Play Book Tag discussion

Fates and Furies
This topic is about Fates and Furies
Archive: Other Books > Fates & Furies - Lauren Groff - ★★★★★

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (last edited Jul 25, 2016 03:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susie | 4488 comments I adored this book. I didn't know a lot about it going in, other than it was about a marriage and was told from two perspectives. I am so glad I didn't read more about it before I read it myself, and it is for this reason that I'm going to keep this review brief and just gush instead of giving a synopsis.

I found the writing in Fates and Furies to be spectacular, and I enjoyed each part equally. I didn't read it swiftly, but it was one of those books that I wanted to savour and so I was happy to take my time. I know this novel has been compared to Gone Girl and I found that to be a little misleading as this is in a totally different league. Gone Girl has its place, don't get me wrong, but it is by no means a masterpiece. Fates and Furies, on the other hand, is, and deserves all of the accolades that it has received. I think Anita wrote that it is like a Gone Girl/The Marriage Plot love child. I'm off to read The Marriage Plot!

message 2: by Ladyslott (last edited Jul 25, 2016 09:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I have had this book forever, I just never seem to get to it - and I don't know why; I'm a fan of Groff's earlier books. I think I will have to make an effort - the problem is I have so many books out from the library that books I own get pushed to the side. I'm going to get to it by the end of this year. Now it's in writing so I will have to actually do it.

Nicole D. | 1497 comments so glad, I loved it too

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments I thought it was great and clever too. I love books that tell a story in an interesting way. I knew nothing going in too and I liked that too. Just really interesting and I still think back about it.

Anita Pomerantz | 6749 comments Susie wrote: "I adored this book. I didn't know a lot about it going in, other than it was about a marriage and was told from two perspectives. I am so glad I didn't read more about it before I read it myself, a..."

Yay! I'm glad you really liked it, and I agree that it really is of a higher literary order than Gone Girl. I really love books that use suspense while still being literary and original. It's not easy to find ones that check all three boxes.

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments I'm glad you enjoyed it, too. We're drawn to the same books, I think, but often don't agree,