What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's novel with the boy protagonist named Tulip?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tori (new)

Tori (gofortori) | 8 comments I remember reading either a children's book or a novel in which the main character was a young boy named Tulip. I think he made everyone call him T, and there was a passage about how his parents originally tried to pronounce it as French, like "Tulippe", but it didn't catch on. Obviously getting teased for his name is a detail in the book, but I can't remember any more plot points than that. Any help would be appreciated!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40227 comments Mod
What year did you read it? Author male or female?

message 3: by Tori (new)

Tori (gofortori) | 8 comments I'm not sure. It was a long time ago! I would guess the author was female but I can't say for sure.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Closer to 2005, 1995, 1985, or 1935?

message 5: by Tori (new)

Tori (gofortori) | 8 comments It seemed like an older book to me, so I would guess 1985 or 1995. I know for sure it wasn't as old as 1935.

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments What country were you in when you read this book? Language?

What time period/location does the story take place?
Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?
Was it a mystery, coming of age, fantasy, etc?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Tori, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Tori (new)

Tori (gofortori) | 8 comments Yes I’m still looking for this! I don’t think it was part of series, probably coming of age plot line.