The Cozy Mystery Journal Readers discussion

26 views
Welcome > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Stop by and say hello and introduce yourself. Tell us a little more about yourself.

I've been an official cozy mystery reader since 2007. I've been reading Agatha Christie stories since I was a teen, but discovered the expanded cozy mystery genre in 2007 and have been hooked since. I have so many favorite authors and love to chat about cozy mysteries & recommend books!


message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Fitzgerald (mrskatiefitz) | 2 comments Hi! I am a former children's librarian, and I have 2 kids under three, so for a long time I have read primarily children's books. But when I was in high school, I loved the Cat Who mysteries by Lilian Jackson Braun, and recently, as part of an effort to find more grown-up books to read, I started looking for more books like those. I first stumbled upon the Library Lovers series by Jenn McKinlay, and now I'm starting to branch out from there and try different authors and series to see what I like. The Cozy Mystery Journal has already been a huge help in deciding what to read, so I'm excited for this group!


message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Katie wrote: "Hi! I am a former children's librarian, and I have 2 kids under three, so for a long time I have read primarily children's books. But when I was in high school, I loved the Cat Who mysteries by Lil..."

Welcome Katie!! I completely understand the small kids and reading time. I have two boys that are now 7yo and I love that they are now reading their books and I can read mine, curled up together on the couch.

I love cozies that feature libraries and bookstores too! Have you read Lorna Barrett's Booktown Mysteries yet? They're really good. I also really loved the new Little Library Mysteries too.


message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Hi. Saw your post on Instagram and came to find you!!! I've been a Goodreads member since 2007. That's about the time that I was introduced to Susan Wittig Albert China Bayles series and quickly started reading every cozy I could get my hands on. I love to write reviews, find new series and just promote the cozy mystery genre.


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Hi. Saw your post on Instagram and came to find you!!! I've been a Goodreads member since 2007. That's about the time that I was introduced to Susan Wittig Albert China Bayles series..."

Welcome Kimberly!! I haven't read anything by Susan Wittig Albert yet, but I've added her to my list. I'm so happy to see more cozy mystery readers here, since I could chat about them all day lol


message 6: by iasa (new)

iasa I'm Rhi. I can't remember when I started reading cozy mysteries exactly, mysteries have always been one of my go to genres. Looking forward to discovering some new authors for me to read.


message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (quietlylaura) Hello! My name is Laura. Thanks for letting me join this group! Mysteries, and cozies in particular, are one of my favorite genres. Growing up I started with Agatha Christie and Nancy Drew. I'm looking forward to discussing mysteries with everyone!


message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Anna wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Hi. Saw your post on Instagram and came to find you!!! I've been a Goodreads member since 2007. That's about the time that I was introduced to Susan Wittig Albert Ch..."

Please do!!! Her series is full of great characters. She is from my area so its always fun recognizing some familiar places as she describes them.


message 9: by Patrizia (new)

Patrizia | 3 comments Hello! My name is Patrizia and I'm Italian. I'm a great reader of cozy mysteries and I always search news about new books to read, so I quickly added The Cozy Mystery Journal to my favorite sites.


message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dykes | 2 comments Hi! I'm Sarah. I follow you on Instagram - love your posts. I just started reading cozies last year - I picked up a book with a pun-ny title just to irritate my friend that I was shopping with, and I have been hooked since! They are a great fun reads.


message 11: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Goldthorpe-Martens (cozymamma37) My name is Tammy Goldthorpe-Martens. I'm fairly new to cozy mysteries, however, upon going through books that I have read in the past, it appears that I've been reading them for years.


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhi wrote: "I'm Rhi. I can't remember when I started reading cozy mysteries exactly, mysteries have always been one of my go to genres. Looking forward to discovering some new authors for me to read."

Welcome Rhi!


message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "Hello! My name is Laura. Thanks for letting me join this group! Mysteries, and cozies in particular, are one of my favorite genres. Growing up I started with Agatha Christie and Nancy Drew. I'm loo..."

Hi Laura! So happy to see other Agatha Christie fans. I grew up in Australia and Nancy Drew wasn't that big over there, but I'm happy to see my boys are now reading Hardy Boys!!


message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Patrizia wrote: "Hello! My name is Patrizia and I'm Italian. I'm a great reader of cozy mysteries and I always search news about new books to read, so I quickly added The Cozy Mystery Journal to my favorite sites."

Thank you! It's great to meet so many new readers. I started blogging because I loved writing reviews and locally to me I don't know any cozy mystery readers and its so great to meet so many cozy readers across the world!


message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "Hi! I'm Sarah. I follow you on Instagram - love your posts. I just started reading cozies last year - I picked up a book with a pun-ny title just to irritate my friend that I was shopping with, and..."

Aww thanks Sarah! I love the punny titles too. Now that my kids are reading they are always reading the titles of my mysteries and having a giggle over them.


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Tammy wrote: "My name is Tammy Goldthorpe-Martens. I'm fairly new to cozy mysteries, however, upon going through books that I have read in the past, it appears that I've been reading them for years. "

Welcome Tammy!! I think I was the same for a while. I had no idea Miss Marple was a cozy mystery until I discovered the genre.


message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine | 3 comments Hi, I'm Christine. My aunt got me hooked on cozies mysteries when Inwas in high school and I have been reading them ever since. My first series was the hannah swenson books by Joanne Fluke.


message 18: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Goldthorpe-Martens (cozymamma37) Totally LOVE the Hannah Swensen series!!!!


message 19: by Creative Caprice (new)

Creative Caprice | 4 comments Hi! Like many of you, I began reading Agatha Christie as a teen, never realizing that they were cozies at the time. I've since branched out into other cozy series, though I'm also trying to re-read all of Christie. I think I've read most, but at the time it was just whatever was at the library. Now with Kindle it's so much easier!


message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Christine wrote: "Hi, I'm Christine. My aunt got me hooked on cozies mysteries when Inwas in high school and I have been reading them ever since. My first series was the hannah swenson books by Joanne Fluke."

Welcome Christine. We're big Hannah Swensen fans around here, evidenced by my current readalong.


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Creative Caprice wrote: "Hi! Like many of you, I began reading Agatha Christie as a teen, never realizing that they were cozies at the time. I've since branched out into other cozy series, though I'm also trying to re-read..."

Welcome Caprice. I have a list of all the Agatha's and I'm slowly trying to read all the ones I didn't read as a teen and all the short stories too. I love a good Agatha Christie mystery!


message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (slfox) | 3 comments Hi! I started reading Agatha Christie when I was about 12 or 13 and I've been reading modern cozies for about a decade now. I absolutely love cozies and can't get enough of them. I love too many series to mention them all but a couple of my favourites are Sofie Kelly's Magical Cats Mysteries and Sheila Connolly's Orchard Mysteries. I've never read the Hannah Swensen books so I'll have to give them a try!


message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "Hi! I started reading Agatha Christie when I was about 12 or 13 and I've been reading modern cozies for about a decade now. I absolutely love cozies and can't get enough of them. I love too many se..."

Welcome Sarah!!! I love the Magical Cats. When I started that series I wished my cats were magical, although in hindsight I'm guessing a cat that can go through walls might be a tad too mischievous!!


message 24: by T.G. (new)

T.G. Hanson (tghanson) | 2 comments Hello! I love reading period but after years of King and Koontz and Lisa Gardner, I've discovered the joy of Cozy Mysteries. Seems I much prefer the lighter mysteries these days. I've enjoyed them so much that I was inspired to write my own. Just finished publishing the first in a series - The Mystic Pines Series: Murder At The Knife's Edge.
Between Cozy Mysteries I like a good ghost or haunted house read. Love Alexie Aaron Haunted series!
I look forward to getting to know you all!!


back to top