Genre Specific Review Groups discussion

Genre Review Groups > Non-Fiction Review Group 2 (closed)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R. (last edited Aug 07, 2016 02:35PM) (new)

R. Leib | 765 comments Mod
In joining this review group you have agreed to review the novels assigned to you on a two month schedule. This group is now in the review phase and is no longer open for sign up.

This is Non-Fiction Review Group 2, which will include all works classified as non-fiction including self-help. (If you are uncertain about whether your work qualifies, message the moderator with the link to your work's Goodread page.) As with other review groups, you will be expected to read and give an honest review of the books assigned to you. Assignments will be made after the group sign-up has filled.

Participants are expected to post reviews to Goodreads. If the review is positive (three stars or higher on Amazon), the review should be posted to Amazon (US and UK) as well, if the book is available there. This makes having accounts with both Goodreads and Amazon.com a requirement.

If a reviewer and the author agree that the review should not be posted to Goodreads due to quality issues, the reviewer is relieved of the requirement of posting the review. If this occurs in the first round, the second reviewer is relieved of the requirement to read and review the book. This is entirely at the discretion of the reviewer and is not intended in any way to manipulate the rating of any book.

Contact the authors you are scheduled to review to arrange to receive a review copy of their work.

Please post to this topic, both when you receive review copies and when you post the reviews.

If you are going to be late with your review, either post to this topic as soon as possible or message the author and the moderator.

If your book has not been reviewed by the deadline for either round, contact the review group moderator. This is necessary to make certain that the review process is fair for everyone.

Note that any participant who makes no effort to fulfill his or her commitment to this group will have all reviews of his or her work resulting from this group deleted and his or her membership in the Genre Specific Review Group will be terminated.

THE AUTHORS AND BOOKS ARE:

1 Carly Berg - Story Prompts That Work Story Prompts That Work by Carly Berg

2 Christy Nicholas - IRELAND: Mythical, Magical, Mystical: A Guide to Hidden Ireland IRELAND Mythical, Magical, Mystical A Guide to Hidden Ireland by Christy Nicholas

3 Angelique Bochnak - Change Your Mindset Change Your Life: Create the Foundation for Developing New Habits for a Lifetime of Success and Happiness Change Your Mindset Change Your Life Create the Foundation for Developing New Habits for a Lifetime of Success and Happiness by Angelique Bochnak

4 Ibiloye Abiodun Christian - A Prayerful and Virtuous Woman Always Prevails A Prayerful and Virtuous Woman Always Prevails by Ibiloye Abiodun Christian

5 Francis Mont - Humane Physics - Classical Physics - Second Edition Humane Physics - Classical Physics - Second Edition (Book#1) by Francis Mont

6 Anthony Stancomb - The Under a Croatian Sun - From grey Britain to a sunny isle: one couple's dream comes true. The Under a Croatian Sun - From grey Britain to a sunny isle one couple's dream comes true. by Anthony Stancomb

THE ORDER OF REVIEW IS AS FOLLOWS:

August 9 to September 9

Carly Berg reviews Angelique Bochnak
Christy Nicholas reviews Francis Mont
Angelique Bochnak reviews Christy Nicholas
Ibiloye Abiodun Christian reviews Anthony Stancomb
Francis Mont reviews Ibiloye Abiodun Christian
Anthony Stancomb reviews Carly Berg

September 9 to October 9

Carly Berg reviews Christy Nicholas
Christy Nicholas reviews Ibiloye Abiodun Christian
Angelique Bochnak reviews Anthony Stancomb
Ibiloye Abiodun Christian reviews Angelique Bochnak
Francis Mont reviews Carly Berg
Anthony Stancomb reviews Francis Mont

message 2: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments I would love to join with my travel guide IRELAND: Mythical, Magical, Mystical: A Guide to Hidden Ireland by Christy Nicholas. Thanks!

message 3: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Bochnak (ambochnak) | 3 comments Please add my book Change Your Mindset Change Your Life to the list!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Thanks -A

message 4: by Ibiloye (new)

Ibiloye Christian pls, add mine too.
A Prayerful and Virtuous Woman Always Prevails
at,
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Thank you

message 5: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Stancomb (anthonystancombgmailcom) | 14 comments I'd like to join with the first book that i wrote (3years ago) about our life on a Croatian island.

message 6: by R. (new)

Authors:

The review schedule has been posted in the initial comment of this topic. Please review it and let me know of any problems as soon as possible. Note that there was no way to avoid all interactions between Carly and Ibiloye and Carly and Anthony. So, Carly is scheduled to review Anthony's book.

R.

message 7: by R. (last edited Aug 07, 2016 02:39PM) (new)

Carly wrote: "R., as per our PM discussion before you made up the ordering, I *can't* review any of Anthony's books since he has already reviewed one of my books. That is not the same as saying we need to avoid ..."

We have done this before and not had a problem with Amazon. However, the schedule of review has been revised per Carly's suggestion. Anthony is scheduled to review Carly in the first round. Carly will provide Anthony with a different book to review.

R.

message 8: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments Thanks!

message 9: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments My review of Humane Physics

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Amazon - waiting on it to post

message 10: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments Thanks. You really did rekindle my interest in the subject... and those dropped college courses were 25 years ago :D

message 11: by Ibiloye (new)

Ibiloye Christian Thanks Francis, though I still wonder if you bought the book or read a sample.

message 12: by Ibiloye (new)

Ibiloye Christian Angelique,
Would you be kind enough to send a PDF or epub copy of your. book to ibiloyeca@gmail.com
Thanks.
Ibiloye

message 14: by Molly (new)

Molly McHugh | 27 comments I'd love to join - if too late, maybe next time.

But I don't need much time to read and review. So add me in if you can.

Thanks much, Molly

My book: Bipolar 1 Disorder - How to Survive and Thrive

message 15: by R. (new)

Molly wrote: "I'd love to join - if too late, maybe next time.

But I don't need much time to read and review. So add me in if you can.

Thanks much, Molly

My book: Bipolar 1 Disorder - How to Survive and Thri..."

Actually, we have lost a member of this group. You are welcome to join for the second round of reviews in his place. Your assignment is to read Angelique Bochnak's book. Christy Nicholas will be reviewing your book for the second round.

R.

message 16: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments Got it! Actually, that's perfect, as my husband was recently diagnosed bipolar. I look forward to the insights.

message 17: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments I just posted my reviews of Molly McHugh's Bipolar 1 Disorder

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
https://smile.amazon.com/Bipolar-Diso...

message 18: by A.M. (new)

message 19: by Molly (new)

Molly McHugh | 27 comments Christy wrote: "Got it! Actually, that's perfect, as my husband was recently diagnosed bipolar. I look forward to the insights."

Thanks so much for the review Christy and sorry for your personal situation - hope I gave some ideas for help and healing outside of medication for life approach.

best, Molly

message 20: by Molly (new)

Molly McHugh | 27 comments I just posted my review of Angeliques' - Change your Mind Change Your Mindset. Now time for me to get busy being better with goal-setting :)

Amazon review not live... just posted.

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 21: by Molly (last edited Oct 09, 2016 02:57PM) (new)

Molly McHugh | 27 comments Question: Whos place did I take, so I can review the next book (my name isn't on round robin list, got added late).

Thank you!

message 22: by Dan (new)

Dan Purser (DanPurserMD) | 1 comments I'd love to join (maybe I have already?) and would like to review the Mont book HUMANE PHYSICS.

How do I go about doing this?

--Complete Newbie (despite 13 #1 books on Amazon)
Dan Purser MD

message 23: by Christy (new)

Christy Nicholas (greendragon9) | 104 comments Molly, you took Ibiloye Abiodun Christian's place, so your next review is Angelique Bochnak's book.

message 24: by R. (new)

Authors:

This review group is closed. I want to thank all the authors who completed their reviews.

R.

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna Weber (successfullypublished) {An} Unsinkable Soul: Life as I Know It...

I would love to participate in this review group as a new "session" opens.

I actually have one to participate with here!

May your day be blessed. ~ A

message 26: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Lang (ayrshireauthor) | 21 comments Hello, just to report that I have finished Anthony's book, 'Notes from a very small island'. Reviews are now complete too. Lucy Lang