The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > Cities of the World - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Lanelle | 15509 comments Mod
description

Rio de Janeiro is one of the most visited cities in the Southern Hemisphere and is known for its natural settings, beaches, the giant statue of Christ the Redeemer, and Maracanã Stadium (one of the world's largest football stadiums).

Rio de Janeiro will host the 2016 Summer Olympics and the 2016 Summer Paralympics.

Below is a list of places to visit in Rio de Janeiro.
You can read as many or as few as you want.
You can read one of each or focus on two or three sights.
No page limit. Re-reads are okay.
Duration : August 1 - 31, 2016

Christ the Redeemer Statue - read a book that you find inspirational
Jardim Botânico - read a book with lots of trees on the cover
Ipanema Beach - read a book with a title starts with an 'I'
Sugar Loaf Mountain - read a book with a sweet character
Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - read a book set in the past
Maracana Stadium - read a book with an athlete in it
Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle) - read a book with a large building on the cover
Barra Shopping Center - read a book that you purchased
Flamengo Park - read a book with a red and/or black cover
Selarón Steps - read a book with an artist in it
Sao Bento Monastery - read a book where a main character vows to do something
Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - read a book set in a large city
Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) - read a book published in 2015 or 2016
Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - read a book with an elected official in it
Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages
Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) - read a book with water on the cover

message 2: by Michelle's Empty Nest (last edited Sep 03, 2016 08:23AM) (new)

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 98 comments ~Michelle~'s Cities of the World - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Duration: August 1 - 31, 2016
Completed: 15/16

***Ending Challenge with 1 Task Left ~ 8-31-2016***

No page limit.

Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things|Jenny Lawson 8-1-2016 | 3*
Innocent Blood|Michael Lister 8-21-2016 | 3*
The Cereal Murders|Diane Mott Davidson 8-15-2016 | 3*
Tsura|Heather Anastasiu 8-10-2016 | 4*
Dare Me|Megan Abbott 8-30-2016 | 2*
Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle) - read a book with a large building on the cover
A March of Kings|Morgan Rice 8-27-2016 | 2*
The Dog Stars|Peter Heller 8-12-2016 | 4*
Perfect|Rachel Joyce 8-6-2016 | 3*
Girl With a Pearl Earring|Tracy Chevalier 8-18-2016 | 3*
1984|George Orwell 8-9-2016 | 4*
Triptych|Karin Slaughter 8-4-2016 | 4*
Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) - read a book published in 2015 or 2016
Eligible|Curtis Sittenfeld 8-7-2016 | 3*
Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - read a book with an elected official in it
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency|Alexander McCall Smith 8-22-2016 | 4*
Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages
Divergent|Veronica Roth 8-11-2016 | 5*
Cold Mountain|Charles Frazier 8-2-2016 | 3*

message 3: by Joann (last edited Aug 27, 2016 07:30PM) (new)

Joann You can read as many or as few as you want.
No page limit. Duration : August 1 - 31, 2016

Progress: 12

Jardim Botânico - read a book with lots of trees on the cover As Death Draws Near (Lady Darby, #5) by Anna Lee Huber
Sugar Loaf Mountain - read a book with a sweet character Maisie Dobbs
Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - read a book set in the past Kindred
Barra Shopping Center - read a book that you purchased Summer by the Sea
Flamengo Park - read a book with a red and/or black cover An Unsuitable Job for a Woman (Cordelia Gray, #1) by P.D. James
Selarón Steps - read a book with an artist in it The Little Flower Shop by the Sea
Sao Bento Monastery - read a book where a main character vows to do something The Sweetness of Forgetting
Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - read a book set in a large city Wouldn't It Be Deadly
Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) - read a book published in 2015 or 2016The Nest
Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - read a book with an elected official in it The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages Outlander
Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) - read a book with water on the cover The Beach Club by Elin Hilderbrand

message 4: by Kathy (last edited Aug 31, 2016 10:11PM) (new)

Kathy Cities of the World - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Rio de Janeiro is one of the most visited cities in the Southern Hemisphere and is known for its natural settings, beaches, the giant statue of Christ the Redeemer, and Maracanã Stadium (one of the world's largest football stadiums).

Rio de Janeiro will host the 2016 Summer Olympics and the 2016 Summer Paralympics.

Below is a list of places to visit in Rio de Janeiro.
You can read as many or as few as you want.
No page limit. Re-reads are okay.
Duration : August 1 - 31, 2016

- It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell - 8/9 ****
Sugar Loaf Mountain - read a book with a sweet character - You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott - 8/18 ****
Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - read a book set in the past - The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson- 8/20 ***
Maracana Stadium - read a book with an athlete in it - Concussion by Jeanne Marie Laskas - 8/8 ****
Flamengo Park - read a book with a red and/or black cover - A Thousand Naked Strangers: A Paramedic’s Wild Ride to the Edge and Back by Kevin Hazzard - 8/11 ****
Selarón Steps - read a book with an artist in it - Lisette's List by Susan Vreeland - 8/25 ***
Sao Bento Monastery - read a book where a main character vows to do something - Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart - 8/12 ****
Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - read a book set in a large city - A Cup of Friendship by Deborah Rodriguez - 8/21 ****
Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) - read a book published in 2015 or 2016 - Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - 8/3 **** / Damaged by Lisa Scottoline - 8/28 *** / The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood - 8/29 ***** / The Drowning Girls by Paula Treick DeBoard - 8/30 ****
Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - read a book with an elected official in it - Dodgers by Bill Beverly - 8/6 ****
Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages - Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty - 8/1 ****
Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) - read a book with water on the cover - In the Water They Can't See You Cry: A Memoir by Amanda Beard - 8/22 ***

message 5: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited Aug 23, 2016 10:14AM) (new)

Lanelle | 15509 comments Mod
I'm in for this challenge.
Duration: August 1 -31, 2016

I'm going to focus on:
the Santa Teresa - read a book set in the past
and
the Praca XV de Novembro - read a book set in a large city
1. Falling for Chloe 8/3/16 *** (early 1800's London)
2. An Elephant in the Garden 8/6/16 **** (set in WWII)
3. The Fall of Five 8/22/16 **** (Chicago)

message 6: by JoAnne (last edited Sep 02, 2016 07:33PM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2472 comments Read 13/16 DONE!

Love's New Beginning (Wilderness Hearts Romance #1) by Dorothy Wiley Love's New Beginning (Wilderness Hearts Romance #1) by Dorothy Wiley 8/17/16 5stars

A Better Man (Sunshine Creek Vineyard, #1) by Candis Terry A Better Man (Sunshine Creek Vineyard #1) by Candis Terry 8/5/16 4stars

The Girl He Used to Love by Amy Vastine The Girl He Used to Love (Grace Notes Records #1) by Amy Vastine 8/6/16 5stars (Faith)

Her Enemy at the Altar by Virginia Heath Her Enemy at the Altar by Virginia Heath 8/5/16 4stars (London and England - 1815)

Learning to Ride by Erin Knightley Learning to Ride by Erin Knightley 8/3/16 3.5stars (Tanner - Rodeo King)

The Way Home by Katherine Spencer The Way Home (Angel Island #4) by Katherine Spencer 8/2616 4stars (the inn fills up most of the cover)

Twin Heirs to His Throne (Billionaires and Babies, #65) by Olivia Gates Twin Heirs to His Throne (Billionaires and Babies #65) by Olivia Gates 8/2/16 4stars

My Kind of Wonderful (Cedar Ridge, #2) by Jill Shalvis My Kind of Wonderful (Cedar Ridge #2) by Jill Shalvis 8/9/16 4stars (Bailey)

The Texas Takedown by Kathryn Brocato The Texas Takedown by Kathryn Brocato 8/7/16 4stars (Berry to solve her brother's murder and Tyler - her brother's best friend and roommate in college - to help her)

The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck 8/13/16 4stars (Birmingham, Alabama)

Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1) by Jill Shalvis Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge #1) by Jill Shalvis 8/8/16 4stars (June 30, 2015)

Ever After (Love to the Rescue, #3) by Rachel Lacey Ever After (Love to the Rescue #3) by Rachel Lacey 8/10/16 4stars (Sheriff Donny Linburgh)

The Summer of Me by Angela Benson The Summer of Me by Angela Benson 8/8/16 4stars

message 7: by Barbara ★ (last edited Aug 27, 2016 07:39PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 1966 comments I'm at work and can't really check out what I can do so I'll commit to 5 and hope for more.

READ: 9/5

✔Ipanema Beach - read a book with a title starts with an 'I'
It's a Wonderful Wife - Janet Chapman 8/13

✔Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - read a book set in the past
Dark Passage - M.J. Putney (1803/1940) 8/15

✔Barra Shopping Center - read a book that you purchased
The Temptation - Cheyenne McCray 8/21

✔Selarón Steps - read a book with an artist in it
Stone Cold Lover - Christine Warren (painter) 8/16

✔Sao Bento Monastery - read a book where a main character vows to do something
Changes - Jim Butcher 8/24
(hero vows to save his daughter regardless of the cost to himself)

✔Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - read a book set in a large city
Circle of Death - Keri Arthur (Melbourne, Australia) 8/18

✔Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) - read a book published in 2015 or 2016
Known - Kendra Elliot (pub Jan 2016) 8/6

✔Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages
The Ultimate Treasure - Heather Graham (496 pages) 8/13

✔Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) - read a book with water on the cover
The Sea of Trolls - Nancy Farmer 8/3

It's a Wonderful Wife (Sinclair Brothers, #3) by Janet Chapman The Ultimate Treasure by Heather Graham Known (Bone Secrets, #5) by Kendra Elliot The Sea of Trolls (Sea of Trolls, #1) by Nancy Farmer Dark Passage (Dark Mirror, #2) by Mary Jo Putney The Temptation (Lexi Steele, #3) by Cheyenne McCray Stone Cold Lover (Gargoyles, #2) by Christine Warren Changes (Dresden Files, #12) by Jim Butcher Circle of Death (Damask Circle, #2) by Keri Arthur

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 8: by Jamie (The Kansan Reader) (last edited Aug 13, 2016 08:06AM) (new)

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Jamie's cities of the world: Rio de Janerio
August 1-31
0/10

Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle) - read a book with a large building on the cover Rumpelstiltskin (Timeless Fairy Tales, #4) by K.M. Shea
Flamengo Park - read a book with a red and/or black cover The Cursed (The Unearthly, #3) by Laura Thalassa
Sao Bento Monastery - read a book where a main character vows to do something The Forsaken (The Unearthly, #4) by Laura Thalassa
Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) - read a book with water on the cover The Wild Swans (Timeless Fairy Tales, #2) by K.M. Shea

message 9: by Book Concierge (last edited Sep 04, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2371 comments Cities of the World - Rio de Jenairo
Begins: 01Aug16 / Ends: 31Aug16

13 completed

Christ the Redeemer Statue - a book that you find inspirational - Not My Father's Son ✔ – 04Aug16

Jardim Botânico - Trees on the cover - A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #2) by Louise Penny ✔ - 12Aug16

Ipanema Beach - read a book with a title starts with an 'I' - Island of Dr. Moreau ✔ – 29Aug16

Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - read a book set in the past - La's Orchestra Saves the World ✔ - 16Aug16

Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle) - read a book with a large building on the cover - Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins ✔ - 27Aug16

Barra Shopping Center - read a book that you purchased - Once Upon a River ✔ – 25Aug16

Flamengo Park - red cover - Deck the Halls by Mary Higgins Clark ✔ – 17Aug16

Sao Bento Monastery - main character vows to do something - The Double Bind ✔ - 06Aug16

Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - read a book set in a large city - Paris - Murder in Belleville ✔ – 09Aug16

Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - read a book with an elected official in it - Seth is a selectman in One Bad Apple ✔ – 13Aug16

Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages - 440 pg - The Nightingale ✔ - 18Aug16

Lapa Arches - Water on the cover - A Deadly Cliché (A Books by the Bay Mystery #2) by Ellery Adams ✔ – 21Aug16

message 10: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Aug 31, 2016 02:19PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 578 comments Cities of the World - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

14 read

Jardim Botânico - read a book with lots of trees on the cover The Bride Says No ~ 8/29/16 ~ ★★★
Sugar Loaf Mountain - read a book with a sweet character The Ghost on My Couch ~ 8/5/16 ~ ★★★★
Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - read a book set in the past Hexbreaker ~ 8/20/16 ~ ★★★★
Maracana Stadium - read a book with an athlete in it Bootleg Diva: Confessions of a Quarterback Princess by Levi Brody ~ 8/24/16 ~ ★★★★
Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle) - read a book with a large building on the cover Dirty Kiss ~ 8/25/16 ~ ★★★★★
Barra Shopping Center - read a book that you purchased The Queen & the Homo Jock King ~ 8/8/16 ~ ★★★★
Flamengo Park - read a book with a red and/or black cover Guns n' Boys: He Is Poison ~ 8/9/16 ~ ★
Selarón Steps - read a book with an artist in it Heart's Protector ~ 8/15/16 ~ ★★★
Sao Bento Monastery - read a book where a main character vows to do something Quinn's Need ~ 8/3/16 ~ ★★★
Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - read a book set in a large city Good For You ~ 8/11/16 ~ ★★★★
Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) - read a book published in 2015 or 2016 Dancing Lessons ~ 8/2/16 ~ ★★1/2
Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - read a book with an elected official in it Falling for His Best Friend ~ 8/6/16 ~ ★★★★
Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ~ 8/21/16 ~ ★★★★★
Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) - read a book with water on the cover A Deadly Game ~ 8/26/16 ~ ★★

message 11: by Abby (new)

Abby For this challenge I will only be focusing on one challenge since I'm a slow reader. The challenge. I have chosen is the Flamengo Park Challenge for read a book with red and/or black on the cover.

message 12: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Aug 31, 2016 02:25PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1485 comments ~Danielle~'s Cities of the World - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Completed: 17/17

No page limit.

Christ the Redeemer Statue - read a book that you find inspirational Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy 8/30 ★★★★
Jardim Botânico - read a book with lots of trees on the cover Scent of a Mate 8/5 ★★
Ipanema Beach - read a book with a title starts with an 'I' It Happened One Autumn 8/12 ★★★★★
Sugar Loaf Mountain - read a book with a sweet character Polar Bared 8/8 ★★★
Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - read a book set in the past When He Was Wicked 8/28 ★★★★
Maracana Stadium - read a book with an athlete in it Xavier Cold 8/1 ★★★
Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle) - read a book with a large building on the cover Kiss of Steel 8/10 ★★★★★
Barra Shopping Center - read a book that you purchased Want Me 8/6 ★★★
Flamengo Park - read a book with a red and/or black cover Flirting with Fire 8/4 ★★★★
Selarón Steps - read a book with an artist in it Sweet as Sin 8/11 ★★
Sao Bento Monastery - read a book where a main character vows to do something Nobody's Baby But Mine 8/5 ★★★★
Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - read a book set in a large city Sparking the Fire 8/26 ★★★★
Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) - read a book published in 2015 or 2016 The Scam 8/4 ★★★★
Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - read a book with an elected official in it Fatal Scandal 8/30 ★★★
Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages Die For Me 8/3 ★★★★★
Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) - read a book with water on the cover Taste of Torment 8/18 ★★★★

Choosing Gratitude Your Journey to Joy by Nancy Leigh DeMoss Scent of a Mate (Sassy Mates, #1) by Milly Taiden It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Polar Bared (Kodiak Point, #3) by Eve Langlais When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) by Julia Quinn Xavier Cold (Hard Knocks, #2) by Michelle A. Valentine Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1) by Bec McMaster Want Me (Dark Obsession, #2) by Cynthia Eden Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1) by Kate Meader Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1) by J.T. Geissinger Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3) by Kate Meader The Scam (Fox and O'Hare, #4) by Janet Evanovich Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8) by Marie Force Die For Me (Romantic Suspense, #7; Daniel Vartanian, #1) by Karen Rose Taste of Torment (Deep In Your Veins, #3) by Suzanne Wright

message 13: by VampAmber (last edited Aug 19, 2016 06:25AM) (new)

VampAmber | 442 comments Oooh, nice. If you need me, I'll be at that water park, because this summer is soooooooooo hootttttttttttt........ *melts*

Cities of the World Challenge - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Duration: 8/1/16-8/31/16
Progress: 6/16

Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - To Kill a Mockingbird finished 8/6/16
Barra Shopping Center - Scary Stories Treasury finished 8/19/16
Flamengo Park - Tantalize finished 8/18/16
Selarón Steps - Austenland finished 8/1/16
Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - The Princess Diaries finished 8/12/16
Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) - The Hobbit or There and Back Again finished 8/5/16

Austenland (Austenland, #1) by Shannon Hale The Hobbit or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) by Meg Cabot Tantalize (Tantalize, #1) by Cynthia Leitich Smith Scary Stories Treasury by Alvin Schwartz

message 14: by Brindi Michele (last edited Sep 01, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Brindi Michele | 158 comments Cities of the World - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Completed: 12/16

No page limit.

When Friendship Followed Me Home by Paul Griffin When Friendship Followed Me Home by Paul Griffin 8/20/16

Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4) by Christine Feehan Dangerous Tides by Christine Feehan 8/9/16

Tru & Nelle by G. Neri Tru & Nelle by G. Neri 8/4/16

Asking For It by Louise O'Neill Asking For It by Louise O'Neill 8/29/16

Owned by the Mob Boss by Ashley Hall Owned by the Mob Boss by Ashley Hall 8/26/16

When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) by Lori Foster When You Dare by Lori Foster 8/21/16

Turbulent Sea (Drake Sisters, #6) by Christine Feehan Turbulent Sea by Christine Feehan 8/15/16

Sao Bento Monastery - read a book where a main character vows to do something *revenge/wedding vows
Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5) by Christine Feehan Safe Harbor by Christine Feehan 8/11/16

Debt by Nina G. Jones Debt by Nina G. Jones 8/26/16

Madly (Potion, #1) by Amy Alward Madly by Amy Alward 8/24/16

Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages *pp.441
Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters, #7) by Christine Feehan Hidden Currents by Christine Feehan 8/18/16

Oceans of Fire (Drake Sisters, #3) by Christine Feehan Oceans of Fire by Christine Feehan 8/5/16

message 15: by Paris (last edited Aug 21, 2016 06:20PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments I'm in!

Cities of the World

Christ the Redeemer Statue - read a book that you find inspirational - It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 8/2/16
Jardim Botânico - read a book with lots of trees on the cover - Beautiful Burn by Jamie McGuire (Maddox Brothers) - ♥♥♥ - 8/15/16
Sugar Loaf Mountain - read a book with a sweet character - Close to You by Kristen Proby (Fusion) - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 8/11/16
Maracana Stadium - read a book with an athlete in it - Foolproof Love by Katee Robert (Foolproof Love) - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 8/1/16
Barra Shopping Center - read a book that you purchased - Beautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire (Maddox Brothers) - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/13/16
Flamengo Park - read a book with a red and/or black cover - Something Beautiful by Jamie McGuire (Beautiful) - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/14/16
Selarón Steps - read a book with an artist in it - Worked Up by Tessa Bailey (Made in Jersey) - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/5/16
Sao Bento Monastery - read a book where a main character vows to do something - Must Love Wieners by Casey Griffin (Rescue Dog Romance) - ♥♥♥ - 8/6/16
Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - read a book set in a large city - Sugar Free by Sawyer Bennett (Sugar Bowl) - ♥♥♥♥.5 - 8/17/16
Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) - read a book published in 2015 or 2016 - Sugar Rush by Sawyer Bennett (Sugar Bowl) - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/17/16
Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - read a book with an elected official in it - Till I Kissed You by Laura Trentham (Cottonbloom) - ♥♥♥ - 8/7/16

message 16: by Jonquil (last edited Aug 15, 2016 09:33AM) (new)

Jonquil | 699 comments Cities of the World - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

7/7
DONE

1 Chácara do Céu Museu published in 2016 Allegiances 8/1
2 Santa Teresa - set in the past 1889 The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets 8/2
3 Praca XV de Novembro set in a large city - San Diego The Naked Eye 8/2
4 Sao Bento Monastery - main character vows to do something - stay despite attempts to drive her away Address to Die For 8/2
5 red/black cover8/11
The Beetle A Mystery (Valancourt Classics) by Richard Marsh
6 over 400 pages Shadow Rider 8/13
7 starts with I If You've Got It, Haunt It 8/7

message 17: by Julie (last edited Aug 17, 2016 04:41AM) (new)

Julie Murray | 2 comments Christ the Redeemer Statue - .
Jardim Botânico - .
Ipanema Beach - .
Sugar Loaf Mountain - .
Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - .
Maracana Stadium - .
Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle) - .
Barra Shopping Center - .
Flamengo Park - Murder Most Malicious.
Selarón Steps - .
Sao Bento Monastery - Nemesis.
Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - .
Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) - .
Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - .
Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - .
Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) - .

message 18: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2371 comments bump

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1485 comments ~Danielle~'s Cities of the World - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Completed: 17/17

No page limit.

Christ the Redeemer Statue - read a book that you find inspirational Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy 8/30 ★★★★
Jardim Botânico - read a book with lots of trees on the cover Scent of a Mate 8/5 ★★
Ipanema Beach - read a book with a title starts with an 'I' It Happened One Autumn 8/12 ★★★★★
Sugar Loaf Mountain - read a book with a sweet character Polar Bared 8/8 ★★★
Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - read a book set in the past When He Was Wicked 8/28 ★★★★
Maracana Stadium - read a book with an athlete in it Xavier Cold 8/1 ★★★
Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle) - read a book with a large building on the cover Kiss of Steel 8/10 ★★★★★
Barra Shopping Center - read a book that you purchased Want Me 8/6 ★★★
Flamengo Park - read a book with a red and/or black cover Flirting with Fire 8/4 ★★★★
Selarón Steps - read a book with an artist in it Sweet as Sin 8/11 ★★
Sao Bento Monastery - read a book where a main character vows to do something Nobody's Baby But Mine 8/5 ★★★★
Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - read a book set in a large city Sparking the Fire 8/26 ★★★★
Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) - read a book published in 2015 or 2016 The Scam 8/4 ★★★★
Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - read a book with an elected official in it Fatal Scandal 8/30 ★★★
Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages Die For Me 8/3 ★★★★★
Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) - read a book with water on the cover Taste of Torment 8/18 ★★★★

Choosing Gratitude Your Journey to Joy by Nancy Leigh DeMoss Scent of a Mate (Sassy Mates, #1) by Milly Taiden It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Polar Bared (Kodiak Point, #3) by Eve Langlais When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) by Julia Quinn Xavier Cold (Hard Knocks, #2) by Michelle A. Valentine Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1) by Bec McMaster Want Me (Dark Obsession, #2) by Cynthia Eden Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1) by Kate Meader Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1) by J.T. Geissinger Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3) by Kate Meader The Scam (Fox and O'Hare, #4) by Janet Evanovich Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8) by Marie Force Die For Me (Romantic Suspense, #7; Daniel Vartanian, #1) by Karen Rose Taste of Torment (Deep In Your Veins, #3) by Suzanne Wright

message 20: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2472 comments completed on post 6 13/16

Michelle's Empty Nest (mlundy5) | 98 comments *Almost* Done :)

~Michelle~'s Cities of the World - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Completed: 15/16

***Ending Challenge with 1 Task Left ~ 8-31-2016***

No page limit.

Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things|Jenny Lawson 8-1-2016 | 3*
Innocent Blood|Michael Lister 8-21-2016 | 3*
The Cereal Murders|Diane Mott Davidson 8-15-2016 | 3*
Tsura|Heather Anastasiu 8-10-2016 | 4*
Dare Me|Megan Abbott 8-30-2016 | 2*
A March of Kings|Morgan Rice 8-27-2016 | 2*
The Dog Stars|Peter Heller 8-12-2016 | 4*
Perfect|Rachel Joyce 8-6-2016 | 3*
Girl With a Pearl Earring|Tracy Chevalier 8-18-2016 | 3*
1984|George Orwell 8-9-2016 | 4*
Triptych|Karin Slaughter 8-4-2016 | 4*
Eligible|Curtis Sittenfeld 8-7-2016 | 3*
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency|Alexander McCall Smith 8-22-2016 | 4*
Divergent|Veronica Roth 8-11-2016 | 5*
Cold Mountain|Charles Frazier 8-2-2016 | 3*

message 22: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2371 comments Update to Message # 9 - I got 13 of 16!

Cities of the World - Rio de Jenairo
Begins: 01Aug16 / Ends: 31Aug16

13 completed

Christ the Redeemer Statue - a book that you find inspirational - Not My Father's Son ✔ – 04Aug16

Jardim Botânico - Trees on the cover - A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #2) by Louise Penny ✔ - 12Aug16

Ipanema Beach - read a book with a title starts with an 'I' - Island of Dr. Moreau ✔ – 29Aug16

Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) - read a book set in the past - La's Orchestra Saves the World ✔ - 16Aug16

Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle) - read a book with a large building on the cover - Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins ✔ - 27Aug16

Barra Shopping Center - read a book that you purchased - Once Upon a River ✔ – 25Aug16

Flamengo Park - red cover - Deck the Halls by Mary Higgins Clark ✔ – 17Aug16

Sao Bento Monastery - main character vows to do something - The Double Bind ✔ - 06Aug16

Praca XV de Novembro (city square) - read a book set in a large city - Paris - Murder in Belleville ✔ – 09Aug16

Palácio Tiradentes (legislative building) - read a book with an elected official in it - Seth is a selectman in One Bad Apple ✔ – 13Aug16

Rio Water Park (South America's largest water park) - read a book with over 400 pages - 440 pg - The Nightingale ✔ - 18Aug16

Lapa Arches - Water on the cover - A Deadly Cliché (A Books by the Bay Mystery #2) by Ellery Adams ✔ – 21Aug16

message 23: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 957 comments Cities of the World — Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
August 1-31, 2016

Completed — 13!

Jardim Botânico ➔ includes many trees on the cover
Heart Recaptured, Tillie Cole – 8/21/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮

Sugar Loaf Mountain ➔ features a sweet character
The Untamed MacKenzie, Jennifer Ashley – 8/19/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Santa Teresa (colonial Rio) ➔ set in the past
Clockworks and Corsets, Tonia Brown – 8/14/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Maracana Stadium ➔ features an athlete
Real, Katy Evans – 8/10/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Ilha Fiscal (neo-Gothic castle) ➔ large building on the cover
Conspiracy in Death, J.D. Robb – 8/31/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮

Barra Shopping Center ➔ book that you purchased
Armed & Dangerous, Abigail Roux – 8/4/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮

Flamengo Park ➔ black cover
The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty, A.N. Roquelaure (aka Anne Rice) – 8/5/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Selarón Steps ➔ features an artist
Born to be Bound, Addison Cain – 8/8/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Sao Bento Monastery ➔ main character vows to do something
The Darkest Angel, Gena Showalter – 8/10/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Praca XV de Novembro (city square) ➔ set in a large city (New York)
Grayson, Lisa Eugene – 8/10/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮

Chácara do Céu Museu (modern art museum) ➔ published in 2015
Wicked Fall, Sawyer Bennett – 8/2/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Rio Water Park (South America's largest waterpark) ➔ 400+ pages
Midnight in Death, J.D. Robb – 8/3/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Lapa Arches (Romanesque-style aqueduct) ➔ water on the cover
For 100 Days, Lara Adrian – 8/5/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Heart Recaptured (Hades Hangmen, #2) by Tillie Cole The Untamed MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5.5) by Jennifer Ashley Clockworks and Corsets by Tonia Brown Real (Real, #1) by Katy Evans Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) by J.D. Robb Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5) by Abigail Roux The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty (Sleeping Beauty, #1) by A.N. Roquelaure Born to be Bound (Alpha's Claim, #1) by Addison Cain The Darkest Angel (Lords of the Underworld #4.5) by Gena Showalter Grayson by Lisa Eugene Wicked Fall (The Wicked Horse, #1) by Sawyer Bennett Midnight in Death (In Death, #7.5) by J.D. Robb For 100 Days (100 Series, #1) by Lara Adrian