✎ 1x1 ✐ discussion

1x1 > Libra and Annabeth

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Hi!

Here is the idea again:

Muse A has given up on dating for a while being in some bad relationships. Her friends however have not given up and drag her to a masked ball that was being hosted in an old manor that had just been restored. Amazed at seeing this happen in modern times, Muse A is also a little bored. Her friends had dates so she was left sitting alone. Surprised by being invited to dance by a masked stranger, Muse B, she accepts and they start to dance. She tries to figure out who her dancing partner is but he won't tell or give anything away. They dance several more times before the end of the night, where Muse B disappears. Will Muse A find out who he is?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! lol Okay, so charries? I prefer simple ones if that's okay.

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Sure, that's no problem. Are you sure you're okay with playing the guy?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup, I play guys a lot, which is kinda funny considering I'm a girl lol Anywho, do we want to add anything to the plot at all? Like a supernatural type theme to add a little more mystery to the guy, or keep it realistic? I'm good either way :)

message 5: by ☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ (last edited Jul 24, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments I know, that happens to me too :) I was wondering about that because sometimes realistic ones can get boring. My idea, if it was realistic, was that the night of the ball your character could have moved into town so that after the ball my character would start to get to know him without knowing it was the guy from the ball. We could always do that idea with a supernatural theme if you wanted. I'm open to both.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh I like your idea! We could actually do both though! Like he could have some sort of dark past that has to do with something supernatural or he could be not entirely human and just moved into town and is hoping no one finds out about him... OH! What if he was like half demon or something? That would be cool!

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments That would be really cool! I haven't done a half demon story before because I really wasn't sure how they would act. That is a really good idea! :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I've got a character in one of my other RPs that is a demon that was born to humans, and he was made a demon by a necromancer, though he acts mostly human. I was thinking this one would be pretty similar, but I can work out the details in the RP lol

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Okay, that sounds good.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Coolness!

Name: Malakai Varian Ellis
Nicknames: Kai
Appearance:
description
He is 6'2" and has dark blue eyes that are almost black.

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Name: Brookyln O'Malley
Nicknames: Brooke and Lynn
Appearance:

She is 5'7'' and has light blue eyes.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh she's pretty! I love red hair. lol

Do you want to post first?

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments :) Sure, I'll have it up in a few minutes.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Okey dokey!

message 15: by ☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ (last edited Jul 24, 2016 02:31PM) (new)

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Brooklyn sighed and walked into her dorm room tired from her morning class. She dropped her backpack down beside her bed before sitting down on her bed. Her roommate, Lily, also had a morning class so she would be back in a few minutes. Lily had texted her that they had something to talk about when she got to the room and now Brooklyn was suspecting it had something to do with her love-life. Lily, who was almost the exact opposite of her, had been trying to fix her love-life after she recently got out of a relationship after breaking up with her boyfriend for cheating.

Brooklyn had almost suspected her boyfriend for a short while but had been in denial until she saw the proof. Now she just wanted to take a break from dating, something Lily and her other friends didn't want her to do. Speaking of her friends, she took her phone out of her pocket to look at the text Lily had sent her earlier but had never had the chance to look at. She was surprised when she saw what looked like an invitation. Enlarging the picture, Brooklyn saw that it was an invitation to a masked ball that was being hosted at an old manor that had just been refurbished. Part of her was excited thinking that that is very romantic and interesting but then she frowned seeing she had no one to go with and she would just tag along with her friends and their boyfriends.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai was busy unpacking some boxes and trying to get everything in his new apartment situated when he heard a sound coming from the door. He frowned and walked over to it, peering through the peephole as his heart started beating faster. He couldn't have been found so soon, could he? He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw someone was just slipping a small piece of paper under his door, then did the same to the apartment across from him. He picked up the paper at his feet and examined what appeared to be an invitation to a masquerade ball. It was a small town, so he guessed it was just a public event, since he didn't know anyone around that would have wanted to invite him.

He rolled his eyes and tossed the invitation into a box, initially finding the idea stupid. After a few more minutes of unpacking and arranging things, he found himself picking up the invitation again, intrigued by the idea. It wasn't often nowadays that people threw masquerade balls, and he thought it might actually be fun to go. Plus no one would be able to discover him there, he'd be wearing a mask the whole time! It would also give him the chance to see what kind of people lived in this town, and maybe he'd be able to tell if anyone would be a danger to him.

((I think I want him to have a huge black tattoo on his back, but it's not a tattoo. It's actually the mark of his father, who's a demon and is looking for him. And it would look like this: http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/4... It would be on his back, and the wing part trails down his right arm.))

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments ((Cool, I like it (: ))

Brooke sat up in bed hearing her roommate come into the room carrying two giant plastic clothing bags. Brooke stared at her with raised eyebrows as Lily struggled to get into the room without knocking anything over or dropping anything. When Lily had managed to close the door, Brooke asked her with a laug, "What are you carrying?"

"Just our dresses that we are going to be wearing for the masquerade ball," Lily said obviously very excited even though Brooke had told her she might not want to go. Lily continued talking, "I had these dresses ordered for us and I just picked them up this morning after class." Lily then laid out the outfit she said that was for Brooke which was a long dark red dress and a red and gold Venetian mask to match. Lily could see on Brooke's face that she was going to give into going despite her few reasons on not wanting to.

((Would it be better for your character for us to skip to the ball or did you have other things planned? I don't mind either))

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yay lol And yeah, it'd be better to skip XD))

Kai stood against the wall, silently watching people talk and dance. He wore a simple black tux and a mask that was black on one side and white on the other. He thought the contrast of the mask rather fitting considering what he was, half and half. Light and dark. The thought almost made him shiver, as it brought on memories of the psychopathic demon that sired him.

He shook off all his dark thoughts and continued to watch the people around him. After a bit he walked over to the bar and got himself a drink. He sipped the liquid as he looked around, his dark blue eyes sparkling with interest and curiosity. This wasn't a new thing for him, being around large crowds with loud music and dancing, but this was definitely a lot more sophisticated than he was used to. And yet even considering that fact, he looked like he belonged there. He'd had severed young women approach him already, but none of them had sparked his interest, so he hadn't asked any of them to dance.

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Brooke was right. Her friends and their boyfriends had immediately started to dance with each other so now she was sitting alone at one of the tables. She couldn't help but smiling however seeing everyone dancing and enjoying themselves. Resting her head in her hand she kind of zoned out for a second before seeing someone come up to her. Expecting one of her friends, she was surprised when it was a guy came up to her and started talking.

After they talked for a second, she realized that he had thought she was someone else. He just laughed when she told him that and said that that was bound to happen at a masquerade ball. He walked away and she sighed again alone, not that she really minded but she could use a conversation with someone. Looking around the room again, she decided that she might want to walk around a little and see a little more of the manor. Her first stop would be going to the bar to see if she could get some water.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai stayed towards the edge of the room, blending in as best he could so that he didn't draw any unnecessary attention to himself. A girl in a red dress and red and gold mask caught his eyes though. She had red hair that normally would have clashed with her dress, but she somehow managed to pull it off splendidly. Kai's dark eyes followed her through his mask, sparkling with interest. He watched as she went to the bar and got a glass of water. Underage, he thought.

He walked up behind her with a smirk on his face. "Care for something a little more fun?" he asked lowly in her ear. He moved so that he was beside her and looked her over. He could tell that she was gorgeous, even with her mask, and her light blue eyes were a huge contrast to his dark ones, but he couldn't help but feel entranced by them.

message 21: by ☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ (last edited Jul 25, 2016 10:20AM) (new)

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Brooke hadn't realized how thirsty had been for just sitting but it was a little warm since there were many people there. She did see some other people at the bar, including a guy in a black tux and a black and white mask, but she didn't really pay a lot of attention to them. She smiled and thanked the bartender for the water and right as she was about to take a sip, she heard someone talk right into her ear. Jumping instinctively, she turned around quickly surprised she didn't spill the water.

"No thanks. I think I'll just stick to the water," Brooke said holding up her glass and taking a sip. She looked over this guy as she drank it. His smirk annoyed her but what really surprised her was how dark his eyes were. They didn't seem to be brown though but it was hard to see what color they really were. Maybe it is the lightning, she thought to herself. When she finished drinking for now, she said, "Okay, I think I'm just going to walk around a bit." She smiled politely before she turned to walk away.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Malakai smiled slightly, more genuinely than when he was smirking. "Playing it safe tonight?" He asked. His voice was smooth, low, and seductive, and he spoke with a slight English accent, thought it was only noticeable when he said certain words. There was something about the way that he spoke that made people listen, and he was a quiet speaker, so people often leaned in closer to hear him better. That was his demon side shining through. His father had a voice that entranced anyone listening, and his words were often laced with magic, causing people to listen and obey him even if they didn't want to. Kai wasn't that powerful though, so his voice was simply pleasing to the ear.

He looked the girl over again, fascinated by her. Her dark dress complimented her figure wonderfully, and he was dying to see the face that was hidden by her mask. "Your dress is gorgeous," he commented.

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Brooke paused when she heard him talk again and it took her a second to figure out what he said because it was kind of quiet with all of the music and talking around. Once she figured it out, she said, "I'm only 20 years old so I can't actually get anything to drink." She knew that some people her age did drink but she didn't want to, even if she was able to drink legally. Looking back at this guy, she realized that now he seemed more sincere and she decided to wait a few more minutes to go exploring.

When he complimented her dress, she couldn't help but blush. "Thank you. My friend actually picked it out. I wasn't even sure if I was going to come to this but she convinced me. I didn't have anyone to go with so I'm alone here," she said realizing that she was telling him more than she would have and she wasn't really sure why she was telling this to a stranger.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai's smile widened slightly as the girl spoke, but he frowned slightly when she said she was alone. "No date?" He asked, raising a brow. He turned and leaned casually back against the bar, though even that simple movement was smoother that most men could pull off. "Forgive me for assuming, but I would have thought you would be here with someone. With that dress and mask you're practically the belle of the ball."

He was entranced by this girl and he hadn't even gotten her name or seen her face. He wanted to know more about her. He smiled again and held out his hand for her to take. "Since you don't have a date," he said, "May I have this dance?"

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Brooke shook her head regretting telling him those things. Not the one to talk to strangers, or anyone she wasn't really close to, she didn't look back at him now slightly embarrassed. She did look over at him when he said that she was the "belle of the ball". Blushing again slightly, she was glad that the mask covered part of her face. She looked over him after he said that and realized that he was attractive, even with the mask, so it was more surprising that he was alone as well.

She hesitated however when he asked her for a dance and she just stared at his outstretched hand. Thinking about it for a second more, she decided and said, "Sure." She smiled a little shyly as she put her hand in his. Brooke looked up at him as he smiled at her and thought that it might not be that bad dancing with him since he seemed to be okay so far.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai grinned and curled his finger's around the girl's hand when she put it in his. He led her out to the dance floor and placed a hand on her waist, pulling her a little closer as he took the lead. "So is there any chance I can get a name from you?" He asked quietly, his voice barely audible over the music. He had no intentions of giving her his name, as he didn't want to risk exposure any time soon. He didn't want to have any chance of his father finding him.

His father was Draconius, an ancient demon that had mated with a human girl in order to create Malakai, a half-demon who he could control and force to do any dirty work he wished. Kai hated him. But he was also terrified of him. Because of the fact that Draconius was his sire, Kai was tied to him with magic, and he wasn't able to resist any orders his father gave to him, whether he liked them or not, and he normally didn't like them.

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Brooke followed him onto the dance floor and in the process passed her friend Lily. Lily was facing her and smiled at her and her mystery dance partner. Shaking her head with a smile, she looked away from her and back at her partner as they started dancing. She wrapped her arms around his neck as they got in position and started to dance. Brooke heard him start to talk and moved in even closer as he started to talk so she could hear him better.

"My name is Brooklyn, but I usually go by Brooke," she said, "What's your name?" She looked over his face as they danced. She felt surprisingly comfortable with him despite not usually being comfortable with strangers. She followed his lead dancing noticing that he was very graceful at dancing. Her ex-boyfriend had never liked to dance so it was a nice change.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai smiled, "Brooke," he said softly, "I like it." He paused for a moment before responding to her question before simply answering with, "My name is unimportant." His black-blue eyes sparkled with interest as he looked over her mask, wishing he could see what was hidden behind it. He didn't ask though, as then she would insist her remove his own, and he wasn't ready for his face to been seen by so many people just yet.

"So tell me, Brooke," he said, "Why are you all alone? Surely there's someone you want to be dancing with, rather than some stranger?" He raised a brow, wondering why this girl wouldn't have a date. He was intrigued by her.

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Brooke heard a slight accent when he said her name and she wondered he had moved her a while before. She frowned when he said that his name was important since she did want to know it. Unknowing that he was thinking the same thing, she now wanted to see who he was because there was a slightly chance she would recognize him, though it was unlikely if she did see him.

She didn't think about that any longer when he changed the topic. She rolled her eyes thinking about her ex boyfriend. "I recently broke up with my ex-boyfriend after finding out he had cheated on me for the whole couple of months we were dating. At least the relationship wasn't that long, right?" she asked rhetorically. That was a thought she kept saying to herself so she wouldn't get too upset about what had happened.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Malakai frowned. "How very human of him," he murmured, shaking his head slightly. In situations like these, Kai was glad he wasn't entirely human, then he couldn't be completely associated with the kind of people that would do that sort of thing. But then again, his father was even worse about that and so much more than anyone Kai had ever met, so maybe being half demon was worse.

"That doesn't justify his actions," he said when she mentioned how her relationship hadn't gone on that long. "When a person is in a relationship they should only have eyes for their significant other, or there's no point to the relationship at all."

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Brooke frowned not hearing what he said under his breath. She was going to ask him to repeat it but he seemed to be talking to himself so she didn't even though she was curious about it. When he started to talk again, she listened closer. When he finished, she nodded and said, "That is very true but apparently none of the guys I've dated knew that."

She realized that she might seem strange or moody if she kept talking about her past relationships so she decided to change the subject. "So, why are you here all alone? I would think a girl would love to be with someone who knew that much about relationships," she said looking up at his dark eyes, just realizing that they might be a dark blue now that she was closer.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai shrugged, then twirled Brooke around before responding. "I prefer not to have attachments," he said, "People don't tend to stick around me for too long, so I prefer to avoid being hurt by my mistakes." That was true, but only because his father usually killed anyone that Malakai got too close to. The demon was convinced that emotional attachments held his son back from his potential. Potential for what? Kai had no idea, but he knew he wouldn't like it when he found out.

The song ended and Kai released Brooke. "To be continued," he murmured, stepping away and disappearing into the crowd without waiting for a response. He couldn't stay there with her for much longer or he'd end up sharing something he wasn't ready for anyone to know. He knew he'd dance with her again by the end of the night though, he doubted he'd be able to stay away for long.

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments Brooke smiled when he spun her around but when she faced him again and he told her that, she started to frown. It was obvious that he had gotten hurt before but the part about people not sticking around was what confused her. Why would they not stick around for long? He seemed like a nice enough guy so maybe he was too busy? She opened her mouth to ask him something else when she heard the song end and them stop dancing. Despite her wanting to know more, he left her until she lost him in the crowd.

Still frowning she was heading back to the table but was intercepted by Lily and her boyfriend. "Brooke, who was that guy? You guys seemed to be getting along," she said smiling. Lily knew that Brooke was more reserved around new people and most have noticed that she was, for some reason, more comfortable or able to talk with that guy. "I have no idea, he wouldn't tell me before he left. I think I'll see him again tonight though," Brooke said hoping for the chance to ask for his name.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai watched Brooke from a distance, being sure that she couldn't see him. He could tell her friends were asking who he was, and smirked slightly at how successful he'd been at keeping his identity a secret. Their dance had left him wanting more though, and he had to restrain himself from walking over and dragging Brooke back out onto the dance floor, not that he thought he'd get mush resistance there though.

He went back to the bar and got himself another drink, then decided to explore for a bit before returning to the party. The manor was gorgeous, and he soon found himself several floors up on a balcony looking out on the grounds.

((Sorry this took so long, I've have writers block and I'm really bad at maintaining long posts lol

Do you wanna have them run into each other on a balcony or something at some point?))

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments ((No problem, I understand. Yeah that'd work (: ))

Brooke sat back down at her seat which was still open like most of the other tables but that wasn't really surprising. Everyone was having a good time and wanted to enjoy the evening. After sitting down she thought back to her one dance of the night and couldn't help looking around for her mysterious dance partner. She was very curious about who he was but maybe she would be able to find out if she found him again.

Looking at her cell phone quickly, she realized that it was just about half way through the evening and she decided to go outside for a break. She had seen a door leading out onto a balcony nearby so she headed there. Walking through the open doors, she at first couldn't see anyone there because of shadows and less light shining from the other room. Looking closer, she realized that it was the same guy as before. "Hello again," she said almost shyly leaning onto the railing a couple of feet away from him. It was nice outside so the cool air was nice after being inside with everyone else.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai had been so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear Brooke come out, and jumped slightly at the sound of her voice. "Hello, Brooke," he said softly, glad it was more quiet out here so he didn't have to speak as loud for her to hear him. "What brings you out here?" He asked, raising a brow.

He noted how the moonlight reflected in her eyes and made them even more beautiful. He decided he was glad he'd come tonight. So far it didn't seem as though anyone had recognized him, not that he thought they would, since this was a completely new town for him. And he'd had the chance to meet the lovely girl standing before him. He wondered if he'd run into her elsewhere, after the party, and if she would realize it was him. He'd have to be careful though, as he didn't want too many people to know of his existence here.

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments "I just wanted to explore a little and for some separation from the crowd," she said looking over at him briefly before looking back over the property. It was nice and a part of her wished that she was able to stay there more and see what this old mansion would be like more often or on normal days. Sighing quietly she focused back on reality. "What about you, why are you out here? Shouldn't you be dancing with other lonely girls?" she asked smiling at him and teasing slightly.

Looking over at him she wondered why this stranger was here. The town that they were in was small to average sized so most everyone knew or at least recognized everyone else but she knew that she had never met him, despite him wearing a mask. And the accent that she heard occasionally hinted that he had moved from somewhere else but she wanted to know why.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai smiled slightly and chuckled. "No, I really shouldn't be dancing with anyone," he said calmly, "Not even you. But for some reason I find myself craving another dance with you." He cocked his head to the side. "You intrigue me, Brooke," he continued, "There's something about you, I just can't put my finger on it. But I'm drawn to you..."

((Sorry it's short and late. I've had a long going on over the past few days and keep forgetting to reply to a bunch of my rps. People are getting mad at me lol))

message 39: by ☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ (last edited Aug 01, 2016 07:55AM) (new)

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments ((No problem, I understand))

Brooke smiled hearing him laugh for the first time but started to blush when he was talking about how she was affecting him. She just shook her head and said, "I'm not known to be that intriguing since I'm really not that interesting but thank you. And I was glad that we danced tonight, even if it was only once." She turned away from him after that and looked back out to the grounds. Going over what he said, she realized that he didn't talk like other guys she knew. It was nice, in a kind of old fashioned way, but she did like it.

((I was thinking about having her friends say that they need to leave before the end of the night. Then we can skip to when they see each other again, maybe at school or something. Would that work?))

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Kai tilted his head as he watched her. "What makes you say that?" He asked, "You seem quite interesting to me." He smiled when she said she was glad they danced. "Perhaps we'll have to do it again at some point tonight," he said, "I rather enjoyed dancing with you as well."

((That works for me. I was thinking at some point in the night Kai would find out where Brooke goes to school and either just show up there or start attending classes to try and get to know her.))

message 41: by ☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ (last edited Aug 01, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments ((Okay, and yeah they can go to school together))

Brooke smiled and nodded about dancing again. "I would like that too," she said. She opened her mouth to explain why she said that but then she heard her name being called behind them. Turning around she saw her friends coming over. She noticed one of them next to her boyfriend who was helping holding her up slightly. Frowning she looked at Lily who had just called her.

"Ashley isn't feeling well so we're going to go," she told her. Brooke came with them so they were her ride. Turning back to Kai she said, "I have to go." She paused before saying, "Bye." She smiled one last time before leaving with her friends and driving back to campus where they live in the dorms. In the car, Brooke thought back about the guy and guessed that she wouldn't see him again. Even if she did, she might not even know who he was.

message 42: by ☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ (last edited Aug 04, 2016 06:00PM) (new)

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 3082 comments