All About Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Past Posts > Recommendation Swap - August Partners

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 4177 comments Partners for the August recommendation swap:

Jennifer is recommending to Shirley
Dominique is recommending to Heather
Terri is recommending to Jennifer
Alannah is recommending to Free
Shirley is recommending to Terri
Heather is recommending to Dominique
Free is recommending to Alannah

You now have about a week to give your recommendation to your partner giving everyone a bit of time to get the book before the read starts in August.

Remember to tell us what you thought of the book here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 235 comments Hi Shirley. Looking forward to this again. I recommend for you either Bell Jar from your to-read list or The Forgotten Garden

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 235 comments Or (I forgot to see of you've read this) Before I Go to Sleep

message 4: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 4177 comments Jennifer wrote: "Hi Shirley. Looking forward to this again. I recommend for you either Bell Jar from your to-read list or The Forgotten Garden"

Thanks Jennifer, I will choose The Forgotten Garden as it has been on my "to read" list the longest! Thanks for choosing - I will let you know how I get on with it!

message 5: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 4177 comments I have sent a couple of recommendations to Terri today.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I sent 2 recommendations to Jennifer. I also received Shirley's picks, and I chose Gilead. Looking forward to it!

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 235 comments Thank you Terri. I have put holds on both books. It will likely be Juventud as there is a copy available right now. I just added that book to my to-read list as someone in my in-person book club is from Columbia.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer, that's really cool. I didn't know much about Colombia before I read the book. It was a compelling read for me, hope you like it.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 235 comments Terri wrote: "Jennifer, that's really cool. I didn't know much about Colombia before I read the book. It was a compelling read for me, hope you like it."
I was going to ask to have it be our library book club book but with only 1 copy in the province, I know it won't be picked. Looking forward to both of them.

message 10: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
Terri wrote: "I sent 2 recommendations to Jennifer. I also received Shirley's picks, and I chose Gilead. Looking forward to it!"

Just finished Gilead Terri, and I thought it was extraordinary, a brilliant and beautifully written book!

message 11: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 12185 comments Mod
So sorry I completely dropped the ball on this one what with being away. I was hoping to check this out while I was away but the Wi-Fi turned out to be so rubbish. I think Free did message me a few days. I tried messaging back but I don't think it sent properly. I have to go out and do food shopping and see my nanny but I will sort it all out when I am back later.

free, if you are reading this I am so sorry:(

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Greg wrote: "Terri wrote: "I sent 2 recommendations to Jennifer. I also received Shirley's picks, and I chose Gilead. Looking forward to it!"

Just finished Gilead Terri, and I thought..."

Good to know, Greg. I'll be getting the book from the library tomorrow. Really looking forward to reading this.

message 13: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 12185 comments Mod
Just send my recommendation choice.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.