Book Snails Book Group discussion

Fun & Games > Would You Rather

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Julie (last edited Jul 25, 2016 01:09AM) (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) This is a game where someone writes two thing that have to be picked from. The next person has to chose which "would you rather" they would do. Then once that person picks, they are to think of the next two options for the next person.

So I will write two options to pick from.

"Would you rather"
1). Have to eat a full head of iceberg lettuce every day for the rest of your life, OR
2). Never be able to eat ice cream ever again?

So now someone has to pick and put down their answer 1 or 2 and then they also have to write down the next two options for the next participant.

message 2: by StarMan (last edited Jul 25, 2016 11:12AM) (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments 2) I would rather skip ice cream, believe it or not. There are similar treats I could enjoy. The thought of eating a head o' lettuce every single day... no thanks. Although I suppose if you chopped it up well enough and mixed it in with different stuff, it might be doable.

Would you rather:

1) Have a missing ring finger on one hand
2) Have an extra toe on each foot (you can't have 'em removed)

(No offense to anyone with missing/extra digits... I've had friends in both categories).

Ooops, technically not a "which would you do?" dilemma... so feel free to ignore if outside the rules!

message 3: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1150 comments Mod
Julie wrote: "This is a game where someone writes two thing that have to be picked from. The next person has to chose which "would you rather" they would do. Then once that person picks, they are to think of the..."

Thanks for starting WYR Julie!

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Allison wrote: "Julie wrote: "This is a game where someone writes two thing that have to be picked from. The next person has to chose which "would you rather" they would do. Then once that person picks, they are t..."

Thank you!! :-)

message 5: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Have an extra toe on each foot (more balance, maybe?)

Would you rather...
1) drink nothing but water for the rest of your life?
2) drink nothing but milk for the rest of your life?

message 6: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments I'm going with 1) water, definitely!

Next Dilemma:

Would you rather...

1) Be limited to 1 cup of COFFEE a month.
2) Be limited to 1 slice of PIZZA a month.

Oh... the horror!

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Piper wrote: "1, for sure! I don't drink that much coffee.

Would you rather..
1) Have eyes on your feet (extra eyes)
Or
2) A lizard tail"

I would pick having a lizard's tail. It would help me with balance and having eyes on my feet, I wouldn't be able to wear shoes very comfortably.

Would you rather:
1) Have to wear only one color for the rest of your life?
2) Can only eat cotton candy, carrots, and eggs for the rest of your life?

message 8: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Definitely 1) have to wear only one color for the rest of my life

Would you rather:
1) change something in your past or...
2) be able to know your future?

message 9: by Allen (new)

Allen (allenlovesjulie) | 4 comments Rather know my future.

Would you rather:
1) Have to eat a snake
2) Have to eat 5 spiders

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Piper wrote: "Live or dead ? :0"

Good question. He said dead.

message 11: by StarMan (last edited Aug 03, 2016 07:59PM) (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments I choose 5 spiders... preferably fried, or battered -and- deep fried.

Next situation:

You are to be stranded on a tropical island, 'Survivor' style, for one year. You can bring 2 items. Would you choose:

1) A book and a toothbrush
2) A machete (big knife) and an extra-large bar of soap

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) StarMan wrote: "I choose 5 spiders... preferably fried, or battered -and- deep fried.

Especially with ranch to dip them in! YUM! :-)

message 13: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) I would pick #2: A machete and extra large bar of soap.

Survival for one year would be easier with a big knife. Can I trade the bar of soap for a book? LOL

message 14: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments Julie wrote: "I would pick #2: A machete and extra large bar of soap.

Survival for one year would be easier with a big knife. Can I trade the bar of soap for a book? LOL"

Sorry, Julie, no trades!

I wonder what one book people would pick if they chose #1... I'm thinking War and Peace. I'd finally have an excuse to read the darn thing, before using it for emergency, um, paper.

You gonna give us a new dilemma to choose from?

message 15: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) StarMan wrote: "Julie wrote: "I would pick #2: A machete and extra large bar of soap.

Survival for one year would be easier with a big knife. Can I trade the bar of soap for a book? LOL"

Sorry, Julie, no trades..."

That would help, wouldn't it! haha!

message 16: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Would you rather

1) have to bath with no soap for one year
or
2) not brush your teeth for one year

message 17: by Just Elise (new)

Just Elise (justelise) | 176 comments My desert island book choice would definitely be a "Complete Works" of someone. Maybe Shakespeare.

Eew, such choices.

I'd go with option 1 - bathing without soap (because rinsing and scrubbing would go further without soap than it would without a toothbrush).

How about some more enticing choices? Would you rather...‎

1. ‎have the TARDIS land in your living room
or‎
2. receive‎ a welcome letter from Hogwart's
?

message 18: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments I concur with Elise... I could make do without soap, but I want my toothbrush.

Tardis or Hogwarts: TARDIS, no contest! I choose all of space and time over riding brooms.

message 19: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments Would you rather:
1) Be imprisoned in county jail for 1 year (a cellmate is optional).
2) Be forced to listen to Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" 24 hours a day (at moderate volume) for the next 10 years (no, you can't wear earplugs etc.)

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) StarMan wrote: "Would you rather:
1) Be imprisoned in county jail for 1 year (a cellmate is optional).
2) Be forced to listen to Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" 24 hours a day (at moderate volume) f..."

These are just plain cruel! Lol

I would pick #1 even though its going to be horrible. I just couldnt do 10 years of option 2!

Would you rather:
1). Give $100 to a stranger
2). Get $50 for yourself

message 21: by StarMan (new)

1) At your current job*, receive a 25% pay RAISE... but with 25% more responsiblity, 25% more stress... and you're now responsible for firing people who "underperform."

2) Take a new "fun" job that you truly love, with great co-workers, low stress, and great hours ... but a 25% pay CUT and a 10-minute longer commute.

(assume health and other benefits are roughly the same for both)
* If unemployed, pretend you're still at the last real job you had.

message 22: by Julie (last edited Aug 10, 2016 06:11PM) (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) StarMan wrote: "Would you rather:

1) At your current job*, receive a 25% pay RAISE... but with 25% more responsiblity, 25% more stress... and you're now responsible for firing people who "underperform."

2) Take ..."

You forgot to answer my "Would You Rather" scenario. LOL!!!

message 23: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments Ooops, I missed yours! (backwards date sorting messes me up sometimes!)
Julie wrote: Would you rather:
2). Get $50 for yourself

I'll pick # 1, because it sounds like a lot more fun, especially if it's a random act of kindness for someone in need.

message 24: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) StarMan wrote: "Ooops, I missed yours! (backwards date sorting messes me up sometimes!)
Julie wrote: Would you rather:
2). Get $50 for yourself

I'll pick # 1, because it sounds like a..."

I love RAK!!!! I am trying to teach our 11 year old about giving. Sometimes he surprises me. :-)

message 25: by Just Elise (last edited Aug 15, 2016 04:13PM) (new)

Just Elise (justelise) | 176 comments On principle, I'd rather move to the new job with the pay cut. 25% would be painful though. I'd have to get a second job. :(

Next: You have the opportunity to make one round-trip journey in a time machine. You may stay at your destination for 24 hours before returning. You may NOT mess with the space-time continuum (no trying to change anything). Would you rather:

1) go to the past
2) go to the future

Feel free to elaborate about where (when) you'd go and what you would do there.

message 26: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments Elise asked: Would you rather:
1) go to the past
2) go to the future
(no changing anything in either)

That's a good one, Elise! I can think of many past places, people, or events that would be worth visiting. Think of the mysteries or questions that you could know the answers to! Or perhaps there's a lost loved one or other personal reason for reliving 24 hours in the past.

But since I can't change anything, I'd pick 2) go the the future. I'd really like to know what the universe will be like a hundred, a thousand, or a zillion years from now.

I'm wondering how many folks would choose 1) instead... and precisely why.

message 27: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) I would chose #1 because of having lost a loved one when they were 21 and I would want to be able to say things I was never able to. I know that I couldn't change any of it, but just to be able to talk to them, would be worth it to me.

Would you rather:
1) Always be in second place or
2) 50/50 first place and last place

message 28: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments Julie wrote: "Would you rather:
1) Always be in second place or
2) 50/50 first place and last place"

If we are talking the fresh donut line, I choose #1 )second place

But it depends on what we are asking. Sometimes it's not smart to be the first or last!

message 29: by StarMan (new)

1) Never visit FaceBook again
2) Never visit GoodReads again

message 30: by Julie (last edited Aug 24, 2016 10:26AM) (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) SOOOO EASY for me!!!

#1 - Never visit Facebook again!

Now that Goodreads and I have been introduced, we are never breaking up!!!

Would you rather:
1) Have a nose hair 50 feet long and never be able to cut it
or
2) Can never cut your hair on your head

(compliments of my 11 year old son - go figure LOL)

message 31: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

I'd choose #2 (can never cut the hair on my head) because that nose hair might trip me up! LOL (Great WYR Zach!)

Would you rather:
1) spend a week in a tutu
or
2) spend a week in a Speed-o

I honestly don't know where these are coming from! ;-)

message 32: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Zach would rock the Tutu he says. Much more comfortable than the other option! Haha!

Would you rather:
1) Stick a toothpick under your toenail and slam it into a wall
or
2) Pull a tooth out without medication and with pliers

message 33: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

OUCH! I don't want to experience either of these awful pains, but if I had to choose one, I think I'd take option 2. Pull a tooth out without medication and with pliers.

It sounds horrendous, I know, but something about a foreign object jammed underneath my nail bed makes me squirm inside! No thank you! I can't stand getting my nail down to the quick either, it's so sensitive!

By the way, you say "without medication" but you didn't specify "without alcohol" so I'd probably get sauced on some hard liquor before the tooth extraction! LOL

Would you rather:
since everyone's back in school:
1) spend an entire semester reading and studying the works of Sylvia Plath (as the characters do in Meg Wolitzer's "Belzhar")
OR
2) spend an entire semester reading and writing your OWN morbid, sullen works (poetry, short stories, etc.)

message 34: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments Allison said: Would you rather:
1) spend an entire semester reading and studying the works of Sylvia Plath (as the characters do in Meg Wolitzer's "Belzhar")
OR
2) spend an entire semester reading and writing your OWN morbid, sullen works (poetry, short stories, etc.)

I'll pick 2. I'll read my own crap, thank you very much.

---

Would you rather:

1) Legally and permanently change your last name to 'Hitler.'
2) Never eat chocolate again.

(I saw this one somewheres, can't take credit for thinking it up)

message 35: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Allison wrote: "OUCH! I don't want to experience either of these awful pains, but if I had to choose one, I think I'd take option 2. Pull a tooth out without medication and with pliers.

It sounds horrendous, I k..."

Dang it! Omitted alcohol! Haha! I could never do #1 either. Makes my tummy hurt just thinking about it. :-)

message 36: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) StarMan wrote: "Allison said: Would you rather:
OR
2) spend an entire semester reading ..."

I would pick #2. I feel that the name Hitler is so synonymous with absolute hatred (and well deserved) that I just couldn't do it. It's been a while since the horrendous crimes happened but it will never be long enough for me to ever want to take that name.

Bye bye chocolate. You have been a great friend!

Would you rather:
1) Go on a Disney World trip, free-of-charge, in the dead of summer (heat, attendance record-high)
or
2) Go on a trip to Alaska, free-of-charge in the month of February (snowfall expected 15.9in/40.4cm and temperature 11F/-11.6C)

message 37: by StarMan (last edited Sep 05, 2016 02:15PM) (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments Julie wrote: "Would you rather:
1) Go on a Disney World trip, free-of-charge, in the dead of summer (heat, attendance record-high)
or
2) Go on a trip to Alaska, free-of-charge in the month of February

I do NOT like cold weather, yet I'd choose 2) ALASKA!
I could bundle up and drink lots of coffee in Alaska.
I cannot avoid all the tourists at D-World, nor the happy-happy-joy-joy overload.

As for toothpick under toenail vs pulling a tooth... I'm beginning to suspect that Julie is quite the sadist.

I won't even address Allison's tutu vs Speedo (shudder).

I'm curious to see what others here would pick on Alaska vs DisneyWorld!

~~~

Would you rather:

1) Have a magic REWIND button (sends you back in time to 15 minutes ago)
2) Have a magic PAUSE button (freezes everything & everyone but you for 15 minutes)

Variation: Same choices, but the button you choose will only work ONE time.

message 38: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

StarMan wrote: "Julie wrote: "Would you rather:
or
2) Go on a trip to Alaska, free-of-charge in the month of Febru..."

Sadist? Julie? Never! LMBO. She's just trying to get us all out of our comfort zones with these WYRs. It's working, by the way, Julie! hehe

message 39: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Julie wrote: "StarMan wrote: "Allison said: Would you rather:
OR
2) spend an entire s..."

I agree. The surname "Hitler" would not work for me! I'd easily give up chocolate--and dare I say it, maybe even COFFEE to avoid that last name!

message 40: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Julie wrote: "Allison wrote: "OUCH! I don't want to experience either of these awful pains, but if I had to choose one, I think I'd take option 2. Pull a tooth out without medication and with pliers.

It sounds..."

I can't even....can't even...try to mentally imagine that toothpick under the toenail...damn it, now I'm thinking about it! ;-) Maybe it's just me, but has anyone noticed how much fun these gruesome scenarios can be?

message 41: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments Gruesome for sure, Allison. It's like "choose between death by decapitation.... or death by hand grenade." Decisions, decisions!

Julie, I think you've missed your higher calling.

Here's a slightly less gory one:

Would you rather:

1) Salivate/slobber uncontrollably at any sight, smell, or mention of your favorite food... to the point a bib would be in order.

2) Salivate/slobber uncontrollably any time you see your favorite celebrity/famous person... photos, news stories, video clips, movies etc. would all set you off if they are in it.

message 42: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Easy. I'd choose option 1: Salivate/slobber uncontrollably at any sight, smell, or mention of my favorite food...

I just don't get that gaga over famous people.

WOULD YOU RATHER:
1) have a perpetual paper cut on the tip of your finger
OR
2) have a perpetual dull ache in the back of your neck

Again, don't know where they're coming from! LOL

message 43: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) StarMan wrote: "Gruesome for sure, Allison. It's like "choose between death by decapitation.... or death by hand grenade." Decisions, decisions!

Julie, I think you've missed your higher calling.

Here's a slight..."

Mine gory??!! Nah!! Slobber is gory! LOL! :-)

message 44: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Allison wrote: "Easy. I'd choose option 1: Salivate/slobber uncontrollably at any sight, smell, or mention of my favorite food...

I just don't get that gaga over famous people.

WOULD YOU RATHER:
1) have a perpet..."

For sure #2. I worked in an office for 20 years and have had countless papercuts from paper to file folders. OUCH! I hated them.

And said working in the office atmosphere, you end up with a constant dull ache in the neck so I am use to that pain anyways. :-)

Would you rather:
1) Wear a coat in 100 degree weather for an hour
or
2) Not wear a coat in 10 degree weather for an hour

message 45: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Julie, I am so sorry about the perpetual paper cuts for 20 years! I never dreamed that someone in the group would actually have had experience with that awful scenario!

So you'd deal with the dull ache in the back of your neck, huh? I would too! I hate paper cuts!

I would choose option #1 and wear a coat in 100 degree weather for an hour. I hate being hot but I hate being cold even more!

WYR:
1) attend a boring City Council meeting
OR
2) attend an entire evening at the Opera (no offense to those who enjoy Opera)

I ask this question because I had to attend a City Council meeting last night for my Reporting class. Trying to keep it relevant, I guess ;-)

message 46: by Julie (new)

Julie (julie_prewett) Allison wrote: "Julie, I am so sorry about the perpetual paper cuts for 20 years! I never dreamed that someone in the group would actually have had experience with that awful scenario!

So you'd deal with the dull..."

Why did you have to bring up such a horrible memory Allison!!! (Sniff, sniff) LOL - Just kidding. You are so funny!

message 47: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments Allison wrote: "WYR:
OR
2) attend an entire evening at the Opera (no offense to those who enjoy Opera)"

OPERA. At least I could sleep there if necessary, and not get fired.

Someone once wrote: "When I die, I hope it's at a staff meeting... because the transition from there to death will be so gradual."

~~

Would you rather:

1) Be a cow
2) Be a chicken

message 48: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2 comments StarMan
woul I be a free range chicken?

message 49: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

StarMan wrote: "Allison wrote: "WYR:
OR
2) attend an entire evening at the Opera (no offense to those who enjoy Opera)"

OPERA. At least I could sleep there if necessary, an..."

Whoever wrote that has a point! LOL

message 50: by StarMan (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1879 comments Leah wrote: "StarMan
woul I be a free range chicken?"

Ha! You can be any kind of chicken or cow you wish ;)

« previous 1