Landscapes of Ink discussion

Cruel Crown (Red Queen, #0.1-0.2)
This topic is about Cruel Crown
Buddy Reads > Red Queen novellas: Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard - Starting 31 July

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 334 comments Mod
v.v and I will be reading Cruel Crown :)

I know I said I'd be reading this today but I'm starting it tomorrow so I can count it for August challenges.

Starting this in about an hour. Won't be updating much either because I'm reading on the bus, so I'll probably just respond to your spoilers.

20% through (view spoiler)

I'm exactly halfway through.

Queen Song (view spoiler)

Start of Steel Scars (view spoiler)

Finished

Review: Eh this one was alright. I started off really liking it, but the abruptness or Queen Song was really surprising. I wasn't that emotionally connected either. I'm glad I read it after Red Queen or it'd be rather confusing. I was surprised that (view spoiler) In Steel Scars, I quite liked the revelation that (view spoiler) One thing I didn't like was all of the Decoded messages. They were kind of confusing to follow. Glad I read these two though. Started Glass Sword already which is catching my attention :)

message 7: by v.v (last edited Aug 03, 2016 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v I just read this in one go cause i had the time to just sit and read it.

I agree with you, it wasn't as good as the first book. Farley's story was quite boring actually, the dialogue was boring the action was not really there. Shade was nice, (view spoiler) The technical speak was really irritating and hard to read.

I wish this could be a bit longer so we can get to know the characters better or see some development.

message 8: by v.v (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v I actually like the Queen Song, it was MUCH better than Stars of Steel Scars. I like how it more political/emotional than action based.

I like the romance between Corriane and Tibe, it was really sweet while it lasted.

I get why you didn't like but she was selfish just at the end. In the beginning she had some real nice character development. She was really weak but became a lot stronger and owned up to her life. And then she fell again and let her life waste away.

Yeah I suppose, but I feel like I enjoyed Steel Scars better because there was more plot twists, and it was more insightful. Like, Farley's still alive, while Coriane's not.

message 10: by v.v (new) - rated it 3 stars

v.v That's true but Coriane gave us a little bit of background.

Yeah that's true. I'm glad I read Red Queen first, or I'd be so confused.