The Cozy Mystery Journal Readers discussion

Reading & Recommendations > What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Let's share what we're reading!

I'm reading Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanne Fluke and Pushing up Daisies by M.C. Beaton.

What's on your currently reading stack?

message 2: by Penney (new)

Penney I'm reading a eBook Jellies, Jams, and Bodies by Donna Walo Clancy, it is very good I am going to love this series,
Penney

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Penney wrote: "I'm reading a eBook Jellies, Jams, and Bodies by Donna Walo Clancy, it is very good I am going to love this series,
Penney"

I'm going to check that out! I'm always looking for new authors to read :)

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie Fitzgerald (mrskatiefitz) | 2 comments I just started Murder of a Small-Town Honey by Denise Swanson, which I found at the public library. I've only read a couple of chapters, but so far I like it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Katie wrote: "I just started Murder of a Small-Town Honey by Denise Swanson, which I found at the public library. I've only read a couple of chapters, but so far I like it."

That's a fun series!! You've got a lot of great books ahead of you in that series.

message 6: by iasa (new)

iasa Currently reading Berried to the Hilt which is not a series I have read before. Also have some non cozy reading going with The Poisoner: The Life and Crimes of Victorian England's Most Notorious Doctor and The Fallen Man

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (quietlylaura) I'm currently reading Red Velvet Revenge by Jenn McKinlay. It's number 4 in her Cupcake Bakery series which I've really enjoyed. Just make sure to have some sweets on hand while reading!

message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Laura wrote: "I'm currently reading Red Velvet Revenge by Jenn McKinlay. It's number 4 in her Cupcake Bakery series which I've really enjoyed. Just make sure to have some sweets on hand while reading!"

That's a fun series!!!

message 9: by Kimberly (last edited Jul 25, 2016 06:20PM) (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) I'm currently reading Death Come Quickly ironically by Susan Wittig Albert.

message 10: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Goldthorpe-Martens (cozymamma37) I have mastered the art of reading one book while reading another one. I'm reading A FATAL SLIP by Meg London and listening to CREWEL YULE by Monica Ferris.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dykes | 2 comments I'm currently reading Foul Play at the Fair - my first cozy was Trick Or Deceit, the second book in this series, so I am going back to the first and then I have bought the rest. It is the Celebration Bay series by Shelly Freydont.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhi wrote: "Currently reading Berried to the Hilt which is not a series I have read before. Also have some non cozy reading going with [book:The Poisoner: The Life and Crimes of Victorian Englan..."

Are you enjoying Berried to the Hilt? I will have to check out that series!! The Poisoner looks really interesting!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "I'm currently reading Red Velvet Revenge by Jenn McKinlay. It's number 4 in her Cupcake Bakery series which I've really enjoyed. Just make sure to have some sweets on hand while reading!"

I love this series!!!! It always has me craving cupcakes though. It's definitely a "snack and read" series!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Kimberly wrote: "I'm currently reading Death Come Quickly ironically by Susan Wittig Albert."

I seriously need to add a few of her books to my next Amazon order!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Tammy wrote: "I have mastered the art of reading one book while reading another one. I'm reading A FATAL SLIP by Meg London and listening to CREWEL YULE by Monica Ferris. "

A fabulous art! I usually have one ebook and one paperback on the go, and sometimes mix in a audiobook :)

I love that series by Meg London. I was so sad when they discontinued it :(

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "I'm currently reading Foul Play at the Fair - my first cozy was Trick Or Deceit, the second book in this series, so I am going back to the first and then I have bought the rest. It is the Celebrati..."

I've heard good things about that series! There are so many awesome cozy mystery series and so little time, LOL!

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine | 3 comments Right now I'm reading The Diva Serves High Tea by Krista Davis

message 18: by Creative Caprice (new)

Creative Caprice | 4 comments I just finished If Walls Could Talk by Juliet Blackwell and really enjoyed it. I'll definitely continue with the series and check out the other series she wrote as well. It had well developed characters and a little paranormal element, but the mystery aspect was still really good.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Christine wrote: "Right now I'm reading The Diva Serves High Tea by Krista Davis"

I hope you're enjoying it. I've read one book in this series, the first book and need to go back and catch up on this series.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Creative Caprice wrote: "I just finished If Walls Could Talk by Juliet Blackwell and really enjoyed it. I'll definitely continue with the series and check out the other series she wrote as w..."

I haven't read this series but I love her Witchcraft Mysteries. There is a pet pig in those mysteries, which just sounds too cute for words.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

What's on everyone's weekend stack? I'm reading Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke and spending time with my favourite black cat, Hamlet, in Literally Murder by Ali Brandon!

message 22: by iasa (new)

iasa Almost finished with I'll Be Seeing You by Mary Higgins Clark. After that I'm not sure what to read. A trip to the library might be in order, although it's not as if I don't have plenty of books to choose from at home.

Has anyone read the English Garden Mystery series by Anthony Eglin?

message 23: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Christine wrote: "Right now I'm reading The Diva Serves High Tea by Krista Davis"

Hi!!! Love that series. Looking forward to reading this one!

message 24: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Creative Caprice wrote: "I just finished If Walls Could Talk by Juliet Blackwell and really enjoyed it. I'll definitely continue with the series and check out the other series she wrote as w..."

I love, love, love this series!!! IMO they keep getting better and better. I've read the first four so far.

message 25: by Laura (new)

Laura (quietlylaura) I'm still reading Red Velvet Revenge by Jenn McKinlay. I read a few of Ali Brandon's Black Cat series and really enjoyed them. I do like Hamlet!

message 26: by Patrizia (new)

Patrizia | 3 comments I love Hamlet! This series is one of the first that I started reading ...
I'm reading The Last Word by Ellery Adams.

message 27: by iasa (new)

iasa Currently reading Wyllard's Weird by Mary Elizabeth Braddon and Here Today, Gone Tamale: A Taste of Texas Mystery byRebecca Adler

message 28: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Rhi wrote: "Currently reading Wyllard's Weird by Mary Elizabeth Braddon and Here Today, Gone Tamale: A Taste of Texas Mystery byRebecca Adler"

I recently got Here Today, Gone Tamale. Looking forward to reading it!

message 29: by iasa (new)

iasa Kimberly, so far I like it. And tomorrow's dinner? Tamales of course!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhi wrote: "Currently reading Wyllard's Weird by Mary Elizabeth Braddon and Here Today, Gone Tamale: A Taste of Texas Mystery byRebecca Adler"

I need to add Here Today, Gone Tamale to my tbr! Maybe another bookstore visit lol

message 31: by iasa (new)

iasa Reading Chip of the Flying U and Dance Hall of the Dead. Also reading A Dose of Murder which is a new series for me.

message 33: by iasa (new)

message 34: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Rhi wrote: "I am reading Hickory Smoked Homicide"

Been a long time since I checked in with that series. Read the first two and have the next two on my bookshelf.

message 35: by iasa (new)

iasa On the last trip to the library I got six or seven books from series I haven't read it. After only getting a few pages through three of them before giving them up I hope I will have better luck with The Christie Curse

message 36: by Creative Caprice (new)

Creative Caprice | 4 comments Just finished Sweet Taffy and Murder: Sweet Taffy Cozy Mysteries Book #1 by Dana Moss and I quite enjoyed it, especially since I think it's a debut work.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhi wrote: "On the last trip to the library I got six or seven books from series I haven't read it. After only getting a few pages through three of them before giving them up I hope I will have better luck wit..."

I hope you have better luck with The Christie Curse. That's a fun series, although I'm a big fan of books about books, so I might be a bit biased!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I was struggling through the aftermath of dental surgery and am now back on my feet, I finished Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke and I'm just finishing up Literally Murder by Ali Brandon and starting All the Little Liars by Charlaine Harris.

There are way too many good cozies out there to read!!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Christine wrote: "Starting All You Need is Fudge and A Spoonful of Poison"

Yay! More Agatha Raisin!! <3 her! I love Nancy Coco's fudge series too, since I love making fudge :)

message 40: by iasa (new)

iasa I accidently returned The Christie Curse to the library before I finished it, but the first three pages were excellent!
I have no cozies to read at the moment but I'm making due with some other general murder and mayhem reading with Skinwalkers and At the Hands of a Stranger

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhi wrote: "I accidently returned The Christie Curse to the library before I finished it, but the first three pages were excellent!
I have no cozies to read at the moment but I'm making due wit..."

Oh no! You will have to borrow it out again!! I've read the first two in that series and I bought the third one a little while ago. There are too many great series and not enough time.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished Literally Murder by Ali Brandon this morning. It was so good!! I love Hamlet, the cat in the series. It feels good to read it as I had that one on my shelf for a year or more.

Now onto more Joanne Fluke for me!

message 43: by iasa (new)

iasa Yesterday I finished Strawberry Shortcake Murder and January Thaw. I was really enjoying this later one until the ending, then meh not so much. But I think I will try another one from her.

Planning to start Cinco de Mayhem and One Foot in the Grove this weekend.

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura (quietlylaura) I'm currently reading By Book Or By Crook by Eva Gates. I'm really liking it so far. It centers around a library in a lighthouse.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "I'm currently reading By Book Or By Crook by Eva Gates. I'm really liking it so far. It centers around a library in a lighthouse."

I like that series a lot! I tend to read most of the cozies that centre around libraries and bookstores :)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished And Then There Were Nuns by Kylie Logan today! Loved it. Now to decide on a new book.

message 47: by Shaz (new)

Shaz (zabooksihaveread) | 1 comments I am currently reading A Deadly Grind A Deadly Grind (Vintage Kitchen Mystery, #1) by Victoria Hamilton This is a new author to me. Has anyone else enjoyed reading this series?

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (slfox) | 3 comments Shaz wrote: "I am currently reading A Deadly Grind A Deadly Grind (Vintage Kitchen Mystery, #1) by Victoria Hamilton This is a new author to me. Has anyone else enjoyed reading this series?"

Yes! I've read the first three books in this series so far.

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (slfox) | 3 comments I'm currently reading Busy Bodies by Joan Hess. I'm almost done though so soon it will be time to choose another book. Lots of great cozies waiting in my TBR pile!