Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

Museum of Extraordinary Things > 8. Maureen staying w/Professor and Coralie

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
8. Why did Maureen choose to stay with the Professor and Coralie, in spite of his treatment of her? Of the lessons that Maureen taught Coralie, which were the most important?

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Maureen was like a mother to Coralie; she couldn't leave her. And she taught her that love comes unexpectedly and that it was possible.

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
I agree completely with Chelsea. I had comments that are parallel to these with this topic in mind. Good stuff.

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam | 218 comments I chose to believe that Maureen was C's mother - hadn't even been a thought of mine until Coralie's letter at the end - but a mother endures all for her children. That's why Maureen stayed. The overall lesson from Maureen to Coralie was framed by many smaller lessons - things are often not what they seem. Sorry I can't remember specific lessons, that was my sense of M's life lessons.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments It had actually occurred to me that Maureen might be Coralie's mother. It was so convenient that she showed up just when Sardie needed someone. And, as Coralie said in her letter, whether she was her birth mother or not, she WAS her mother.