What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's chapter 80's mystery of trail of clues

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angel Fridley (new)

Angel Fridley | 2 comments Looking for a book read to my grade school class in the 1980s about a group of kids finding a note in an old tree, that note led them to the attic for another note and so on until they figure out their dad was placing the clues to keep them interested during the summer. I can't remember a lot of details, but i remember their surprise when it's their dad and it's not a ghost or really old from the past.

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2474 comments I've been browsing books I have read all evening ... I have a hunch it is this book?
Sea View secret by Elizabeth Kinsey (pseud. Eleanor Clymer).

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36052 comments Mod
Sea View Secret by Eleanor Clymer (Elizabeth Kinsey) - bookel's suggestion

message 4: by Angel Fridley (new)

Angel Fridley | 2 comments bookel wrote: "I've been browsing books I have read all evening ... I have a hunch it is this book?
Sea View secret by Elizabeth Kinsey (pseud. Eleanor Clymer)."

I wish I could remember the title or more details, for I'm really not certain, but I read up on some of the synopsis posted and it does not seem to be this one.
It was a long time ago! Thank you for your suggestion

message 5: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2474 comments https://openlibrary.org/books/OL24845...
You can borrow it here for free, to check.

message 7: by Lara (new)

Lara Miller | 11 comments I was looking for a similar book and found the last book in the Melendy quartet, Spiderweb for Two. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

The ending is different from what you've mentioned, but maybe it's worth a try.

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5224 comments Spiderweb for Two: A Melendy Maze for future reference.

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21024 comments The Secret Hide-Out has the dad or uncle leaving clues, or else it could be Clues in the Woods, Haunted House or another in that mystery series by Peggy Parish.

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21024 comments Still looking, Angel?