Catholic Readers discussion

Non Fiction > Lord's prayer / Sign of the cross

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael | 27 comments Hello guys

I am looking a good Catholic book about the Lord's prayer who explains all the theological threasures which are packed in the Lord's prayer.

I have recently purchased this book about the sign of the cross; The Sign of the Cross Recovering the Power of the Ancient Prayer by Bert Ghezzi but I am oppen for new books suggestion to the topic sign of the cross as well

Thank you in advanced for your reply

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Hosbach | 203 comments Michael wrote: "Hello guys

I am looking a good Catholic book about the Lord's prayer who explains all the theological threasures which are packed in the Lord's prayer.

I have recently purchased this book about t..."

Hi, Michael, "The Way of Perfection" by St. Teresa of Avila is a classic on prayer and many of the later chapters delve into the Our Father or "Paternoster" as she refers to it.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna | 44 comments The Sign of the Cross by St. Frances De Sales is excellent. I read it last year. Got it from Amazon

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael | 27 comments I have the book of Francis de Sales on my list. I had bought a collection of Francis de Sales writing for my Kindle, but somehow this one is missing which is strange.

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna | 44 comments Michael wrote: "I have the book of Francis de Sales on my list. I had bought a collection of Francis de Sales writing for my Kindle, but somehow this one is missing which is strange."

Good. Also, have you gone to Catholic.com and used the search bar to see what they have available? I get better results when I use "Lord's Prayer" rather than not use the quotation marks. Just a thought. There might be some shorter articles available there. You might even call them and see if they have suggestions.