Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Around the World Team Challenge > Team Magical Flying Books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 509 (509 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by NBRC Travel Agent (last edited Nov 02, 2016 04:29PM) (new)

NBRC Travel Agent | 368 comments Team Members

Dima

Victoria

Rachel

Sam

Sumit

Teddie

Sherri

Joyce

No longer traveling:
PNJ

Halli

message 2: by NBRC Travel Agent (last edited Jul 24, 2016 09:43PM) (new)

NBRC Travel Agent | 368 comments Your itinerary is here

When you have a team name, just let me know and I'll update this thread name :)

First stop -Ushuaia (Argentina)

NBRC Travel Agent | 368 comments So just to get you started...

Your first stop is Ushuaia, Argentina.

You can choose as a team to:
TASK
- Read books set in Argentina, or by Argentinean authors or
- Do a spell-it-out of Ushuaia or Argentina

OR
You can elect to do the detour, which for this stop, means that four of you need to "Read a book where the ISBN10 number has exactly 7 even numbers"

NBRC Travel Agent | 368 comments reserved

message 5: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments Hello team! I'm crap at names, but will try yo come up with a few options anyway.
I am all for doing either the spell out or detour for this stop.

message 6: by Halli (new)

Halli | 500 comments I'm excited to get started!! I'm good with either, as well.

message 7: by Dima (new)

Dima | 129 comments woohoo. this is so exciting. I vote for the spell-it-out for this stop.

message 8: by Halli (new)

Halli | 500 comments Dima wrote: "woohoo. this is so exciting. I vote for the spell-it-out for this stop."

Sounds good to me!

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 78 comments This sounds good! I´m actually argentinian, so finding a book from an author here is not really a problem. I can tell you about some authors if you´d like, if we do the task :)
If you want to do the spell-it-out, it´s ok too, though it´s going to be a long one hahaha.

As for the names, i don´t know, if you all like Star Wars we can go with Millenium Falcon Crew or something like that, i´ll think a little more about that hahaha

message 10: by Dima (new)

Dima | 129 comments Victoria,
Do you have any suggestions for books by Argentinian authors? or take place in Argentina?

message 11: by Halli (new)

Halli | 500 comments I'm willing to do the Argentina authors, but I have to admit the spell-it-out sounds easier. I'm in another challenge too, so it would be much easier for me to be able to find books that just fit both if we were doing the word.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone!
I'd like to be the seventh member if this team, if that's ok with you?

message 13: by Halli (new)

Halli | 500 comments Okay with me! :) welcome to the team!

message 14: by Dima (new)

Dima | 129 comments As for the group name, I am ok with any Star Wars, Star Track, Doctor Who, or Serenity references (I'm a big nerd when it comes to Sci fi shows/movies haha )
Other name suggestions:
Traveling Books Society
Traveling Readers
Flying Readers
Magical Flying Books
Books Without Boarders

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

@Dima: great team names!
I personally like Magical Flying Books

message 16: by Halli (new)

Halli | 500 comments I like it too!! Yay for a new team name :)

message 17: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments I was wondering why our team thread was so quiet, then I got here and realized I hadn't set up notifications like I had thought. Ugh! All fixed now. :-)

message 18: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments Those are great suggestions Dima. I like Traveling Books Society and Magical Flying Books.

I prefer the spell it out because I am in a crazy number of challenges and will have a much easier time finding books that fit where I need if I'm just matching a letter.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

A spell-it-out sounds good to me

message 20: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments Welcome Chantal.

message 21: by Dima (new)

Dima | 129 comments So what's the time frame on the books for the first week? I mean can I use a book that I read in July? or does it have to be a book that I started and ended after the group started?

message 22: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments Dima wrote: "So what's the time frame on the books for the first week? I mean can I use a book that I read in July? or does it have to be a book that I started and ended after the group started?"

Books only count if started after our team thread was created.

message 23: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 78 comments Ok, let's do the spell-it-out then! I loved Travelling Books Society, and Magical Flying Books sounds great, reminds me of Matilda hahaha

message 24: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Jul 27, 2016 04:21PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments So we have 5 for Magical Flying Books, should we go with that or wait for the other two to come weigh in?

If we are going to do the spell-it-out, which one are we going to spell? I'm thinking Argentina might be easier, even though it is slightly longer. U's always seem so hard to me.

message 25: by Dima (last edited Jul 28, 2016 08:27AM) (new)

Dima | 129 comments If we're going to do spell-it-out then I just finished a book maybe we can use ( it can also be used for the letter H in Ushuaia):

A
R
G
E - The Husband List by Janet Evanovich started 7/24/2016. Finished 7/28/2016
N
T
I
N
A

I will be putting books read for this group in the nbrc_atw_team19‎ shelf

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Today I started with Ontworteld by Naomi Novik
We could use it for the letter N

message 27: by Dima (new)

Dima | 129 comments I also finished a book in Arabic موسم الهجرة إلى الشمال it translates to ( The Season for Immigrating North). It could be used for the letter I.

message 28: by Halli (new)

Halli | 500 comments I'm reading Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi which can be used for the T

message 29: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments I'm reading fawn by Nash Summers. We can use it for the other N.

message 30: by Victoria (last edited Jul 28, 2016 04:20PM) (new)

Victoria | 78 comments I´m reading La vez que casi me muero y otros relatos (the time i almost died and other stories) by German Beder. We can use it for the G

message 31: by Halli (new)

Halli | 500 comments I finished Shatter Me

message 32: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments Just finished fawn.

message 33: by Dima (new)

Dima | 129 comments I'm not sure if there is limit on the kind of books that we read. I just read a book with my daughter. it's about 149 pages. called Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. It can be used for the letter A.

message 34: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Jul 30, 2016 04:04PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments Dima wrote: "I'm not sure if there is limit on the kind of books that we read. I just read a book with my daughter. it's about 149 pages. called Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. It can be used..."

There are no page limits, which is good because my book was only 78 pages.

message 35: by Dima (new)

Dima | 129 comments ❀~Amy~❀ wrote: "Dima wrote: "I'm not sure if there is limit on the kind of books that we read. I just read a book with my daughter. it's about 149 pages. called Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. I..."

Great! Thank you!

message 36: by Sam F (new)

Sam F | 228 comments I'd love to join if you still have room. I can read A Thousand Miles to Freedom: My Escape from North Korea for the other letter A. Let me know - thanks!

message 37: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments I'm ok with you joining us Sam. Welcome!

message 38: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments We really need a name. Seemed like Magical Flying Books was the favorite.
Or new ideas are fine too. =D

NBRC Travel Agent | 368 comments ❀~Amy~❀ wrote: "We really need a name. Seemed like Magical Flying Books was the favorite.
Or new ideas are fine too. =D"

I'll update it - yell out if you want it changed later ;)

message 40: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments Thanks!

message 41: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments Was just looking over the rules and saw that we can use MC names for spell-outs. I just finished Double Blind, which we can use for the R since one MC's name is Randy.

message 43: by Sam F (new)

Sam F | 228 comments I just finished A Thousand Miles to Freedom: My Escape from North Korea by Eunsun Kim.

Do we need any of the other letters?

message 44: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 78 comments We are all done with the letters, so as soon as everybody finishes their books, we can move on!

message 45: by Sam F (new)

Sam F | 228 comments Exciting!

message 46: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 486 comments How's everyone coming along with their books? :-)

message 47: by Halli (new)

Halli | 500 comments I'm finished with mine. Also finished A Court of Thorns and Roses if it can be used for anything.

message 48: by Dima (new)

Dima | 129 comments Looks like we're waiting for Chantal to finish her book and we'll be done for the spell it out for this stop!

message 49: by Dima (new)

Dima | 129 comments Should we start voting about what to do for the next stop?
Task or Detour?
I set up a page on the spreadsheet here for voting so it will be easy to see the votes. If you guys would put either the words: Task, Detour, or Spell-it-Out :)

message 50: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 78 comments Dima i think it really depends on where is the next stop hahaha.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11