Sara K's Best Muh Ukin Book Club EVER discussion

life and only life

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara K | 98 comments Mod
hello everyone this is the comment section for everyone to talk about life and anything else that has nothing to do with books hahha

message 2: by leona (new)

leona (leonaweibel) | 12 comments

message 3: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena Henriquez (openbookk) | 99 comments The chat room, thank you Sara ! Hope you're doing good girl !

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 29 comments awesome! this should help a lot with organising thoughts and reply. hope you're settled back in after your trip Sera :)

message 5: by Lexy (new)

Lexy (bookybee) | 60 comments So glad we have different chats now it'll feel more organized and less confusing! Thanks Sara!!

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily Parkes | 36 comments Shalom friends!! How is everyone doing? :) I'm flying home tomorrow, so I will have plenty of time to read the book!

message 7: by Lexy (new)

Lexy (bookybee) | 60 comments Hi Emily! I'm doing well, had the day off today and I've just been reading and cleaning up my home. A nice relaxing day!! Glad you're going to have lots of reading time- that's exciting!!

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 29 comments Woke up with an anxiety attack at 4am this morning, so I'm meeting an old friend for lunch and then delving into a book a family member has written! he wrote it 2 years ago... about time I read it!
hope everyone has a good day x

message 9: by leona (new)

leona (leonaweibel) | 12 comments Hi everyone! Sorry for being so unactive everywhere. I'm not reading the book this bookclub chose, so I feel like I don't really belong here yet :/ maybe I can find the swedish version of the next book in our local library! I actually found "the wasp factory" translated into swedish here, "getingfabriken" hehee

Natalie I hope you're feeling alright now, anxiety attacks ain't that fun :|.
And also, I'm wishing for everyone to have a peaceful day/night/morning, whatever your local time says. :)

message 10: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Tate hey everyone hope everyones is doing well I just had sushi w my sister amd went shopping unfortunately I dont think im going to continue reading a million little pieces right now since I have school starting in a month which means hard core studying time (ahaha thanks IB program) anyways talk y'all later :) lovin the new chats

message 11: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) Hey girls, yay for separate threads! I'm currently reading my book (so surprising) and I wish the neighbor could turn off the radio so I can concentrate because this is my favorite reading spot arghhh

There are some times I feel kinda lonely, everyone who returned to the city for vacation are hanging out with their friends everyday, going to the beach, having some late night cocktails etc. I have literally no friends left in this city anymore, and the friends that I have are either with their boyfriends/girlfriends or in other cities. I love my suburban grandma's house but I wish I could just hang out with someone somewhere even once a week...

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara K | 98 comments Mod
Mary I have literally no friends either haha we can enjoy our books together just in different parts of the world!

message 13: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) Haha books connect us !! My ex hasnt texted me, its the first vacation he doesnt and im actually glad.. But i just dont get it, he doesnt respect his parents at all, he is a little anti-social, yet his parents treat him like a king and he has a lot of friends and generally his life is SO EASY.

Why do some people have such conveniences with zero effort? It's not fair.

message 14: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 29 comments Thank you Leona! :) Had a lovely day with my friend. We went to primary school together and have both had our fair share of life experiences. she's a lovely girl. must try and meet with her more as I'm like others here... friends aren't that easy to come by, well true friends that is ;)

I'm having a nap by the fire and then reading! Enjoy your day everyone x

message 15: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 29 comments Mary, try not to feel angry over his selfish life style. many of his friends will probably not help him if he was to get into trouble. it's horrible to judge and say that, but most of the time it's true.
you really see who matters when you need someone the most.
sending you a huge ass hug <3

message 16: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) Natalie thank you, all the things you said are true. And thanks for the big ass hug haha <3 You said nap by the fire, where do you live?? Because its so hot here haha I wish I lived in a colder climate

message 17: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 29 comments No problem ;)
I live in England! at the moment it's quite warm, but I like to wear shorts, and it's not warm enough for that. It was 33 degrees last week and that's the hottest it's been in the UK for a looong time!

message 18: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena Henriquez (openbookk) | 99 comments Hello beauties, I hope all of you are well.
What's new ? I felt weird recently cause it feels as if I haven't heard nor written to the book club in a while.

Mary, I'm sorry you feel lonely. It's terrible to feel like that especially when you do have people in your lives. I wish we could hang out, go to little bookstores and coffee shops. You're not alone. We're here. I don't have too many friends, plus they're all always so busy, which is understandable but it also sucks sometimes cause you just want someone to hang out with.

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends".
You'll find someone to hang out with soon, just read for now. Enjoy the Magic within your books.

And try not to waste your time and emotions in someone's bad ways. I know it's hard because you two were together. Trust me, I know how difficult that can be. Just let him be, hopefully one day he'll learn.

message 19: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) Magdalena thanks for all the support, this group is amazing <3 its true that when i read nothing matters and everything looks so much less important. When I was younger I was always so strong and confident I never thought it would even be possible for me to feel that way. It sucks how adulthood slaps you in the face in so many ways, one of them is that you can lose yourself in situations like this but when I do things that I love like reading, drawing, being in nature, and not thinking about things like stupid boys I truly feel myself again.

Sometimes I feel like my 14 year old self was wiser than I am now, which is funny and doesn't make sense because we learn as we grow old, but I've done some stupid things that my younger self would never do and I want to be that Mary again, the strong, self-healing, fearless Mary that doesn't care about anything that is toxic to her :) Again thanks girls and keep reading, I love you all <3 ❤️❤️

message 20: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena Henriquez (openbookk) | 99 comments Of course Hun. <3
Honestly I know what you mean, I understand how you feel. When I was younger I felt strong, confident, and smarter too.
But I think you probably don't feel the same way because you've been hurt. You're hurting now, and that's okay. Let yourself heal, and you'll feel better soon. However, you are a very wise and strong girl!
You've been hurt lately, that's all.

message 21: by Campbell (new)

Campbell (cvmpbell) | 10 comments Mary, you definitely feel more free-spirited when you're younger. But as cliche as it is-- you certainly grow wiser with age! You feel so much smarter in your younger years because your expanse of knowledge is still so limited. As the years go on, you start to realize you've just hit the very tip of the iceberg. It's awful but at the same time so great because there's so much more to be curious about.

On an unrelated note, I'm glad everyone else is having such pleasant weather wherever they are because it is an absolute GONGSHOW over here.

And on that note, nice to finally chat with everyone! haha

message 22: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena Henriquez (openbookk) | 99 comments Hi Campbell! nicely said, the older you get the wiser you become and you realize so much.
Where do you reside ?? cause where I live, "its hot as satan balls".

message 23: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) Campbell you are absolutely right! I didn't know much about real life back then, that's why I was so happy and strong and original to myself. I wish I could still be this way no matter the circumstances.

message 24: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena Henriquez (openbookk) | 99 comments Campbell, I like your name.. I just realized I don't come across your name too often !

message 25: by Campbell (new)

Campbell (cvmpbell) | 10 comments I live in Edmonton, Canada. We've been having these intense thunderstorms nearly every day. I'll ride my bike to a cafe and it's so beautiful and sunny out and as soon as I step inside-- it's thunder and hail and sideways rains. Though it's not so bad being trapped inside a cafe with a good book for an hour or two, haha.

And thank you!!

message 26: by Campbell (new)

Campbell (cvmpbell) | 10 comments Mary, ughh that's the dream. If I could stay unaffected and carefree for the remainder of my life I would be so down.

message 27: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena Henriquez (openbookk) | 99 comments Campbell wrote: "I live in Edmonton, Canada. We've been having these intense thunderstorms nearly every day. I'll ride my bike to a cafe and it's so beautiful and sunny out and as soon as I step inside-- it's thund..."

oh no way! That sounds amazing, it sounds so therapeutic. I live in California, United Staes, and it's very hot here at the moment. It's 97 degrees over here.

message 28: by Sai (new)

Sai | 33 comments Helloooo beautiful people, its been a while. Hope life is treating you all well :) i think I can never thank anyone/everyone enough for writing all these magnificent books that i get to read, because without books, i honestly don't know where my safe haven would be in this world that's constantly changing.

message 29: by Campbell (new)

Campbell (cvmpbell) | 10 comments Oh mah gad, that is so hot, haha. It can get pretty hot here, but it usually hovers around 80 or so. I visited Santa Monica/LA a couple years ago but it was in December so it wasn't too bad. Those beaches though. So jelly.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my goodness me, I had no idea this thread existed! I'm so sorry girls, I'm still here. Hello!!! How are you all? How are your days going? <3

message 31: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena Henriquez (openbookk) | 99 comments Collette we've missed you, it hasn't been the same without your lovely words !

message 32: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) Welcome back Collette, we've missed you angel <3

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Awwwwwww thank you for your comments girls, you are both far too lovely. Missed you's as well !!

message 34: by Lexy (new)

Lexy (bookybee) | 60 comments Hi girls hope you are all doing well!! My day has been a little chaotic took my boyfriend to the urologist and found out he needs surgery relatively soon. Pretty panicked but it's awhile from now thankfully!! On the brightside, I've got a lot of reading in today and spent time at home with our cat. Nice chill (even though it's hotter than hell outside) day!!

message 35: by Serafina (new)

Serafina (pastacarbonara) | 8 comments one thing though, could we stop saying hi girls etc though we don't know if everyone identifies as a girl? i just want everyone to feel as comfortable here as possible

message 36: by Serafina (new)

Serafina (pastacarbonara) | 8 comments and btw Leona i'm also swedish and i downloaded the book!! you can always buy it online or so, if you don't prefer reading the swedish version

message 37: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) Everyone here is a girl, if a guy shows up of course we will change the greeting haha

message 38: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) At least the people who leave comments I mean!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi guys
Im noor iraqi born in uk --- basically i have no social life or real friends however im okay with that because i have had a taste of what fake friends are.... nice to meet everyone

message 40: by Serafina (new)

Serafina (pastacarbonara) | 8 comments but I don't identify myself as a girl and I might not be the only one and it makes me quite uncomfortable, so it would be really kind if someone just said hey friends or so .. thats all im asking

message 41: by Serafina (new)

Serafina (pastacarbonara) | 8 comments but I don't identify myself as a girl and I might not be the only one and it makes me quite uncomfortable, so it would be really kind if someone just said hey friends or so .. thats all im asking

message 42: by Maryland (new)

Maryland (marylaandd) If it bothers you so much, it's ok from me to use another greeting :)

message 43: by Serafina (new)

Serafina (pastacarbonara) | 8 comments thank you that means so much for me!!!

message 44: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 29 comments Hello Noor! We're all pretty open and honest here and so chat to us anytime :D x

message 45: by Lexy (new)

Lexy (bookybee) | 60 comments I didn't mean any offense to the "hi girls" greeting, I just thought most of the people commenting on these threads seemed to be females, so far at least. But it's wrong to assume, I apologize! I'll definitely stray from saying that from now on.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a lovely day!

message 46: by Serafina (new)

Serafina (pastacarbonara) | 8 comments no worries at all <3<3

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Natalie wrote: "Hello Noor! We're all pretty open and honest here and so chat to us anytime :D x"

awwwww thanks appreciate it

message 48: by Skye (new)

Skye Abrahams | 7 comments Hi! I'm a new member, I love how nice you all are to each other and positive :) since I joined so late I'll just read the next book but I just wanted to say hi!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you're all having a beautiful day, welcome Skye :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Skye wrote: "Hi! I'm a new member, I love how nice you all are to each other and positive :) since I joined so late I'll just read the next book but I just wanted to say hi!"

hi nice to meet you Skye

« previous 1 3