Landscapes of Ink discussion

Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
This topic is about Glass Sword
Buddy Reads > Red Queen #2: Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard - Starting 1 August

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 334 comments Mod
v.v and I will be reading Glass Sword :)

I'm 14% through. Told ya I'd be reading it pretty slowly. So busy. It'll probably take me a bit.

(view spoiler)

message 3: by v.v (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v Don't worry, I"m just as slow.

I'm 25% done.

This book is turning out to be better than Red Queen. More action which is good.

(view spoiler)

I'm 28% done.

Haha you like it better. I prefer Red Queen.

Kilorn (view spoiler)

Mare (view spoiler)

Might read a bit more now. Not too sure though. I'll read another few % today. I'm actually meant to be done tomorrow, so I can start The One on the 6th, but I know that's not going to happen haha.

message 6: by v.v (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v Well you have three days, anything can happen :)

message 7: by v.v (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v It's probably cause the teens are being written by adults. I don't think the authors fully understand how teenagers think or listen to other complain about the heroines.

33% through now and plan on reading a little more in the next hour as well.

Yeah that's true. Like hardly anyone is that rebellious to adults, to be honest.

38% done.

(view spoiler)

45%

(view spoiler) Definitely getting better :D It'll be a 5 star-er for sure haha.

'Brown hair, brown eyes, brown skin.' Whaaaat? Mare's brown? Not to be racist, but I pictured her as white!

52% (view spoiler)

message 13: by Maddie (last edited Aug 04, 2016 03:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

54% (view spoiler)

60% (view spoiler)

message 15: by v.v (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v 75% done...This is a really slow read

(view spoiler)

Yeah I'm not finding it too quick either. Planning on finishing it tonight.

Did you read my spoilers?

I feel like every time I bother to write spoilers, and my thoughts, no one ever replies to them, and it's like 'what's the point in discussing the book if no one replies to them. I mean, if all of the replies are in that spoiler under 75%, then that means I need to get to 75% before I can read them.

74% (view spoiler)

76% (view spoiler)

79% (view spoiler)

v.v wrote: "75% done...This is a really slow read

Mare is still annoying. Why couldn't we get a different heroine :(

You think Mare is going to end up with Cal?

I agree Carver's power is pretty scary but..."

Yeah I liked the truth that Cameron said too. I mentioned it in my spoilers. And I agree about Mare. All YA heroines are really annoying.

83% (view spoiler)

86% (view spoiler)

90% (view spoiler)

This book's really reminding me of The Young Elites. Like exactly the same.

Finished

Review: Mare really reeeeeally knows how to annoy me! This is just a typical YA book with a typical YA heroine, but I really enjoyed it despite those. This really reminded me of The Young Elites. The differences were hardly decipherable. I like the whole newblood scene going on, but the (view spoiler) I like the way we met a whole heap of new characters, but Mare just really bugged me. (view spoiler) And it's so true. I don't get why (view spoiler) One thing that I really didn't get was how (view spoiler) She's so frustrating. The start of the book was a little slow, but near the middle it sped up, which was nice. There was also a whole lot of betrayal in this book. (view spoiler) Sad that (view spoiler) Anyway done with my rage :p Can't wait for the next book.

message 26: by v.v (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v OK I'm done! That was a really slow read. I'll post my read tomorrow, but I completely agree with what you said.

Kinda diminishes your hope for the next book doesn't it?

Wow you just finished it? XD Must have really bored you.

And I'm actually still really excited. I gave them both 5 stars haha.

message 28: by v.v (last edited Aug 11, 2016 09:41AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v It did plus I had to read some ARCs during so I finished that as well :D

Review: I would have to disagree with you a bit :D Mare was a typical YA heroine but I still couldn't like her. But I do feel a little sad because of her (view spoiler) I actually didn't see much Young Elites initially, but looking back I can see the similarities. Going to go re-read the book again. I thought this was similar to The Selection. not the story line but the personality.

Mare is definitely not my favorite character but I like all the other characters. I even liked Maven, not because he's a good guy but he's a really good villain. Like Joeffery from GoT. Cal is amazing and should not, in anyway end up with Mare. I would love to see more of Cameron and Nanny in the next book! (view spoiler) I wish the structure of YA books could change.

Oh and I don't like how we didn't get to see what happened to the children. Or how Mare was turning into a cold and cynical solider.

The book felt really slow, even after the halfway point but I still enjoyed it more than Red Queen. I think because it brought out so much emotion, mostly frustration, sadness and anger. (view spoiler) This book wasn't terrible, and I do want to read the next book :)

Yeah I want to read the next book too. I really enjoyed it though. I agree about the kids, and also this statement: 'It's like she was just reinforcing that she's the main character and doesn't need anyone else. I wish the structure of YA books could change.' 100% agree.

message 30: by v.v (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v The next book is REALLY far away! Thanks for reading this series so far with me!

No worries! Thank you for the same thing haha.

And it's not too far, is it? Only a few months?

message 32: by v.v (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v no it February next year

Yeah that's fine haha. Only like 6 months.

message 34: by v.v (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v That's true :) But probably going to forget everything before the next book comes out.

Yeah same haha. We'll see though.