Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Is anyone still active here on GR?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan I keep looking through Goodreads hoping to get more responses from my posts, but haven't received anything in awhile.

Goodreads seems kinda quiet lately.

Give me some good books to read! Tell me about your favorite book or author. Tell me what you're currently reading. Let me know!

I'm currently reading 'All the Light We Cannot See' by Anthony Doerr. It's very good, so far.

Let's get some excitement going here on Goodreads!! Tell me something!

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 10 comments I check Goodreads every day. This warm weather has me outside reading a lot. I have recently posted about my six top books read so far in 2016: https://fictionophile.wordpress.com/2...

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments I get on a few times a day or when I can. Its been busy for me lately but I try to make time for Goodreads.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan You enjoy reading outside with the warm weather? :o/

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Justin wrote: "I get on a few times a day or when I can. Its been busy for me lately but I try to make time for Goodreads."

I hear ya, but still make time for GR. Gotta leave time for books :o)

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 10 comments Megan wrote: "You enjoy reading outside with the warm weather? :o/"
Yes Megan. I'm very lucky in that I have a cottage near the ocean.
There is a photo of my favorite reading spot at the top of this blog post: https://fictionophile.wordpress.com/2...

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan That's awesome! It looks so relaxing. Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 10 comments Megan wrote: "That's awesome! It looks so relaxing. Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?"
I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia but our cottage is in a little place called Cape John, Nova Scotia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Jo...

message 9: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 40 comments Are authors allowed to comment? I have a ton of titles available on Amazon Kindle - well, eighteen right now, and another any day. Here's my latest. Love Denied. Btw, sales are not very fast...
Please delete if this post is against the spirit of the thread.

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan Margaret wrote: "Are authors allowed to comment? I have a ton of titles available on Amazon Kindle - well, eighteen right now, and another any day. Here's my latest. Love Denied. Btw, sales are not ..."

Of course they are! The more, the merrier! :o)

Ill look into your books, thanks!!

message 11: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Ami | 15 comments I've been busy moving... but I'm still active on GR :D

message 12: by Crystal Lake (new)

Crystal Lake Publishing (crystallakepublishing) | 34 comments I am. Always. ;-)

message 13: by Hákon (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 8 comments I may not be quite as active as I was when I first came to this site, but I'm still quite active. I always like to talk about books.

message 14: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Wells | 7 comments Give me some good books to read! Tell m..."

Hi Megan: Would you be interested in reading an advanced reader copy of my thriller, Atone for the Ivory Cloud? It is a story of lovers surviving impossible physical, virtual and cultural obstacles in a world where cybercrime is running the arms-for-ivory trade.

message 15: by Raffy (new)

Raffy Perez (jambelin09) | 6 comments Megan wrote: "I keep looking through Goodreads hoping to get more responses from my posts, but haven't received anything in awhile.

Goodreads seems kinda quiet lately.

Give me some good books to read! Tell m..."

I'm reading The Summer That Melted Everything!! It's good so far.

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Bryan | 5 comments Fictionophile wrote: "Megan wrote: "That's awesome! It looks so relaxing. Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?"
I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia but our cottage is in a little place called Cape John, Nova Scoti..."

I live in Halifax as well! Hiya neightbour :) Looks like a great reading list you have there. If you want to add to it, let me know, lol. Enjoy all the great weather we are having this week.

Rather.be.reading1 (rather_be_reading1) I have started a new blog recently called Hungry for Books. It combines books & food, it doesn't get any better than that! Just trying to get myself out there. Thank you. The link is---- http://hungry-for-books1.tumblr.com/

message 18: by John (new)

John Meszaros | 11 comments I've just started getting more into the "chatty" side of Goodreads, and it seems like people are coming back to the forums now.

Right now I've been reading a lot of books on cryptids and other supernatural phenomena for a blog I'm writing. I just got done browsing through American Monsters by Linda S. Godfrey, which is just sort of a big mishmash of monster sightings throughout America. The reports are a bit sketchy, but it makes for interesting reading if one is into folklore.

I'm also currently making my way through The End of the Story, an anthology of stories by the fantasy pulp writer Clark Ashton Smith.