The Cozy Mystery Journal Readers discussion

25 views
Readalongs > Hannah Swensen Mysteries Readalong

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you a Hannah Swensen fan? Or do you want to start a great new series. I'm re-reading this series starting with Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder. Read along with me, and discuss along the way.

Please try to mark posts as spoilers if you're posting a spoiler, as not everyone has read the entire series yet.


message 2: by iasa (new)

iasa This is one of those series I always see at the library but I've yet to read it. I'll pick up a copy tomorrow and get reading!


Creative Caprice | 4 comments I saw this and knew I had to join, my cousin has been bugging me to read Hannah Swensen for years and I never have. This is the perfect excuse. I already called her and she's quite thrilled to lend them to me. I should be able to start tomorrow or the next day.


message 4: by Deb (new)

Deb Sharp (roseygrl) | 1 comments I love this series, it is one of those series that when your feeling down it cheers you up to read one of the books in the series :)
I really like how the main characters interact with each other. I feel like I know them personally. I could just see my self hanging out at the Cookie Jar and helping solve a murder or two ! Heck I would love to work at the Cookie Jar!


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Creative Caprice wrote: "I saw this and knew I had to join, my cousin has been bugging me to read Hannah Swensen for years and I never have. This is the perfect excuse. I already called her and she's quite thrilled to lend..."

That's awesome!!! Years ago I read the first three and then I was sent one of the later books for review, and skipped all the books in between, so I'm now re-reading the first three and then reading in order. I'm happy to have others reading along too.


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Deb wrote: "I love this series, it is one of those series that when your feeling down it cheers you up to read one of the books in the series :)
I really like how the main characters interact with each other. ..."


That's exactly what I love about cozy mysteries!!! Lake Eden is such a fantastic cozy town. I love the cookie recipes too! It always has me in the mood to get baking.


message 7: by iasa (new)

iasa Anna wrote: "That's exactly what I love about cozy mysteries!!! Lake Eden is such a fantastic cozy town. I love the cookie recipes too! It always has me in the mood to get baking. "

I know what you mean about the baking. I almost stopped reading today to bake one of the cookie recipes when I ran across it.


message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhi wrote: "Anna wrote: "That's exactly what I love about cozy mysteries!!! Lake Eden is such a fantastic cozy town. I love the cookie recipes too! It always has me in the mood to get baking. "

I know what yo..."


I keep promising myself I will go back and bake a few! Knowing me I will just settle down with the book and tub of cookie dough!!!


message 9: by iasa (new)

iasa I don't know why I was putting off this series for so long. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Really glad that Hannah Swensen isn't one of those heroines always does the worst thing she could at every opportunity.


message 10: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) The last one I read, was book nine. I'll have to pick it back up.


message 11: by iasa (new)

iasa I just finished the second in the series Strawberry Shortcake Murder. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first, thought this one could have done with a bit of editing and (view spoiler).

I do wonder how she makes any money, she seems to give away tons of cookies!


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Iasa wrote: "I just finished the second in the series Strawberry Shortcake Murder. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first, thought this one could have done with a bit of editing and [spoilers remov..."

I wonder that too! I just finished watching the first movie last night and she certainly gives away so many cookies in the movie too, lol.


message 13: by iasa (new)

iasa I didn't know there were films as well. How was it?!


back to top