Casual Bookclub discussion

Hello Amber and the Casual Bookclub

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian Mitchell-Gill | 3 comments Hi there. I see you are selecting your book for August and I wish you success with that endeavor. Looks like a tough choice! All good!

I also have an offer for you. I humbly suggest my first published book, Merrett's Gift
Merrett's Gift by Ian Mitchell Gill

I'm proud of this book and it's getting good reviews from all age groups. I basically wrote the book that I would want to read. While I love Sci-fi and fantasy, I've kind of burned out on those topics. I try to write more realistic fiction. I think what I'm most proud of is the very strong female lead in this novel. She's fun to write! I never set out to do that, she just dominated every chapter. That's just who she is!

I also offer to take place in any discussion you have. Would you like to have the author in on the talk while you're reading it? Or, perhaps show up when you're done and answer some questions. I've got some interesting answers I promise you!

The ebook is a great price! Here is the synopsis. "When six “criminally gifted” teens are caught misapplying their talents, each is given an offer they can’t refuse: to train at a secret school and put their skills to work for their country, or face the most severe consequences for their crimes.
The kids arrive at the Brockmann School of Excellence full of resentment and suspicion, and their first impressions of the place only confirm their fears. Then they meet Mr. Merrett—the teacher who changes everything. Suddenly life is a lot more interesting! Challenged in ways they never imagined, the teens slowly begin to meld into a team capable of more than even their trainers realize.
A fun, suspenseful roller-coaster ride of a story, Merrett’s Gift follows the adventures of a group of teens hell-bent on living life on their own terms, and the mysterious teacher who makes it possible. But who is he, really? And why is he so secretive about his past?
Class is in session! Enjoy—but keep an eye on your valuables. And your passcodes. And your car . . ."

Good luck on your August selection and maybe we'll have a chance to chat in the near future. Your fan, Ian
(P.S. much respect for all book lovers.)

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber | 3 comments Mod
Hi, Ian! I took a look at your book, and, after talking with a friend in this group, I've decided that your book, Merrett's Gift, will be our book for August, and it would mean a lot to myself and others in the group if you would be involved in our discussion of the book as we read it. Thank you so much for suggesting it! Hope you have a fantastic day :)

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian Mitchell-Gill | 3 comments That sounds....awesome! I will make myself very available for group chat or individual questions. Should be great fun! This is going to sound weird, but I recommend the ebook. I got it for my Kindle and it was well done. Nice price too!

Many thanks to you and the group. I'm interested to see which character you like the best. I know my favorite! I really hope you enjoy it.

Ian