Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Pick-a-Shelf: Monthly -Archive > 2016-08 - Creepy - what will you read?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 8733 comments Mod
Christina has picked Creepy for August! Do you enjoy that creepy crawly feeling up your spine? I personally don't though it seems that I've read quite a few of these books...

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 2597 comments i've read quite a few on the first page as well...don't know how many of them i would call creepy though

message 3: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) | 1420 comments I agree that some books on this shelf didn't seem creepy at all to me... though some of the others definitely are.

I don't often read creepy books, but I enjoy some creepy feelings now and again.

I will probably read either The Woman in White or The Invisible Man. More likely the second one, since it is also a group read in another group.

message 4: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (lil_bookette) | 109 comments I think I will read Locke & Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft since I have the ebook waiting. I've been meaning to read something by Joe Hill.

message 5: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1611 comments I'm looking at The Passage and/or The Pit and the Pendulum.

message 6: by LynnB (new)

LynnB | 1667 comments I'm not sure what I'll read, but maybe something by Edgar Allan Poe, Stephen King or Neil Gaiman.

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina Byrne (cmbyrne87) | 161 comments I'm going to read Unwind as my main pick for this shelf. I will also be reading Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children with my book club this coming month as well so I will review both on here.

message 8: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4750 comments Mod
Before I Go to Sleep - just got it out of the library for Bookopoly!

And Then There Were None - SRC challenge book

Cryer's Cross - SRC challenge book

The Little Stranger - SRC and RWS challenges book

Looks like I may make headway on some other challenges if I read all these for PAS shelf.

Dogsandbooksanddogsandbooks I have picked You for August. I really want to read or listen to Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children but the library wait list is off the charts. So that will happen way past the August date.

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) | 2834 comments Mod
Dee wrote: "i've read quite a few on the first page as well...don't know how many of them i would call creepy though"

Lol, I find that what some of you think of as "not very creepy" creeps the hell out of a light weight like me, lol.

I will be reading two books in August that are on the list, so I am set. They are :

Bird Box
Ghost Story

Since I read a lot of thrillers, I have a few others planned that might fit the bill also.

Bea wrote: "Before I Go to Sleep - just got it out of the library for Bookopoly!

And Then There Were None - SRC challenge book

Cryer's Cross - SRC challenge book

[..."

Bea - Before I Go To Sleep is supposed to be really good. It is on my HUGE TBR, which really can all be called the LOST list, lol.

LynnB wrote: "I'm not sure what I'll read, but maybe something by Edgar Allan Poe, Stephen King or Neil Gaiman."

Coralie wrote: "I'm looking at The Passage and/or The Pit and the Pendulum."

I love Poe! Enjoy.

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1099 comments I'll read either Vision in Silver (The Others, #3) by Anne Bishop or Shadows (Ashes Trilogy, #2) by Ilsa J. Bick

message 14: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod | 221 comments The Stand, but it will probably take me more than a month to read.

message 15: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) | 1420 comments Blarneygod wrote: "The Stand, but it will probably take me more than a month to read."

That's a great book, enjoy!

message 16: by Karin (new)

Karin | 806 comments I don't know; I don't go for creepy although I have read some. My reading time is going into a more limited phase as I begin to gear up for autumn!

message 17: by Matt (new)

Matt Mullins | 139 comments I love this shelf!

I am reading Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales

message 18: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly There are so many books I have already read and many more on my TBR shelf. So nice choice for August! What to pick first though... ;)

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan | 3466 comments Mod
I'm late in thinking about it, but I might try The Diviners by Libba Bray.