2-3-4 Challenge discussion

A Darkness More Than Night (Harry Bosch, #7; Terry McCaleb, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #9)
This topic is about A Darkness More Than Night
Archives - Group Reads > A Darkness More Than Night by Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch #8) - August 2016

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 24, 2016 11:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11290 comments Mod
Terry McCaleb, the retired FBI agent who starred in the bestseller "Blood Work," is asked by the LAPD to help them investigate aseries of murders that have them baffled. They are the kind of ritualized killings McCaleb specialized in solving with the FBI, and he is reluctantly drawn from his peaceful new life back into the horror and excitement of tracking down a terrifying homicidal maniac. More horrifying still, the suspect who seems to fit the profile that McCaleb develops is someone he has known and worked with in the past: LAPD homicide detective Harry Bosch.

Discussion Questions

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Started this last night and am on Chapter 19 (40%)...am loving it.

Wow! You're moving along rapidly.

message 4: by Charlene (new) - added it

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 614 comments Have it from library.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Jonetta wrote: "Wow! You're moving along rapidly."

It helped that I was working Sun and Mon for 4 hours each all by myself. It makes the time go by faster.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4454 comments Mod
1 person ahead of me at the library. Hope to get it before the end of the month.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Hopefully they are a fast listener.

I'm almost done. Had a bit of panic when I realized that my audio edition was abridged. Thankfully, my library had the unabridged version available.

I've got about three hours left (on a road trip).

message 9: by Charlene (new) - added it

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 614 comments I'm about halfway through, and this is really intense! Liking it a lot.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Jonetta wrote: "I'm almost done. Had a bit of panic when I realized that my audio edition was abridged. Thankfully, my library had the unabridged version available.

I've got about three hours left (on a road trip)."

For some reason we have a mix of abridged and unabridged audio for Connelly too. Only his books tho, lol.

message 11: by Charlene (new) - added it

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 614 comments I'm now really into Harry (and Terry somewhat less). I anticipate a really interesting discussion :)

The discussion questions are now posted! Sorry for the delay.
(see link in message #1 above)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Thanks Jonetta! I will get to those later this week.