Sara K's Best Muh Ukin Book Club EVER discussion

books out side of the book club

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara K | 98 comments Mod
hello and this will be where people can talk about books they want to read, have read, are confused about, but not the book in the book club that will be talked about in the first comment section we have, hopefully this will help sort everything out

message 2: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena Henriquez (openbookk) | 99 comments You're so considerate ❤️ and I hope all of this helps you decrease your stress :) we just want you to be happy.

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 29 comments yesss. well I've bought the psychopath test, wind-up bird chronicles and reasons to stay alive. cannot wait to dig in and start feeling all sorts!

message 4: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) Yay Natalie I'm currently reading the Wind-Up Bird, can't wait for you to read it so we can discuss it with Sara :)

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara K | 98 comments Mod
Yes!! I'm in love with the windup bird chronicle and can't wait to finish it! It's a long book but Its been amazing the entire way... When someone sees it in my hand and asks what it's about... I'm like, damn haha I don't even know where to start

message 6: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) omg yes haha two people asked me what its about and i was like uhmm.. well.. there's this guy.. and hmmm and i cant describe it haha they just have to read it. i still dont know noboru wataya's secret tho !! and i'm on page 670 of 862 (copy translated in greek)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm sorry my lovely ladies! I haven't been keeping up with the two new threads, I've just found out they exist! Hello!!!

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 29 comments Is The Psychopath Test fiction or just part of Ronson's life? I love how he's comical with his/the characters anxiety! it makes my own feel more rational :P
only on chapter 2 as I'm a slow reader, but I'm always itching to read more when I'm unable to! eek

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

The psychopath test is non fiction, it's based on Jon's real life experiences Natalie :) I LOVED IT

message 10: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 29 comments omgosh that makes it even better then! I thought it might of been non-fiction but it's so bizarre P:

message 11: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) I just finished The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, it left me with a bit of an enigmatic feeling but it was excellent !! And now I'm left without a book arghhh my next book hasn't arrived yet

message 12: by Lexy (new)

Lexy (bookybee) | 60 comments I'm really interested in reading the psychopath test!! I swear I used to own it or once got it from the library because whenever I see the cover I know I've held it in my hands before, but never got a chance to read it or even knew what it was about!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh mary, I've added that book to my list to buy, did you enjoy it??!! Lexy it is SO GOOD

message 14: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) Yes I did !! It got me really hooked near the ending, I don't want to spoil anything but the ending didn't quite satisfy me and many questions weren't answered but it still is an excellent book !!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohh I always get so frustrated when that happens haha!! Because i always need answers to my questions! I hope you're well and having a great day or night girl <3

message 16: by Jade (new)

Jade | 18 comments Hey loves haven't been on here for a while but im still reading of course! Have a question!!!

Have any of you read 'The Butterfly Garden' I recently got it and i read a little about it in the description and it sounded supper interesting! Have any of you read it or herd of it!?

message 17: by Campbell (new)

Campbell (cvmpbell) | 10 comments While I wait for a friend to loan me her copy of this month's book, I picked up a couple to keep me occupied. A dear friend of mine whom works at a bookstore recommended "Brain on Fire" and I haven't put it down since I bought it earlier today. I'm currently fighting off sleep so I can continue reading.

I also bought Haruki Murakami's memoir after I kept hearing so many good things about "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle." I read the first sentence of the description on the back and knew I'd love it.

"An intimate look at writing, running, and the incredible way they intersect..." Obviously not a heart-wrenching sentence or anything but if you knew me you'd know there are two things that keep me going in this magical life-- writing and long-distance running.

I'd love to hear what anybody else thought/thinks about these books!

message 18: by Sara (new)

Sara K | 98 comments Mod
Mary wrote: "Yes I did !! It got me really hooked near the ending, I don't want to spoil anything but the ending didn't quite satisfy me and many questions weren't answered but it still is an excellent book !!"

im still reading it ahhhh haha its been so hard for me to follow along with eveything that is going on that its been taking me FOREVER to finish the damn thing!!! hahaha i love it though, so much

message 19: by Sara (new)

Sara K | 98 comments Mod
Campbell wrote: "While I wait for a friend to loan me her copy of this month's book, I picked up a couple to keep me occupied. A dear friend of mine whom works at a bookstore recommended "Brain on Fire" and I haven..."

i am reading the wind up bird right now and i am in love with it, ive got a couple other of his books that im going to read too. i really like how his mind works and i found so many amazing quote and just life references throughout the book so far that is blows my mind so i think the fact he slips in little things like that for the reader to take away shows how intelligent and smart he really is

message 20: by Emily (new)

Emily | 30 comments Hey y'all! Been awhile since I've input. All of the constant activity is a but overwhelming to say the least. What sort of non fiction books do you guys like? I love reading human morality type books and the science of hands on learning and educational techniques and stuff but a lot of historical masculine POV stuff I can't really get into :/ I've been trying to read "The Right Stuff" by Tom Wolfe on account of me doing my pal's summer homework for her and it is very boring. It's like the point of view of a man just getting off track and telling stories about people that don't come up again. Have any of you read it?

message 21: by Skye (new)

Skye Abrahams | 7 comments I read Brain On Fire about 3 months ago and it was amazing, I want to read more psychological books, besides the Psychopath Test are their any other recommendations on books like that?

message 22: by Campbell (new)

Campbell (cvmpbell) | 10 comments Skye wrote: "I read Brain On Fire about 3 months ago and it was amazing, I want to read more psychological books, besides the Psychopath Test are their any other recommendations on books like that?"

I recently finished up Brain On Fire as well and really enjoyed it. Pretty much anything by Oliver Sacks is a safe bet. I've read a lot of his books and cases and they've all been super interesting. The Mind's Eye and Hallucinations are both really good!

message 23: by l0v3l3tt3rs (new)

l0v3l3tt3rs (shadowhunting_books) | 1 comments I'm a little bit late to the party and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to read all of these to the deadline... That being said when is he deadline for all of these books???

message 24: by kaleigh (new)

kaleigh munsterman (leighhhhh) | 2 comments Campbell wrote: "While I wait for a friend to loan me her copy of this month's book, I picked up a couple to keep me occupied. A dear friend of mine whom works at a bookstore recommended "Brain on Fire" and I haven..."

Who's the author of Brain on Fire?

message 25: by Maitha (new)

Maitha (maitha-reads) | 19 comments Haven't been in the book club for long time.. what book are we reading now?! I need to catchup with you guys xoxo

message 26: by Harley (new)

Harley Hodges | 1 comments are y'all still doing this or

message 27: by Maitha (new)

Maitha (maitha-reads) | 19 comments Yeah, what happened, why the club stop adding new book to read or do a after read discuss?

message 28: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) Sara has been inactive so the book club is kinda dead

message 29: by Lexy (new)

Lexy (bookybee) | 60 comments Makes me kinda sad lol I really miss all the chatting! I mean we can still have this book club going and Sara can pop in every now and then but we don't really have a set way of adding books and stuff

message 30: by Maitha (new)

Maitha (maitha-reads) | 19 comments Yeah, true .. well hopefully someday soon, sara will come back and bring this book club to life

message 31: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 7 comments Hey guys! I just wanted to get y'all opinion on the book "A million little pieces". I'm thinking about reading it but as I'm about to buy it I'm seeing bad reviews. So without spoiling it!! Let me know how it is?
Ty!

message 32: by Maitha (new)

Maitha (maitha-reads) | 19 comments @ Britt ... I think for us the group, we almost all liked it.. for me I liked it , its a good book, totally worth the read, it a book that you will get something to learn after reading it.

message 33: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 7 comments @Maitha : Awesome that will be my next purchase to read. I got "The Wasp Factory" tonight and so far it's also a great book too! Have you read that one?

message 34: by Maitha (new)

Maitha (maitha-reads) | 19 comments @Brittany no never heard of it, I will look it up & see if Its catch my interest

message 35: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 7 comments @Maitha : Its by Iain Banks, hope you like it!

message 36: by Maitha (new)

Maitha (maitha-reads) | 19 comments It seems like a good book, lots of positive reviews, I add it to my buy list

message 37: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 7 comments Hey how is everyone? What is everybody reading?

message 38: by Skye (new)

Skye Abrahams | 7 comments I'm reading the Apartment by S. L. Grey, it's okay I'm reading it because it's been on my bookshelf for ever. But I'm just started Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant it's very interesting, each character is so different and complex, so far definitely recommend. Lastly, I'm reading Are You There Alone? it covers the whole Andrea Yates case start from finish, very very good.

message 39: by Maitha (new)

Maitha (maitha-reads) | 19 comments Am reading Vicious by V.E Schwab, its a really interesting book, about EO & Hero & Villain, and the book I read before it was Bright Side by Kim Holden, omg you guys its sooo good, it made me cry a lot, you can read my review about it, it don't have spoilers , I totally recommend it.

message 40: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 7 comments Bright side? I loveee heart touching books! Ill look that one up!

message 41: by Maitha (new)

Maitha (maitha-reads) | 19 comments Briit, yes u should u will love it

message 42: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (daydreamer_wandering) | 3 comments yay!

message 43: by I (new)

I Are (iareabook) | 1 comments Guys! The best book ever: Read it to believe it.
"I are..." ...the confession of a mastermind or proof of abnormality?

A shocking autobiography which intends to create history.

message 44: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments I'm going to the book store tomorrow and getting most of the books you recommend in your videos I'm so excited!!!!

message 45: by Urii (new)

Urii | 1 comments Im gonna read a book called zoology by ben dolnick never heard of it just found it in my room so yeh