The Potterheads ⚯͛ discussion

Harry Potter > Writing

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here you can post anything you have written. It can be a poem, fan fiction, story or anything you want really. It doesn't have to be Harry Potter related! :) ⚯͛

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

So I've written the first chapter of a fan fiction about the night Harry's Parents were killed. It is written from Sirius' point of view. It is my first Fanfiction so it may not be any good!

- Chapter 1 , The Prophesy -

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice deceived him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have the power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..." James said with an airy almost foggy voice. His eyes wide and his hands waving around. Not a bad impression of this Trewlany woman I tell him. Lily's eyes are also abnormally large though with uneasiness and dread. Her hands shaking as she holds my precious Godson.His sparkling green eyes staring up at me through the darkness. I don't know how to break this spine-chilling silence. I hear a distant flutter of wings. We look towards the window and narrow our eyes to see through the fog. I see an owl coming into focus as it battles against the harsh wind. James opens the window and his eyes follow the bedraggled bird as it swoops through the window.
The owl perches itself on top of the old oak table and looks contently around the room. I walk to the kitchen and look for something to give the windswept tawny oil to eat. I grab a handful of blueberries, wave my wand over them and watch as the round blue fruit transfigures into misshapen brown crickets. (Mcgonagal would be proud i think to myself.) They squirm uneasily in the rough palm of my hand before i close my fingers around them and walk back to James, Lilly and Harry. I offer the crickets to the owl as James tears open the slightly damp, off-white envelope. He reads it aloud.
"Do not worry, as long as there is trust on your side, dear Harry will be safe from Riddle. If you need some direction as to where to go next, try the secret keeper charm. I trust Lily will be of knowledge of this, I remember Flitwick telling me that he used to teach this trust charm in N.E.W.T level Charms. Trust those you can Potter, for love and trust is all we have against him. △⃒⃘bus Dumbledoor."
I never know why he writes so sophisticatedly. It would be easier if he straight up just told us what to do, but i guess there is method in his madness. I look up and share a confused look with James before we simultaneously turn to look at Lily who is biting her bottom lip, her eyebrows lower than usual.. I can tell she is trying to recall when she was taught this so-called "Trust Spell". I turn to James, his facial expression tells me that he can not remember ever learning this charm. I assume we were running through the Hogwarts grounds in our Animagus form, hoping to copy Lily's notes later on.
"Got it" Lily whispers, her eyes lighting up for the first time in a while. Lily turns on her heel and taps her fingers along the aged oak bookshelf, her eyes focusing on each unique book in turn. She pauses as she strokes the battered spine of an old navy book with decorative glowers twinkling down the centre of the books spine. Lily picks it out and Hands Harry over to James. It is strange looking at James. When I think of James, I think of a 15 year old smart yet mischievous boy, striding through the grounds of Hogwarts wearing his usual loving eyes and friendly grin. To see him now, as an adult, caring for his family which he loves so much makes me realise how quickly time has passed.
I divert my eyes from my heavy brown swede boots and look up at Lily. She is looking at me with determination in her eyes. "Sirius... can i trust you with my life"

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace  Wright It's really good.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Grace Wright wrote: "It's really good."

Awe thank you! I'm trying to write the rest but I think I'm to excited for Cursed Child to think