2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

What Darkness Brings (Sebastian St. Cyr, #8)
This topic is about What Darkness Brings
What Darkness Brings > What Darkness Brings by C. S. Harris

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 07, 2016 09:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
London, September 20, 1812

The death of a notorious London diamond merchant draws aristocratic investigator Sebastian St. Cyr and his new wife Hero into a sordid world of greed, desperation, and the occult, when the husband of Sebastian’s former lover Kat Boleyn is accused of the murder.

Regency England, September 1812: After a long night spent dealing with the tragic death of a former military comrade, a heart-sick Sebastian learns of a new calamity: Russell Yates, the dashing, one-time privateer who married Kat a year ago, has been found standing over the corpse of Daniel Eisler, a wealthy gem dealer. Yates insists he is innocent, but he will surely hang unless Sebastian can unmask the real killer.

For the sake of Kat, the woman he once loved and lost, Sebastian plunges into a treacherous circle of intrigue. Although Eisler’s clients included the Prince Regent and the Emperor Napoleon, he was a despicable man with many enemies and a number of dangerous, well-kept secrets—including a passion for arcane texts and black magic. Central to the case is a magnificent blue diamond, believed to have once formed part of the French crown jewels, which disappeared on the night of Eisler’s death. As Sebastian traces the diamond’s ownership, he uncovers links that implicate an eccentric, powerful financier named Hope and stretch back into the darkest days of the French Revolution.

When the killer grows ever more desperate and vicious, Sebastian finds his new marriage to Hero tested by the shadows of his first love, especially when he begins to suspect that Kat is keeping secrets of her own. And as matters rise to a crisis, Sebastian must face a bitter truth--that he has been less than open with the fearless woman who is now his wife.

60 Chapters

Character List
(view spoiler)

Spoiler Info
(view spoiler)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Siiiiiiiigh, why is Kat back? lol

Lol!

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I feel your pain, Kris.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Maybe this will be the book where Sebastian finally realizes that just how deceitful she is.

I'm starting this now!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Veronica - sorry I missed your comment!!! Thank you I needed some sympathy.

Lauren...I like your thinking!

Jonetta have fun reading.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Maybe I'll be able to start this one later today....here's hoping.

Phrynne | 605 comments I finished and enjoyed it very much. Really having to restrain myself from going straight into the next one!

I kinda feel like I'll be in that same boat, Phrynne:)

Phrynne | 605 comments It's hard! I am accustomed to binge reading a series once I find one I really like:)

Me, too:)

Couldn't resist posting this as this series keeps referencing Hero's carriage. I needed to see it!

photo image_zpsyitlergp.jpeg

Phrynne | 605 comments Wow! Imagine getting in and out of that elegantly in the dresses they wore!

Yeah, now I see why they needed footmen.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Fancy!

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Thanks so much; I thought I had an idea, but this is really the top of the line model, as it would be for Hero. Wow!

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Oh, I meant to say that I finished this book this afternoon. It was great.

I'll have questions posted by tomorrow.