Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading July 25?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2113 comments Mod
I'm finishing up His Favorite Color is Blood by K. A. Merikan and planning on starting What Remains by Garrett Leigh and Wolfsong by TJ Klune.

message 2: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1923 comments Mod
Finally finished Hot in Hellcat Canyon--real world stuff has been getting in the way. Loved it and can't wait for what I hope will be the sheriff and the Greenleaf girl's book!

message 3: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Manda wrote: "Finally finished Hot in Hellcat Canyon--real world stuff has been getting in the way. Loved it and can't wait for what I hope will be the sheriff and the Greenleaf girl's book!"

Manda, Wild at Whiskey Creek is Glory and Eli's story. Here's the cover copy:

Everyone knows the Greenleaf family puts the “Hell” in Hellcat Canyon—legend has it the only way they ever leave is in a cop car or a casket. But Glory Greenleaf has a different getaway vehicle in mind: her guitar. She has a Texas-sized talent and the ambition (and attitude) to match, but only two people have ever believed in her: Her brother, who’s in jail, and his best friend...who put him there.

Sheriff Eli Barlow has secretly been in love with Glory since he was twelve years old. Which is how he knows her head is as hard as her heart is soft—and why she can’t forgive him for fracturing her family...or forget that night they surrendered to an explosive, long-simmering passion. But when a betrayal threatens Glory’s big break, Eli will risk everything to make it right...because the best way to love the girl from Whiskey Creek might mean setting her free forever.

My favorite trope by one of my favorite authors! I can't wait!

Today I'm reading an ARC of Tessa Dare's Do You Want to Start a Scandal? I am totally in love with Piers and adore Charlotte and am laughing out loud at some scenes.

message 4: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1923 comments Mod
Thanks, Janga! Ditto on the trope! Friends to lovers in the hands of JAL is something i want badly!!

message 5: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments I'm with you guys! WILD AT WHISKEY CREEK looks awesome. I can't wait. I loved HOT IN HELLCAT CANYON too, Manda.

I'm in the middle of A SUMMER TO REMEMBER by Marilyn Pappano and really liking it. I'm loving revisiting a lot of old friends. I still wanted more of Lucy and Joe, but I guess their story is kind of wrapped up. I really like Marti and Dillon, along with the main couple - Fia and Elliot. I LOVE Elliot (and Mouse)!

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I'm reading the final Olivia Parker book which kind of sucks that the last one she has planned wasn't published

message 7: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1206 comments I'm reading BET ME by JC! At long last ! I thought I had read it but I hadn't!!!!
Then I will be reading the puzzler!!! Squishy Fishy!!! lol

I haven't read HOT IN HELLCAT CANYON...better get onto that too!