8: by Alesandra (new)

Alesandra (buyanearthquake) | 80 comments I'm not such a fan of that idea. We can do it, sure. But I'd like to be able to talk about the book.

message 9: by Elisa (new)

Elisa The-Bookie-Monster (the-bookie-monster) | 135 comments I'm a part of another book club on Goodreads and they do a pick it for you challenge where you send your partner a pic or list of your tbr and they pick a book for you to read and then you post your review in that topic. It usually works well because your partner usually picks a book they read and loved or one that they themselves want to read.

message 10: by Mary ♥ (new)

Elisa wrote: "I'm a part of another book club on Goodreads and they do a pick it for you challenge where you send your partner a pic or list of your tbr and they pick a book for you to read and then you post you..."

Alesandra wrote: "I'm not such a fan of that idea. We can do it, sure. But I'd like to be able to talk about the book."

If you don't guys like it, we can do a normal challenge like the usual ones for August and think about new ideas later :)
We already have our November idea, so...

message 11: by Elisa (new)

Elisa The-Bookie-Monster (the-bookie-monster) | 135 comments I'm for this actually, it works well in other book clubs I'm in :)

message 12: by Mary ♥ (new)

Ι know but we should all agree. Unless we make pairings because then we will be able to talk about it with at least one person

message 13: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments I made a specific reading list for the entire summer and I really want to stick with it. I like the idea but would love if we did it another time (that's why I suggested the idea for November)

message 14: by Mary ♥ (last edited Jul 28, 2016 04:29AM) (new)

Lin wrote: "I made a specific reading list for the entire summer and I really want to stick with it. I like the idea but would love if we did it another time (that's why I suggested the idea for November)"

Okay then :) Let's just choose a book for August and we can do this on September I guess? *shrugs*